Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 26th, 2022, 06:36 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Rules Team HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I think it would be useful to have all the updates needed /affected designs listed along with our proposals. I did it for the last one.

But Yea either way.
I believe the updates needed are zero.

Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 26th, 2022, 06:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Reviewing MrNobody's compiled lists, I don't see anything that would require an update. Anything that was intended to be after OMs were placed or somehow adjacent to initiative has additional context to specify timing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 26th, 2022, 07:22 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

So our ruling is basically just to use your best judgment and guess what we meant on cards? Nay
Old January 26th, 2022, 07:32 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's not the proposal in the slightest. The proposal defines the start of round phase as the phase in which Order Markers are placed and initiative is rolled. It states that most cards will include additional text within the power that species when in that phase the power triggers. It also specifies that if a power lacks additional text to specify when the power triggers, then the power triggers before Order Markers are placed.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 26th, 2022, 07:33 PM

Down to @toyhandle

Old January 26th, 2022, 08:44 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m personally uncomfortable with leaving the 14 I listsed earlier as unupdated. They say “start of the round” without defining that term any further, but then have “additional context,” mostly in the form of expecting Order Markers to be in places. So they explicitly don’t work with the Quozl ruling as it is.

But if I’m the only one who feels that way, I guess it’s fine. People can figure out what it’s supposed to mean.
Old January 26th, 2022, 09:04 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I voted nay because I agree relying on “additional context” is basically saying figure it out yourself which is the whole reason we are having this discussion.
Old January 26th, 2022, 09:11 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I voted nay because I agree relying on “additional context” is basically saying figure it out yourself which is the whole reason we are having this discussion.
I think there's a tangible difference between saying "At the start of the round, before rolling for initiative..." and "At the start of the round, if there is at least one Order Marker on this card..."
Old January 27th, 2022, 05:29 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Abstain

I don't have a strong opinion. Looking back at my very first comments about this, I had interpreted Start of the Round without additional context as being any time during that phase. If I had to declare where exactly Start of the round was without context, I'd say it was before anything else was done, because that's what Start means.
I'm also probably more in favor of revisions than most. If a card would benefit from it, would be in favor of it happening. Would be worth identifying the cards that could use more context.
Old January 27th, 2022, 09:39 AM

This passes as our official recommendation to the Heroes. In terms of implementation, since it redefines (or possibly for the first time defines) mechanics of the game, it goes on to the Heroes to make an official decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
"Figure it out yourself" was in no way part of my proposal. If that were being proposed, I'd be a nay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I’m personally uncomfortable with leaving the 14 I listsed earlier as unupdated. They say “start of the round” without defining that term any further, but then have “additional context,” mostly in the form of expecting Order Markers to be in places. So they explicitly don’t work with the Quozl ruling as it is.

But if I’m the only one who feels that way, I guess it’s fine. People can figure out what it’s supposed to mean.
If you feel those 14 need updating as part of the ruling, you probably have a solid case. I was going off of my reading of what you posted, but if you feel those 14 are not clearly defined within this ruling, I'd agree they should be updated. I'd certainly rather have them updated than left for people to figure out themselves. I agree that part of our purpose here is not to leave people to figure things out themselves.

I suspect that if/when you propose our suggested change to the Heroes, you might include the need for those 14 updates.

Old January 28th, 2022, 10:14 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'm not super comfortable bringing to the heroes without us all being on the same page, but I'm also not fully understanding the opposition. If we'd all be happier making a few more card edits, that's probably the way to go.
Old January 28th, 2022, 10:19 AM

If we need 100% consensus for every ruling here and can never press forward despite someone's misinterpretation of a proposal, we're not going to make much progress.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy