Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old November 4th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
Tampa Area Game Day - Nov 24th

I've had a few responses to my post in the Florida Organization Thread ( http://www.heroscapers.com/community...4343&start=150 , 2nd from bottom ). So I have decided to put it out there to host a GAME DAY at my apartment on November 17th. I plan on starting things off around 1:00 pm and let it run until people decide to leave.

As I said this will not be a tournament, just a chance to meet and play other scapers. There is no set format or specifics planned. I see this as a "free range" type of thing. I'll set up the maps (and change them as necessary) and have some munchies (alcohol WILL NOT be provided). I haven't planned on any specific maps. When I play with friends/family I tend to make maps on the fly. I have a fairly comprehensive selection of Units, but people are welcome to bring their own.

So, If you are interested post here, AND PM ME. This way I can judge the number of people and easily provide you with directions and contact information.

Buddy Lee

UPDATED INFORMATION :

Alright, we have a go for mission launch.

Time: 1:00 pm (Earlier if people start showing up. I plan on setting up at least one map on Friday) Saturday the 24th of November 2007

Location: Buddy Lee's St. Petersburg Apartment (Directions will be provided to all confirmed attendees No Later Than Midnight Wednesday the 21st of November 2007)

Event Format: A minimum of three maps will be set up. Right now there are no chosen maps, but they can be based upon the groups decision. Armies will be chosen by draft (or players choice as long as every player agrees). The whole point of this is to HAVE FUN. Toward that end the maximum amount of latitude in game play will be allowed. Maps may change, and as long as all players in the game agree pretty much anything goes. I should have extra terrain available if people want to set up new or change existing maps. I also have a fair amount of official units. Custom units are welcome, but please try to use playtested units.

Confirmed Attendees:
Kenntack
Hendal
Vydar
Necroblade

Oh, and ME (People are gonna have a bit of a problem getting in if I ain't there.)

Minors are welcome, but they need to be accompanied by a responsible adult, preferrably a blood relative (Father or Uncle). If any twelve year old boys start showing up out of the blue with no adults in tow then don't be surprised if I contact the Police or Child Protective Services. Quite frankly any parent that would allow a young child to come alone to an adult male's apartment seriously needs to be investigated.

Food and refreshments: I'll have chips, cookies, soda (primarily Mt. Dew available, but people are welcome to bring whatever they want. NO ALCOHOL WILL BE PROVIDED. If you want to bring your own I won't stop you, but please imbibe responsibly.

Thats about it for now. If anyone can think of anything I forgot let me know.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old November 4th, 2007, 08:56 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I'll definitely keep it in mind and see if I can't make it home for the weekend. No promises yet, though.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 5th, 2007, 01:41 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Hi there Buddy Lee ~

Greetings from the North Jersey Shore, sorry I won't be able to make it to your apt. on Nov. 17th, 2007 -- but I wanted to make an initial contact and introduce myself (PM me if necessary). I have accumulated a huge HS collection for my grandsons who are only 6&8 and not interested in the game YET, but I've played it myself a few times and think it's a great system. I do come down to the Tampa/St.Pete area at least twice a year to visit my son in the former (maybe I can get him interested in HS'ing) and sister in the later (no chance that she'll play). Anyway, it's good to know where some fellow H'scapers are located and I'll be contacting you directly for more info when I start pllanning my next trip to Fla (maybe in late Spring '08).

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old November 6th, 2007, 01:59 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker
I can't do the 17th, but if you try Thanksgiving weekend, I will be in Bradenton and will make an effort to sneak away from the in-laws for a day.
Old November 10th, 2007, 09:17 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar
I can't do the 17th, but if you try Thanksgiving weekend, I will be in Bradenton and will make an effort to sneak away from the in-laws for a day.
I, too (as stated before), will (most likely) be in Tampa for Thanksgiving weekend.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 11th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
I would be open to host something the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Any interest?

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old November 11th, 2007, 04:26 PM

That should work for me.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 13th, 2007, 08:33 AM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker
I'm still looking into it. How many people do we have so far? Also, is there a tentative schedule?

Old November 13th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar
I'm still looking into it. How many people do we have so far? Also, is there a tentative schedule?

A few "maybes". I am really hoping some people can start committing so this thing can be assured of getting off the ground.

As far as schedule I am pretty open, but I was thinking of kicking things off around 1:00 pm and let it run as late as desired.

Old November 13th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I am hoping to make it, but can't confirm yet, I am trying to get Kenntack to drive, so that I have a much better chance of making it.

It all sound great, I can bring some snacks along if I show up also.

I am seeing if my 13 year old niece can also join me, she loves the game and it would be good fro her to play other people besides me and her little brother.

Thanks Buddy, sound fun

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old November 14th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Put me in Coach, I will be there ready to rumble.

Kenntacks is giving me a ride so we are in. I will find out if he is bringing his son ( s) , and if my niece can make it also, but that is 2 from Tampa.

Buddy - do you have wave 7 yet?? ( I have part of wave 7 , but not all of it ). Do you need more terrian?? Or anything else brought along???

Thanks so much, and I am really looking forward to meeting you and getting some gaming in.

Vydar - are you going to be able to make it? I owe gold and need to pay up!

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old November 14th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal
Put me in Coach, I will be there ready to rumble.
Excellent!
Quote:
Kenntacks is giving me a ride so we are in. I will find out if he is bringing his son ( s) , and if my niece can make it also, but that is 2 from Tampa.
Sounds Great!!
Quote:
Buddy - do you have wave 7 yet?? ( I have part of wave 7 , but not all of it ). Do you need more terrian?? Or anything else brought along???
I have EVERYTHING. I mostly have only one set of uniques (except for MS stuff), and I have at least 2 sets of every common with an average of 3 to 4. I believe I have plenty of terrain (6+ ROTV, 2 SOTM, 2 Marvel, 5 Road, 4 Lava, 2 Tundra, 4 Castles). If anyone wants to bring more they are welcome to do so. MY thought was that I have enough, so others don't have to worry about bringing anything, mixing stuff up, and can travel light.
Quote:
Thanks so much, and I am really looking forward to meeting you and getting some gaming in.

Vydar - are you going to be able to make it? I owe gold and need to pay up!
You're welcome. I will get directions out this weekend to everyone who confirms they will be attending.

Buddy Lee

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers