Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 13th, 2008, 10:51 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Wave 8 - Shaving costs for saving cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
My only real complaint is that they are now putting the clear plastic sleeve that holds the cards for the small expansions up-side-down; that is the opening of the plastic is now at the bottom of the box, which takes longer to open and get out. I first noticed this on a set on Templars and thought it was a fluke, but I guess this is the new packaging method. For the first time ever I bent a card taking it out of the box.

There was no consistency regarding this for me today. I opened 9 boosters total today and they were pretty randomly up or down. I haven't seen one sideways yet, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised.
Old June 14th, 2008, 01:24 AM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker

The one thing that I'd like to add and I haven't seen Wave 8 in person, is that if they are using the same D&D material, that is another good thing. Instead of WOTC having to have two or more materials, then can buy the same material in much larger bulk, allowing the price to be even better. That is a OK with me.
Old June 14th, 2008, 01:44 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

ok as to card stock it does and doesna bother me..when ye have 2-8 of each cards its not a big a deal.....

fiqures..wave 8 and aq's has some of the best paint job's Ive seen so far...My Dragon's are just sweet...

as to flimsy, aye I agree the grok's are a bit flimsy and I do have a concern about their "maces" getting bent rather easily

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old June 14th, 2008, 02:42 AM

DWK9000 has disabled reputation

i acctually like the new durability of the figures. Do you know how many get dropped at my house? With wave 7 & now 8 the figures seem more rubbery so that means less glueing. but as far as quality goes the cards are no big because they get laminated or put in sleeves I order from HouseMouse. I was a bit dissapointed with the calvery packs but what the heck no big I figure that if the pieces get used enough they are worth the money and let me tell you 5 sqauds of Templars and 5 squads of Omnicrons are always being used On a side note I am staring at the best sculpt/detailed figure of the all and the quality of good ole zelrig is awsome.
Old June 14th, 2008, 03:19 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

I dont know about "rubbery" so much, though the bent lance is a bit unsettling (and cause for many ED jokes), but if its a matter of paying more to maintain a higher quality of the product then so be it - Im willing to pay more for the product. I dont look at the collection I have as individual $10 or $12 packs of figures, I see the whole $2000 (shhh, the wife thinks it was only that much money...dont tell her!)collection as a total and to invest another few dollars per wave into maintaining the quality of my investment then Im all in for that.
Old June 14th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!

Is the card stock thinner in these new releases?
Could not tell the difference. I do remember when they went to the thinner stock of paper, but it doesn't seem to any thinner from that.

The softer pliable plastic is not bad. The 10th Foot's rifles and bayonets are a little curved, but that's alright. If sculpt quality is the trade-off, I'm willing to take it. The figures are gorgeous, especially the heroes, medium, small, and large.

My only small complaints right now are Sujoah's wings falling out (which I'll probably just glue into place) and the lack of terrain hexes.
Old June 14th, 2008, 09:39 AM

Hatchetbill has disabled reputation

I really appreciate you starting this thread.

I'm still living vicariously through the rest of you until monday (hopefully) so I can't comment about the product but i can comment about your comment . Its great to see a few folks (thank you Eckels, as well) be frank about how they really review these things. The mark of a true fan is one who is willing to voice their concerns and initiate discussion about major or minor things pertaining to quality. Thats really one of the only ways that we, the consumer, can help maintain the level of quality we've been getting from Heroscape. Sure there's nothing we can do about the price of oil but we still need to highlight both the pros and cons. WOTC has initiated a great relationship with this community and have been great at listening to our input. I really hope they read your thread.

And I am sad that I'll not be getting any hexes. Even if they are snow.
Old June 14th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Wo-Sa-Ga has got to be the physically heaviest of all HeroScape figures. The jungle terrain is wonderfully detailed and beautiful. The other sculpts are very good, a few are magnificent. The cards are thin. The packaging is a pain, but not as big a pain as damaged-in-transit game parts would be. All in all, I think we've seen a great job of keeping price within reach and the quality at the "very good" to "excellent" level. I'm not just happy; I continue to be thrilled.
Old June 14th, 2008, 10:44 AM

jsilvrs is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
The packaging is a pain, but not as big a pain as damaged-in-transit game parts would be.
You are right. I worry about breaking a piece dislodging it from the packaging, but that is way better than finding a figure was broken during transit.

Great Traders: Huggable Zombie
Old June 14th, 2008, 12:46 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun

Not to be rude to anyone (especially you Velenne, you're a good guy ), but this community is rather spoiled in regards to "bang for your buck". From some of the posts on this thread, I think it's safe to assume that many of you haven't played other miniature games (ex. Warhammer, etc). When compared to those games, the value in wave 8 is astounding. How would you feel if Zetacron was packaged by himself, unassembled, unpainted, and cost $25? FYI, that linked figure is basically the exact same size as Zetacron.

I understand that the quality has diminished slightly over the life of the game. But, the price really should have increase over the life of the game. Every year should see a 3% increase in price just to keep pace with inflation (not to mention skyrocketing gas prices). Packs should be approaching $16 really.

In the end, I feel that we are still getting our moneys worth (and then some). Great job WotC.
Old June 14th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Extremely good points, Dignan. Rep coming your way.
Old June 14th, 2008, 04:52 PM

dragon has disabled reputation

I wouldn't mind paying an additional 3% or more each year to keep up with the ever increasing production cost, and I would prefer to do so as opposed to seeing the material the figure are made from change to a softer plastic. That's all I'm saying. I agree that some of the figures are made well. I'm more than happy with the sculpts of Zelrig, Wo sa Ga, and especially Gurei Oni, but when it comes to the smaller figures like Otonashi or the new elves, the softness of them bothers me a little. Now I'm wondering that if WotC re-releases some of the earlier wave packs, will they be the same as before or different? I guess it's all a matter of personal taste. I prefer a hard plastic figure over a softer material, but that's just me. I never had a problem with pieces breaking when I dropped them, I think they're pretty durable. I just want WotC to knows that I for one am willing to cover any addition production cost by paying more for the packs so long as the quality already established continues on as before. It's just some of the new figures made me wonder.

Sad will be the day when you can't tell a heroscape figure apart from a D&D mini.

Last edited by dragon; June 14th, 2008 at 04:54 PM. Reason: correction

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion