Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 24th, 2011, 12:12 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Doctor Octopus - Designing

My only concern is that this guy really has four attacks of four regular potential and just like Blob, once he's got you there, he has four attacks of four until one of you is dead. And unless you're very lucky, it won't be Doc Ock. Four attacks of two should be considered. Squad scape has proven that even a lot of low attacks will net wounds (ala Flash too) so a start of four attacks of two with four attacks of three on his own potentially would be good.
Alternatively, I could see his life going down to 4. This guy is a nerdy wuss with really powerful mechanical arms. If you can get through that defense he should be easy to take down, but that's a big IF.

EDIT: Actually, I really think this is the way to go. And after double-checking the tests, it wouldn't really change any of the outcomes. (except two Heavy Hitter tests)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee

Last edited by Spidey'tilIDie; May 24th, 2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old May 24th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I guess my question would be - if he's coming in at 240-250 (which he seems to be), is that, in your mind, too powerful for Doc Ock? I feel like it's workable, especially with Green Goblin at 230, and the new Spidey likely to top 200.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 24th, 2011, 01:21 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Well, maybe its just me, but I feel none of Spidey's rogues gallery should be able to beat him more than he beats them. Cost would show that Doc Ock could. I mean Spidey really only gets it handed to him when he fights the Sinister Six (1200 points versus 240, go figure!) I feel they should each have a detriment built in, so that Spidey has a real chance against them and I see this one tweak as the way to go. Spidey no longer has Range, a Special Attack, or the ability to attack more than once. How does he beat a guy who basically negates all his powers? (Doc Ock, Cyberclaw) My answer would be that the opponent needs to have a glass jaw.
-Spidey, trying desperately to NOT stir up problems by finding a tweak that does not require retesting at this point

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old May 24th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I am some what flexible on what Spidey is asking for. If more of us were interested in dropping his life to 4, I would be OK with him being tested at that - but that would it.

Should he be Human or Mutate?
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:23 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm. That's a really good point. Even with the revamped Spidey on the way, it's likely that this guy owns that Spidey, which probably isn't what we ultimately want. A slight lowering of power seems in order, and I'd agree that life of 4 might just do the trick.
I'd love to see what the initial playtester has to say, though, before solidly jumping on either side of the fence.

Edit: And after that put me down in favor of 4 life.

Edit 2: Totally a Mutate, right? I mean, he was bitten by a radioactive Spider and developed super powers ...

Old May 24th, 2011, 01:24 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Well, maybe its just me, but I feel none of Spidey's rogues gallery should be able to beat him more than he beats them. Cost would show that Doc Ock could. I mean Spidey really only gets it handed to him when he fights the Sinister Six (1200 points versus 240, go figure!) I feel they should each have a detriment built in, so that Spidey has a real chance against them and I see this one tweak as the way to go. Spidey no longer has Range, a Special Attack, or the ability to attack more than once. How does he beat a guy who basically negates all his powers? (Doc Ock, Cyberclaw) My answer would be that the opponent needs to have a glass jaw.
-Spidey, trying desperately to NOT stir up problems by finding a tweak that does not require retesting at this point
Spidey's Spider Sense gives him the "Blob" factor that allows him to compete with any Hero out of his point range. Spider Man could go toe to toe with Doc Ock and win, if he is lucky/tricky enough in a game.
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

Edit 2: Totally a Mutate, right? I mean, he was bitten by a radioactive Spider and developed super powers ...
Wrong guy.
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:27 AM

Lowering his Spidey-Sense to 9 is a pretty brutal change ... but hitting that 9 doesn't end Doc Ock's turn or anything, so Doc Ock, once he engages Spidey (which he will), will still get four shots at Spidey every turn. Spidey will fail there often enough that I think Doc Ock will have a definite edge in the match up.

Old May 24th, 2011, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:

Wrong guy.
:doh: I've got spiders on the brain. Explains all those cobwebs ...

Old May 24th, 2011, 01:30 AM
C3G's First Fan

Definite Mutate. The accident that bonded him telepathically to his "arms" was permanent. Even when they were removed form his body he could still contact them. Interestingly enough, he now only has use of his "arms" but he now has eight of them (his arms and legs no longer function). He has Cancer.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old May 24th, 2011, 01:32 AM

Plus he got bit by a radioactive Octopus ...

Old May 24th, 2011, 01:34 AM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Plus he got bit by a radioactive Octopus ...
You are SOOO lucky I like you! That was almost neg-rep worthy!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library