Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: May 2017 Custom Unit Competition
#1 - Greater Lava Elemental 2 11.11%
#2 - Greater Fire Elemental 6 33.33%
#3 - Swamp Elemental 2 11.11%
#4 - Uisollpheist 0 0%
#5 - Empress Geoton 0 0%
#6 - Greater Mercury Elemental 7 38.89%
#7 - Greater Metal Elemental 6 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 2nd, 2017, 03:32 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: May Custom Competition Voting Poll (closes may 31st)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Not my favorite one, but congratulations either way.
I agree. I was kinda surprised because I didn't feel it was put together as well as some of the others. It seemed kinda out of place rather than unique and fitting. But as they say "C'est la vie"

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 2nd, 2017, 03:38 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thread updated. I apologize for the delays, due to an emergency the final results post was late. I will be posting a follow-up thread soon to get everyone's feedback on this format and our next contest will be in the hands of the infamous Dr.Goomonkey!

Feedback thread here

Last edited by chief; June 2nd, 2017 at 04:08 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 03:59 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
I agree. I was kinda surprised because I didn't feel it was put together as well as some of the others. It seemed kinda out of place rather than unique and fitting. But as they say "C'est la vie"
I would love for you guys to read this and let me know what you think!

Last edited by chief; June 2nd, 2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 06:55 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
I would love for you guys to read this and let me know what you think!
I'm sorry Chief, I think you misunderstood...the contest was just fine, in my comment I was referring to the Greater Mercury Elemental that won the contest.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 3rd, 2017, 11:48 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: May Custom Competition: Winner Announced!

Congratulations to the Greater Mercury Elemental! A deserving winner, and, in all honesty, the one to garner my vote. A really interesting concept for an elemental - not one I'd have thought of, but it works brilliantly!

Oh, btw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
They are all really well thought out, and all have excellent flavor. In the end, it was a tough choice between Greater Metal Elemental (would like to see "metal" replaced with "iron", but that's just me) and Greater Fire Elemental, and I went with the one that I'm more likely to play - Greater Fire Elemental gets my vote!
Just wanted to reply to this, but since the designs were meant to be kept anonymous during voting, I couldn't until now - I designed the Greater Metal Elemental, and I specifically made it a Metal Elemental since I was basing it on the
Five Chinese Elements Five Chinese Elements
. Just thought that you might be interested, since you were thinking it might have been better as an Iron Elemental.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 3rd, 2017, 12:59 PM

#7 by LazyOrang updated with his unique creative process!
Old June 3rd, 2017, 01:01 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
#7 by Lazy Orang updated with her unique creative process!
Fixed.

Also, it's missing an I at the beginning, which makes it look like I missed a capital letter - do you think you might be able to tweak that?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; June 3rd, 2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 06:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Congratulations to the Greater Mercury Elemental! A deserving winner, and, in all honesty, the one to garner my vote. A really interesting concept for an elemental - not one I'd have thought of, but it works brilliantly!

Oh, btw:

Quote:
They are all really well thought out, and all have excellent flavor. In the end, it was a tough choice between Greater Metal Elemental (would like to see "metal" replaced with "iron", but that's just me) and Greater Fire Elemental, and I went with the one that I'm more likely to play - Greater Fire Elemental gets my vote!
Just wanted to reply to this, but since the designs were meant to be kept anonymous during voting, I couldn't until now - I designed the Greater Metal Elemental, and I specifically made it a Metal Elemental since I was basing it on the
. Just thought that you might be interested, since you were thinking it might have been better as an Iron Elemental.
Great job on your custom. It got my vote. I especially loved the thematic element of your richochet power.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 4th, 2017, 06:33 PM

Sam knows what's in an order marker Sam knows what's in an order marker

Cheers LazyOrang! As TREX said, Ricochet is a great power, makes your design super interesting.

My design was the Greater Mercury Elemental, and I jotted down a few thoughts about how and why I put it together the way I did over on my customs thread. I'll link to that post here.

Thanks for running the contest, chief!
Old June 4th, 2017, 07:02 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post

Oh, btw:

Quote:
Hey, that's awesome! An explanation of a theme or character goes a long way, and I redact my (minor) suggestion

Sweet unit! I'm bummed I could only vote once.
Old June 5th, 2017, 12:37 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

BTW, mine was the Swamp Elemental. I also made a 95% the same card as a Greater Water Elemental.
I do love synergy as a tool to improve usefulness of underused units, and I meant my comments above on everyone else's entry. The only thing I was unsure of on my own entry was the right-bar stats and pricing - I wanted to keep it cheap - under 125, but I knew it would take cheap units like the Marro Drudge and make them a lot more valuable, which means I had to pear down the stats of the elemental in order for the cost to make it a B+/A- unit.

FYI, the suggested D&D Elemental Evil #20 Water Elemental is near impossible to purchase, but Heroclix DC War of the Light #53 Swamp Thing you can easily get for $6-7, so this is the main reason I used the Swamp elemental, but maybe more people would have voted for the Greater Water Elemental just due to theme. The other reason I did a Swamp Elemental, as I wanted to recreate the Swamp Monster (who was actually just a Water Bender) from Avatar, but I really wish there was a larger figure that looked like it:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards