Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old March 29th, 2019, 11:17 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Nice to have you back around these parts, Tmac!

Unfortunately, a lot of the sculpts for earlier C3V waves are hard to come by nowadays. We don't control the markets, sadly, and so sometimes things dry up after they're announced.

Lefton4ya's resources are probably the best ones currently out there for buying the "official" or alternate/proxy figures.

The best thing you can do is keep your ear to the ground on eBay, and make sure you get the figures as soon as we announce them (or at least the ones that seem the most interesting to you!).
Old April 3rd, 2019, 10:14 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just trying to clarify since I once again missed out on a Strielitz auction for Icendiborgs.
The proxies listed on the spreadsheet are generally accepted? I get worried that if I buy one of the other Kolossus figures (still not inexpensive) that someone across the board from me will complain that they are not "official" and demand I not play them. I am looking at some bigger tournaments and don't want to upset things. I am relatively new to this (8 months) and do not want to make waves, but want to jump in further.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 10:29 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Are those the ones in a different color?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 3rd, 2019, 11:48 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Are those the ones in a different color?
The Strielitz that I missed out on are the "official" ones. The ones I can get are
Dragonmirov Kolossus. They seem to be slightly lighter (hard to tell from a picture), but are on the list that Lefton4ya's put on his Spreadsheet as a proxie.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 12:02 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yes, that looks like the same mini. Ultimately these things are not up to me; there is no "official" proxy system. If I were running the tournament, they would be acceptable as proxies without a second glance, and I would say that any tournament director who said otherwise was being unreasonable. Get them, enjoy, and play with confidence.

If you do find your local tournament scene and C3V is acceptable but someone (a tournament director or otherwise) says that these aren't good enough, please point that someone to this post.

If you're reading these words because coachmuskie has directed you here, and you say his Dragonmirov Kolossus minis are not good enough to be Vulcanmech Incendiborgs, I believe you are being unreasonable, and you should just play and have fun.

Does that help?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 3rd, 2019, 12:20 PM

That is perfect. I am buying away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Yes, that looks like the same mini. Ultimately these things are not up to me; there is no "official" proxy system. If I were running the tournament, they would be acceptable as proxies without a second glance, and I would say that any tournament director who said otherwise was being unreasonable. Get them, enjoy, and play with confidence.

If you do find your local tournament scene and C3V is acceptable but someone (a tournament director or otherwise) says that these aren't good enough, please point that someone to this post.

If you're reading these words because coachmuskie has directed you here, and you say his Dragonmirov Kolossus minis are not good enough to be Vulcanmech Incendiborgs, I believe you are being unreasonable, and you should just play and have fun.

Does that help?
Old April 3rd, 2019, 12:42 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Tmac2200 , @coachmuskie and anyone else looking at alternate figures on my spreadsheet - see my post below. The 3rd bullet also applies to Vulcanmech Incendiborgs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I made that spreadsheet combining the "official sculpts" and "alternate sculpts" listed on "Book of" thread as well as C3V Public Miniature Information Thread but also added figures that were "almost the same". For reference when browsing my sheet and you see multiple options, here is why:
  • Heroclix, Mage Knight, Star Wars - Multiple units are exactly the same sculpt and paint-job but have different base stats, so does not matter at all for Heroscape. A few of the promo figures have different paint-jobs.
  • D&D, Mechwarrior - There are multiple paintjobs, but the same sculpts.
  • Confrontation & AT-43: The figures are designed to be modular with different "units" having the same body and head, but can have different arms, weapons, and back protrusions (think of it like GI-Joes with different accessories), but is also why most people agree they are really hard to tell apart and so it doesn't matter that much. This is the case in having many options for Havech Eradicators and Gorillitroopers. FYI, the "Attachment Box" units have more/bigger guns than "Unit Box" but again same head and body.
  • Reaper - The pre-painted plastic figures are hard to find, so some Bones (unpainted plastic) and metal minis are added, but are all same sculpt.

See also C3V & SoV Alternate Figures which has some good-looking proxy ideas for hard-to-find figures, but which we really need some more options added to that list. I will also say what others said, is that for tournaments almost all TDs allow proxies, and at home games it really should not matter. The only reason to care on having the "official sculpt" is for the super completest who wants to "have them all" and is a stickler for collectivity, not playability.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 03:16 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually just won the incendiborgs on ebay. I had to pay an arm for them but I got them.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 04:47 PM

Smile Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

You probably beat me. Was it last night at 10ish east coast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
I actually just won the incendiborgs on ebay. I had to pay an arm for them but I got them.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 05:25 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yup, that was me. I put a lot of money on it so I was gonna get it at any price. Sorry about that. I appreciate you not bidding me up any higher.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 06:57 PM

What we reached was high enough!! Glad it went to a Heroscaper!!
Old April 3rd, 2019, 09:08 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
What we reached was high enough!! Glad it went to a Heroscaper!!
Thanks man. I actually had $100 on them. I had to sell them a few years ago during a tight finantial time. Now I just want to get all my C3V stuff back. I hope no one is after other C3V / AT-43 stuff on ebay. I have really high dollar on others too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs