Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 27th, 2008, 07:23 PM

its me lol is surprisingly tart
Re: A Coward's Reward

I think you are supposed to do it together. The master guide shows an exapmle with zetian guards rolling 2 instead of 1, because of multiple engagements. But in most cases it wont matter.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
-Axl Rose
Old May 27th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by its me lol View Post
I think you are supposed to do it together. The master guide shows an exapmle with zetian guards rolling 2 instead of 1, because of multiple engagements. But in most cases it wont matter.

I guess it could be interpreted either way, but as I read it, each unit rolls it's die seperately.
Old May 27th, 2008, 08:41 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

I always played it that each figure rolls separately, but the wording of Sir Dupuis' power made me wonder if that was wrong. It mentioned the possibility of receiving more than 1 wound from a leaving engagement attack and I couldn't think of any way that was possible unless you rolled combined attacks from multiple figures. But this thread reminded me of A Coward's Reward which would allow one figure to inflict 2 wounds.

So, I don't think it is absolutely clear, but I think that my original method was correct and each figure rolls separately. This seems the most "real world" logical, but that isn't always right.
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Tiger View Post
I always played it that each figure rolls separately, but the wording of Sir Dupuis' power made me wonder if that was wrong. It mentioned the possibility of receiving more than 1 wound from a leaving engagement attack and I couldn't think of any way that was possible unless you rolled combined attacks from multiple figures. But this thread reminded me of A Coward's Reward which would allow one figure to inflict 2 wounds.

So, I don't think it is absolutely clear, but I think that my original method was correct and each figure rolls separately. This seems the most "real world" logical, but that isn't always right.
That's how I interpret it, too, MI_Tiger. I think the 'multiplicity' of wounds on Sir Dupuis probably comes from his leaving engagement from more than one opponent at the same time.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:30 PM

its me lol is surprisingly tart

This is confusing. Wlould some one asked wizards, or hasbro? (preferably Hasbro, seeing as it was them who wrote the words)

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
-Axl Rose
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by its me lol View Post
This is confusing. Wlould some one asked wizards, or hasbro? (preferably Hasbro, seeing as it was them who wrote the words)
Hasbro isn't involved anymore, so they won't be answering questions.
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:27 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

They are individual attacks, but technically rolled at the same time (or one right after another). not sure what on Dupuis' card implies they are a combined attack....

the "one or more wounds" part is because of the power discussed in this thread specifically. Cowards reward allows for an extra die for leaving engagement (thus the 2nd possible wound).

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
They are individual attacks, but technically rolled at the same time (or one right after another). not sure what on Dupuis' card implies they are a combined attack....

the "one or more wounds" part is because of this thread specifically cowards reward allows for an extra die for leaving engagement (thus the 2nd possible wound).
Thank you, Mr. theGuru. No need to ask anyone now.
Old May 28th, 2008, 12:09 AM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Always here to help

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old May 28th, 2008, 01:04 AM

dragon has disabled reputation

Keep in mind that some units such as Einar Imperium, Cyprien, Reavers, (to name just a few), never take disengagement strikes.
Old May 28th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
Keep in mind that some units such as Einar Imperium, Cyprien, Reavers, (to name just a few), never take disengagement strikes.
I do try to keep this in mind. It is one of the key personal philosophical underpinnings of my very being, in fact. <grin>
Old May 28th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
'Reavers never take disengagement strikes. Einar Imperium and Cyprien take strikes when walking, but not when flying.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's