Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old August 1st, 2016, 04:20 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Yes, about that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
I had originally (aka, when the prompt came out) been thinking I would write some heart-wrenching story sure to elicit tears from even the most unflinching of readers. That effort quickly died off due to the fact that it is incredibly hard to build up enough sympathy without an entire novel-length of backstory and preparation (for most of us anyway, I'm sure TAF could do it ).
True that. The word limit and reader expectations made this one extremely challenging. I even had to only submit the first half of my story because it was too much to fit into 5000 words. Of course, I figured it wouldn't matter because I was the only entry... (dammit Crixus... )

Quote:
~TGRF, eager to see TAF win... er, I mean, to see the judging.
We'll see how Dysole likes my entry, it's hard to say. Honestly I'm willing to take the hit if it means getting the contest back on.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 3rd, 2016, 01:53 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Yes, about that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Of course, I figured it wouldn't matter because I was the only entry... (dammit Crixus... )
The best laid plans...

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old August 4th, 2016, 01:41 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

What's the word @Crixus33 ?

~TGRF.
Old August 13th, 2016, 02:31 AM

Hamadraith is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Current Prompt

So I'm interested in trying my hand at fan fiction. What's the current prompt?
Old August 13th, 2016, 04:21 AM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
A new challenger approaches...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamadraith View Post
So I'm interested in trying my hand at fan fiction. What's the current prompt?
O.o A new contender!? Er, well first of all welcome to Heroscapers, nice to meet ya The current prompt is below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Code:
Make me cry
Limit: 5036. Kudos if you know why I chose that number.

~Dysole, leaving it pretty open ended
It's been there for a while now, so if you're interested feel free to join and take your time writing an entry. Just keep in mind that your story can't exceed 5036 words.

~TAF

Old August 13th, 2016, 10:27 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't know what happened to Crixus33. I was all set to get this resolved on Wednesday, but he appears to have dropped off the face of the earth. Ah well. Less competition.

~TGRF.
Old August 13th, 2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I don't know what happened to Crixus33. I was all set to get this resolved on Wednesday, but he appears to have dropped off the face of the earth. Ah well. Less competition.

~TGRF.
Well to be fair he didn't say which Wednesday he'd have it done by

~TAF

Old August 28th, 2016, 04:12 PM

Waxing Nostalgia

Do you think Crixus33 just said he was working on something just to screw with us? He's probably off somewhere sipping wine and laughing at our expense.
Spoiler Alert!

Seriously though, we're a few weeks past the six-month anniversary of this particular Prompt. Although I'd hate to call it and then have Crixus33 show up with a story, I must admit that if we don't hear from him soon we should probably forfeit his entry-to-be. Maybe I'm just being impatient. Idunno, thoughts?

~TAF, who may try to write a non-Contest story in the near future. Stay tuned, maybe.

Old August 28th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 28th, 2016, 07:29 PM

Re: Waxing Nostalgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Do you think Crixus33 just said he was working on something just to screw with us? He's probably off somewhere sipping wine and laughing at our expense.
Spoiler Alert!

Seriously though, we're a few weeks past the six-month anniversary of this particular Prompt. Although I'd hate to call it and then have Crixus33 show up with a story, I must admit that if we don't hear from him soon we should probably forfeit his entry-to-be. Maybe I'm just being impatient. Idunno, thoughts?

~TAF, who may try to write a non-Contest story in the near future. Stay tuned, maybe.
I'm good with moving on. My decision certainly isn't swayed by the fact that I have an 'entry' or anything.

Really though, I'll make a rule for this. If the individual extending things isn't heard from in any way for a week, we proceed.

~TGRF.
Old August 28th, 2016, 07:45 PM

Rules Update (and revisions)

Quote:
The automatic due date is one month after the prompt is issued. (For example, if a prompt is issued on the 20, the due date becomes the 20 of the next month.)
Reason:
Spoiler Alert!

If there are no entries by the due date, the judge will wait until there is at least one, and then judge. That entry will win by default.
Reason:
Spoiler Alert!

Any writer can request an extension, but they may only do so:
  • Twice.
  • Because they are working on an entry, or plan to in the near future.
  • If they have (and present) an alternate due date, no more than two weeks over the current due date.
  • Because they are speaking for someone who is incapable of requesting an extension. This counts as an extension for the person being spoken for, not the person doing the speaking (for the purposes of the first bullet).
Spoiler Alert!

The judge reserves the right to deny extensions, at his own peril discretion.
Spoiler Alert!

If the individual who requested an extension is not heard from in any way for a week, his request will be ignored. If the time limit is up, the contest will proceed without him.
Spoiler Alert!
~TGRF.
Old August 28th, 2016, 07:50 PM

That works. I believe Crixus' last post about finishing his story was at the end of last month, so I'm thinking that if there's still nothing at the beginning of September we should go ahead with the judging. If he shows up at the last second maybe Dysole will add him in or something if his story is a real winner compared to ours, Idunno.

I also don't know about the new guy, he expressed interest once but never said he was working on something or if he was interested in the prompt so I've no idea if we should wait for him either.

At any rate I made my story because I had an idea but mostly to get the contest moving again. That was well over a month ago, so...

~TAF

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction