Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 10th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
A Loser's Guide to Winning Tournaments

A LOSERS GUIDE TO WINNING TOURNAMENTS
-or-
8 helpful steps to becoming a complete bastard of an opponent.

If you've been playing in tournaments but haven't yet been able to pull out a win, here are some quick and easy tips to help you make it to the top!

1 Every die roll could have been better.
You expect more from your dice and your opponents must know it! No roll is strong enough. Grumble at your dice, and curse your own luck, even in victory!

2 Make sure they show you every single die roll.
Sure your opponent may say they didn't defend against those three skulls, but why should you believe them? Make your opponent know you'll believe your own eyes, thank you.

3 It's all in the eyes.

To succeed on the battlefield, you must first conquer your opponent's spirit. Glare at your opponent. Make them uncomfortable. Divert their attention from the action, because...

4 If your opponent doesn't notice it, it's not your problem.

Sure you broke engagement and then jumped off a cliff, but who's responsibility is it to keep track of that? If your opponent isn't paying attention, then it's not your fault if you forget to roll for disengagement, or falling damage, or that special attacks receive no bonuses...

5 Make the rules work for YOU.
Rules lawyering is not against the rules. At least, the practice isn't specifically mentioned in the rules, so it's fair game! Because remember, when it comes to arguments about rules...

6 The D20 is your friend.

If you can't agree on a rules argument, it's decided by a 20d roll. You have a 50% chance of winning any of those die rolls, which is always better odds than simply giving in! Take the debate to the die roll whenever you can.

7 No one has a right to touch your figures. Ever!

It says it right there in the rules. Sure your figure may have been bumped between spaces, or is presently sitting halfway off a cliff, but it doesn't matter. If an opponent touches your figure, then they're cheating, and they should be above that sort of thing! On the other hand, YOU want to win, right?

8 Cheat!

Yeah, hell with it! Just cheat!

I hope these steps can bring you closer to victory at your next heroscape tournament!

-E

(Parody)

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old August 10th, 2008, 04:07 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: A Loser's Guide to Winning Tournaments

My name is CheddarLimbo and I approve this message.

Old August 10th, 2008, 04:38 PM

Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker

To add on to this, make sure your opponent's dice go off the table whenever possible.
Great post!

Bloody the Marro Stinger is the Chimeran Ravager in the....
KEEP OF THE NECRONOMICON
Old August 10th, 2008, 04:47 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Disclaimer: The OP has never won a tournament in his life.
Old August 10th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker

so true!

...still got that woo though.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old August 10th, 2008, 04:52 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels View Post
so true!

...still got that woo though.
Thats cause the guy in front of you took the Nakitas pack...
Old August 10th, 2008, 05:07 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Why don't the losers just bring Major Q9, Raelin, Krav Maga, 4th Mass, and Deathreavers?

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old August 10th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

LMAO!!

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 10th, 2008, 05:55 PM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

: That was 'Frickin hilarious'. I wish I could give more than just one rep hit. I will have to use my rep up quick so it will be hard to forget to give you more.
Old August 10th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I reserve the right to slap any guys that do any of this at GenCon.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 10th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation

if you're losing all the time anyway, draft an army with improbable chances of success. Runa, Deathwalker 7K, and Dund, or something like that. That way, if you lose yet again, it's clearly the fault of the army and not through any lack of strategic thinking on your part. But if you win, you'll be considering a Heroscape genius. if you've got nothing left to lose, might as well up the stakes....

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky

Last edited by Karkadinn; August 10th, 2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old August 10th, 2008, 07:04 PM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Hilarious!
I did my fair share of rule #1 yesterday against Gulp.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion