Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old April 9th, 2007, 11:42 PM

D'Hoffryn has disabled reputation
Master Set "Officially" Replaced by Swarm of the M

I don't know if this is widely known yet, but I was looking at Sandra's site and noted how the Swarm of the Marrow description sounded like it was replacing the master set. I asked Sandra and she promptly replied with this message:

Thank you for shopping HOUSE MOUSE. Actually, you are the 1st person to ask this question, and yes, that is “official” from Hasbro. It might serve you well to pick up some more master sets, not only for the terrain but for the figures, since these will no longer be available once the Swarm of the Marro set is introduced. I’m sure there will be lots of future new players who will want the original figures once they are no longer available. Personally, I’ll be stocking up on the original sets before the changeover.
Sandra www.HouseMouseGames.com

I'll likely hit Target on the way home from work tomorrow and grab a couple MS while the $24.99 sale holds out. It never hurts to have more terrain and extra original figures. The two new sets seem to less terrain than the original. I wonder what the original MS will sell for on Ebay a year or two from now?

www.classicminiatures.net - casting for the love of old miniatures, especially Heritage
Old April 10th, 2007, 01:47 AM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I currently have 12 Wal-Mart EOV Master Sets in my basement. I paid $30 each for the first six and $20 each for the other six. I wonder how long I should wait to ebay them . . . .
Old April 10th, 2007, 02:02 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Don't E-Pay them.E-Pay sucks. It's evil for HeroScapers. It's sad to hear that their fazing out ROTV. I was worried about this.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old April 10th, 2007, 02:05 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Whoa. From the mouse's mouth. Interesting, and strange.

I wonder if ROTV will still be available from the hasbrotoyshop...
Old April 10th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
That is really bad news. All of those great heroes will no longer be available...
Old April 10th, 2007, 02:50 AM

grizz Woo who?
I'm happy I now have 3 but I may pick up one or two more. I know of one or two places I may still be able to get the sparkly water MS from.

Old April 10th, 2007, 03:21 AM

West of House has disabled reputation
Out of curiousity, since people are now in a rush to stock up on the Master Sets. How many of the master sets do people find is a real sweet spot? I have two, I know people with as many as 10!
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:25 AM

thehandofzarquon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of House
Out of curiousity, since people are now in a rush to stock up on the Master Sets. How many of the master sets do people find is a real sweet spot? I have two, I know people with as many as 10!
That really depends on your playing style, I suppose.

I find that maps using more than 3 master sets are too big and can be a bore to play on since it can be a long time before anything really happens. Heroscape really isn't suited to being more than a skirmish game, imho.

That said, I have 5 sets, so that I can have more than one board set up at once.

As for ROTV being replaced, I cannot believe people really didn't expect this. Heroscape is a mass-market game, after all. Many stores I've gone to have the master set and maybe a place for the large or small expansions. Where in the world would the new sets (including Marvelscape) be placed otherwise?

Still, I have a feeling that ROTV may still be available on the Hasbro online store...

Glory to the Many.
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:44 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
from produktionway it is very clever , they will see the rest of the orginal ms set a long time too , + if they are out you can find it 100% on ebay.

the new set is smaler so you need more than one, some new heros, and maybe alle marros are commons so you need more than one set.
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:49 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have three sets, and I'm not buying any more, even as investment to sell if the prices go up. I think that's a little cheesy. When I bought comics, I read every one I bought, and never gave a rat's butt if they were going to be worth anything.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old April 10th, 2007, 04:36 AM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
No more ROTV MS? That would explain why they are even being phased out in our Argos stores in good ole' Blighty...
Old April 10th, 2007, 04:45 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I think any less than 16 master sets is not enough. And even then I get to wishing I just had a few more

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News