Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 22nd, 2015, 05:35 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Judge Mortis - Brainstorming

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
It was a ruling from @Grungebob quite some time ago, but of course it might not relate to this context.
Are you talking about that this post in regards to Peloth's Special Attack? Not really the same thing as 'anything that uses attack dice is an attack', it seemed more like he was saying that you can't use attack dice except in an attack. Considering the official game almost immediately went against what he said there with the Frost Giant, I wouldn't take much from that 'ruling'.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 23rd, 2015, 12:21 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

So let me make sure I understand the situation.
Since I was told during the Judge Death LD that Death Never Dies had to be worded "attacks and destroys" and not simply "destroys" because that was not acceptable but apparently is because an OL Construct has a power worded like that and since I was told that attack dice = attack but apparently does not, Decaying Touch has been painted into a proverbial special attack corner?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 23rd, 2015, 12:35 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

It's a tangled mess is what it is, which is why I was thinking it should be a normal attack enhancement. It really seems like the cleanest way to go about it.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 12:40 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Which means a static attack power is out of the question.

- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; March 23rd, 2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 01:56 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
So let me make sure I understand the situation.
Since I was told during the Judge Death LD that Death Never Dies had to be worded "attacks and destroys" and not simply "destroys" because that was not acceptable but apparently is because an OL Construct has a power worded like that and since I was told that attack dice = attack but apparently does not, Decaying Touch has been painted into a proverbial special attack corner?
That seems to be the case I am a little confused as to why 'destroys' was such a no-no for Death but fine for the OCs, did everyone just forget about the issue or something?

You could give Mortis something akin to Red Arrow's Speed Shot if you wanted to keep decaying during other turns though. Attacking outside a turn is apparently ok in C3G.

Forgive me if I'm not allowed to post power suggestions, but something like this:

After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of another Undead Unique Hero you control and moving that Unique Hero, before attacking with that Unique Hero, if Judge Mortis is engaged, he may immediately attack an opponent's figure with his normal attack.

That gets you to were it still triggers outside his turn (you could open it up to any OM reveal, but I thought the Undead limit helped tie him into his faction better and kept the power from being too crazy), while also working with Judge Death. Then you can just add a 'decaying' mechanic to the end, or as a separate power.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 23rd, 2015, 02:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
It's a tangled mess is what it is, which is why I was thinking it should be a normal attack enhancement. It really seems like the cleanest way to go about it.
So something like this then?

DECAYING TOUCH
When Judge Mortis makes a normal attack, if a skull is rolled on every die that figure may not roll any defense die.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 03:40 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

That would be fine with me, granted I wouldn't be opposed to changing Death Never Dies to match the OCs either.
Old March 24th, 2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
That would be fine with me, granted I wouldn't be opposed to changing Death Never Dies to match the OCs either.
This would be my choice.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 24th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
This would be my choice.
I personally don't want to see us change Judge Death like that; if we're making any changes, I'd much prefer we change the Orange Construct to use Judge Death's "attack" wording (the current wording for their power has some messy interactions).

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 24th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Quote:
This would be my choice.
I personally don't want to see us change Judge Death like that; if we're making any changes, I'd much prefer we change the Orange Construct to use Judge Death's "attack" wording (the current wording for their power has some messy interactions).
I'd be good with this as well and definitely think they should match.
Old March 25th, 2015, 10:27 AM

So Mortis is still stuck.
If anyone has any suggestions let me know because I got nothing.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 25th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
So Mortis is still stuck.
If anyone has any suggestions let me know because I got nothing.
Well, it depends on what exactly you're looking for outside of it being able to activate Death's ability. If you wanted to keep it passive, you could borrow from what Soundwarp suggested and do:

Quote:
UNDEAD TEAM-UP
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of another Undead Unique Hero you control and moving that Unique Hero, before attacking with that Unique Hero, if Judge Mortis is engaged, he may immediately attack an opponent's figure with his normal attack.
If you weren't interested in doing it passively (or if you wanted to add another power to combine with the one above), there are all sorts of fun effects you can tack on to a normal attack:

Quote:
DECAYING TOUCH
When Judge Mortis attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, if you roll a skull on every die, the defending figure immediately receives one unblockable wound before rolling defense dice, or two unblockable wounds if it is a destructible object.
Quote:
DECAYING TOUCH
When Judge Mortis attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, if you roll a skull on every die, the defending figure cannot roll any defense dice.
Quote:
DECAYING TOUCH
When Judge Mortis attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, before any defense dice are rolled, if you rolled as many skulls as the defending figure's remaining Life number, destroy the defending figure.
Quote:
DECAYING TOUCH
When Judge Mortis attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, for each blank rolled, the defending figure immediately receives one unblockable wound before rolling defense dice.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library