Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 16th, 2009, 08:55 AM

SirSlayton68 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Can we improve on the original units?

I have talked with a few people and some have expressed the idea that the origianl units could use a bit of tweeking. for example 10 seems to be the dominating number for most stats, should it be 20? or higher even? let me know what you guys think.

here is a link to some of my customs.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19163
Old July 16th, 2009, 09:51 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Can we improve on the original units?

For home rules, you can do anything that you want so long as both players agree. For example, I would prefer that Tough for the Gorillinators would work for normal and special attacks. Just don't try to use a changed unit for a competition.
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:01 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSlayton68 View Post
I have talked with a few people and some have expressed the idea that the origianl units could use a bit of tweeking. for example 10 seems to be the dominating number for most stats, should it be 20? or higher even? let me know what you guys think.

This has been discussed various times before especially when it comes to questions regarding someone being over costed like Taelord or Spartacus or undercosted like Raelin.

What exactly do you mean by 10 being the dominating number?
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
For home rules, you can do anything that you want so long as both players agree. For example, I would prefer that Tough for the Gorillinators would work for normal and special attacks. Just don't try to use a changed unit for a competition.
I agree with that, I am focusing more on home play than tourney play. I can respect the rules when it involves people outside of your own personal circle, but the people I know think that with the amount of possiblities out there for units and for customs that a little rule tweeking could be good.
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I thnk he means that stats range from 0-9.

~Aldin, pointedly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:

This has been discussed various times before especially when it comes to questions regarding someone being over costed like Taelord or Spartacus or undercosted like Raelin.

It seems to me and the people I have talked with thatlife is not higher than 10, and neither is move, range, def, or attack

"Stress is when you wake up screaming... Only to realize you haven't fallen asleep yet"
SirSlaytons's Customs

Old July 16th, 2009, 10:17 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:

It seems to me and the people I have talked with thatlife is not higher than 10, and neither is move, range, def, or attack
Anything higher than that would make the units way too powerful. I can only see a movement or range over 9 being useful (or fair) on extremely large maps.
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:18 AM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

I think he means 10 is the maximum value that any normal attribute may take (e.g., DED's 10 Range).

To answer the original question, no, I don't think any stat value should rise above 10 because it would ruin the balance of the game. Many units with only 2 attack would almost never be able to damage a unit with over 10 defense dice, for example.

I've been working on a massive number of tweaks to the original units in an attempt to bring all units between A- and B- (relative to the original power rankings). I realize that there could never be a consensus on what changes are best, and many people will prefer that the game never deviate from the original design at all.

My personal preference and my friends' preference is to make more units more similar to each other in overall power to even the playing field and increase the number of units that are able to be drafted in a competitive setting. I will post these tweaked cards in the coming days as an example of what sorts of changes might accomplish the goal of making as many units equally competitive as possible, the caveat being that the changes I make are only what my friends and I believe will be balanced and fun in our own home games.
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:22 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Anything higher than that would make the units way too powerful. I can only see a movement or range over 9 being useful (or fair) on extremely large maps.
I was contemplating a non flying custom with a high move for maps with a ton of elevation changes being able to use the power if it moved no more than two spaces or so on the same level.
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I think he means 10 is the maximum value that any normal attribute may take (e.g., DED's 10 Range).

To answer the original question, no, I don't think any stat value should rise above 10 because it would ruin the balance of the game. Many units with only 2 attack would almost never be able to damage a unit with over 10 defense dice, for example.

I've been working on a massive number of tweaks to the original units in an attempt to bring all units between A- and B- (relative to the original power rankings). I realize that there could never be a consensus on what changes are best, and many people will prefer that the game never deviate from the original design at all.

My personal preference and my friends' preference is to make more units more similar to each other in overall power to even the playing field and increase the number of units that are able to be drafted in a competitive setting. I will post these tweaked cards in the coming days as an example of what sorts of changes might accomplish the goal of making as many units equally competitive as possible, the caveat being that the changes I make are only what my friends and I believe will be balanced and fun in our own home games.
Thank you for your post. I can agree to that, but that in mind how do we explain Silver Surfer's life being anywhere near a unit like Sgt Drake Alexander?

"Stress is when you wake up screaming... Only to realize you haven't fallen asleep yet"
SirSlaytons's Customs

Old July 16th, 2009, 10:33 AM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Thank you for your post. I can agree to that, but that in mind how do we explain Silver Surfer's life being anywhere near a unit like Sgt Drake Alexander?
Do you mean how we explain that from a thematic standpoint? I know nothing about Marvel lore - is Silver Surfer supposed to be incredibly tough or something, much more than a normal human such as Drake?
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
Quote:
Do you mean how we explain that from a thematic standpoint? I know nothing about Marvel lore - is Silver Surfer supposed to be incredibly tough or something, much more than a normal human such as Drake?
Silver Surfer has near god-like power and unless he loses his Power Cosmic I have serious doubts that he could ever be killed without something along the line of a thousand suns exploding on him. Anyone have another opinion on that?

SirSlaytons's Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards