Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 4th, 2008, 11:01 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
NEW Trial of Tribal Berserkers by Barbell Hero: Closed

Old thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...639#post550639

Each Trial will last ONE WEEK. This one will end Monday 08/11/08.

ANYONE can comment, critique, test, or approve. But it must all be constructive, you can't just come in with an "I approve" and disappear.

Once the custom has been significantly tested and has gotten THREE approvals, the thread will be converted to a BOOK.

A new Trial for a new custom will be started about every 3 days.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; August 13th, 2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old August 4th, 2008, 11:52 AM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker
Re: NEW Trial of Tribal Berserkers by Barbell Hero

I approve. 1 life would have made them UP'd, and 4 life OP'd. I really like how the Blood Brothers ability makes it just right. But, why 115 points? If it was 120, it wouldn't be so annoying, but I guess that isn't a big problem. But still, I very much approve.

Against overwhelming squad numbers they didn't do AMAZING just rushing in, but they eliminated just about their numbers worth, or sometimes more. I really like the fluid-ness of this card.

And it's defenitly NOT OP'd.

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.

Last edited by wk4c; August 4th, 2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Its not OP'd, mister editor, it's not. :P
Old August 4th, 2008, 11:55 AM

cycoduck is surprisingly tart

I don't know, seems a little underpriced.
You have an opportunity to move in with both, attack with both for a 4 x 6, then get a 20% to do another 4 x 3 (I'm assuming, since they are now adjacent to the figure, that they lose the bonus for Rampage). Add to that the 4 life for a squad, and you have a powerhouse. I'll try it out, but, it just feels underpriced.

Old August 4th, 2008, 12:11 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

What a crazy card--4 specials, but I think it may work...I'll play test them this morning...I believe I have the same figures too.

Pkay, I did three quick play tests at 200 points armies:

Marcus + 2 x Romans = 200 vs. Tribal Borthers + 2 x Blade Gruts = 195

I tried 3 different apporaches with the Orc army for the play test:
1) I ran with the blade gruts for the first round, which left the Tribbal Brothers for last. The tribal brothers destroyed 2 Romans and put 5 hits on Marcus before they were destroyed.

2) I went with Tribal Brothers first, they destroyed Marcus and 2 Romans before they were destroyed.

3) A mixed approach, they destroyed 3 Romans and put 4 wounds on Marcus.

So 115 may be a well adjusted cost. 110 may seem nice without any Auras--especially defense that may keep them in the game for a couple of more turns.
120 may work well when considereing aura a glyph modification and the games when the Frenzy rolls are in your controlling players favor, but 115 worked well in a dry run.

As for the wording on the special abilities, Blood Brothers is the only one I would like changed to match more with the official cards. This is the wording I thought of:
Tribal Brothers share life points; when they receive a total of 4 Wound Markers, both figures are destroyed.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; August 4th, 2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old August 4th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation

Their offensive abilities have a great deal of synergy. While not necessarily unbalanced once priced correctly, I think more people would be accepting of them if their abilities weren't so offensively strong. Toning down Rampage and toning down the draft cost in turn seems to me a more workable solution than trying to figure out the right price for something with that much raw attack dice potential.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old August 4th, 2008, 06:31 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycoduck View Post
I don't know, seems a little underpriced.
You have an opportunity to move in with both, attack with both for a 4 x 6, then get a 20% to do another 4 x 3 (I'm assuming, since they are now adjacent to the figure, that they lose the bonus for Rampage). Add to that the 4 life for a squad, and you have a powerhouse. I'll try it out, but, it just feels underpriced.
Or another 4 attacks of 6 if they move onto a different unit(s) after killing whatever they had attacked before...I agree, that seems overpowered. Unfortunately I won't have a chance to playtest it, so I won't be able to say for sure. Maybe Frenzy could be changed to Beserker Charge.
Old August 4th, 2008, 06:59 PM

cycoduck is surprisingly tart

I just realized an error I made, they actually have a 25% chance of succeeding for frenzy, not my erroneous 20%. Still seems underpriced or overpowered (depends on how you look at it, half-full/half-empty)

Old August 4th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm really of the mind set that Frenzy is an ability that should not be given to any hero or squad very often. When it is that should be about the only ability it has. I think I've seen too many customs with the Frenzy ability, it's overused a lot!

I'm looking at the first strike potential of this squad being rather devastating. They could potentially take out a unique hero worth twice their cost. I think that is the thing to look at for the most part. Instead of squad testing, throw them at unique heroes and see how they do. I am going to guess that against squads they may not fare as well if they can't frenzy. However if they can they will probably rip apart the average squad even. Also put them into full 500 point games with synergy, as Orc Warriors they could get some harsh boosts that make them too strong for their cost.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 4th, 2008, 09:31 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
I'm really of the mind set that Frenzy is an ability that should not be given to any hero or squad very often. When it is that should be about the only ability it has. I think I've seen too many customs with the Frenzy ability, it's overused a lot!

I'm looking at the first strike potential of this squad being rather devastating. They could potentially take out a unique hero worth twice their cost. I think that is the thing to look at for the most part. Instead of squad testing, throw them at unique heroes and see how they do. I am going to guess that against squads they may not fare as well if they can't frenzy. However if they can they will probably rip apart the average squad even. Also put them into full 500 point games with synergy, as Orc Warriors they could get some harsh boosts that make them too strong for their cost.

R~
I agree, in a larger orc army we would see their cost eve at 120, becoming too cheap. Perhaps dropping either their base attack or the first strike ability by 1 or 2 dice.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:04 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Good insight so far, guys. I would suggest just dropping Frenzy for now and seeing how they do. Double attack gives them more than enough offensive power. Then go from there if they still need tweaking.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 4th, 2008, 11:14 PM

yari commander Woo who?

I think these guys are in no way overpowered because the two times i played them they got killed by Q9 then they got killed by the fourth mass. They just die really easy so i think it offsets their offensive prowess.

Like a great predatory piano, I sit silent in the darkness. Until it is time to attack and then I strike in a cacophony of violence and ivory keys.
Click it please
Old August 5th, 2008, 12:05 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Indeed a good card. I played a little bit with them and got good results. Their good enough to clear out some bulk but weak enough to not be power houses. Balancing is an ace in this one. Only thing that might be a concern is the point cost. I think possibly 5 points high would help flush out their armies better. I already know that this gets my approval.

(OK after more play test I have changed my opinion, at least 10 to 15 more points. Or lower life. Then approval might be granted)

Last edited by chief; August 5th, 2008 at 02:16 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards