Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old May 18th, 2008, 12:33 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: DFW's Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Dignan, I would like to replicate as closely as I can what my experience will be like for this event in June. Is it alright if I bring my own MoPS??
Yeah, anyone is free to bring their own MoPs. It will actually make things a little easier on me .
Old May 18th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I realize this will be a rather informal get-together on Saturday, but since, as R˙chean suggested, he wants to emulate as close to possible the event in June, are we to bring two 450-point armies and 2 MoPs then? It's certainly not a problem for me, but I just want to make sure I don't show up with half of what I need.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old May 18th, 2008, 08:17 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Well to that end, I was going to bring a few 450ies...

I was more interested in the set up and transport aspect of it and of course giving a few armies a play or two.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; May 18th, 2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:58 PM

Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm planning on trying out a few armies myself. Players can bring whatever they would like. If you don't want to hassle with transporting a MoP, don't worry, because I will have several setup.
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:28 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks Dignan, for letting us use your place for this rather informal get-together. I, for one, am excited because with this few people, I may finally get to play the obsessive-compulsive master strategist himself.
No names needed, but you know who you are!

Also, there is still a possibility that Rodriquez may be coming with me. He's still waiting on some finalized plans with his wife, to make sure.

See you all on Saturday.

*leaves to finally and actually plan some MoPs and armies *

Old May 23rd, 2008, 08:55 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Thanks Dignan, for letting us use your place for this rather informal get-together. I, for one, am excited because with this few people, I may finally get to play the obsessive-compulsive master strategist himself.
No names needed, but you know who you are!
He's a drunken master, so you'd better have plenty of beer on hand if you actually want to learn anything. Otherwise he just sits in his chair, obsessively rearranging his figures in his starting zone and you never actually get to play.

Old May 23rd, 2008, 09:52 AM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Master Strategist? Cool I didn't know UranusPChicago was going to make it out. Good times then!

Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:05 PM

dragon has disabled reputation

1. Dignan
2. rym
3. R˙chean
4. Velenne (+1-2)
5. dragon
6. topher
Old May 24th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Who Bummed Woo

1. Dignan
2. rym
3. R˙chean
4. Velenne (+1-2)
5. dragon
6. topher
7. Rodriquez

Rodriquez is in after all. The Queen apparently decreed he may go.

Old May 24th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Who Bummed Woo

Thanks Dignan, for having us over. I had a blast even though I got 'blasted' by you.

Luke (not sure of your screen name), that was just a nice and sound beating. Kudos man.

And in thinking it over R˙chean, I bet if I had put all the AE back near my start zone, instead of where I did, I could have focused all my order markers on Cyprien for that round. That might have been the difference I think. I would've used Cyprien to eat anyone that went for the AE and of course my AE outranged you. Oh well, it's only a game, and if I'd only thought of that then.

But we will meet again my friend, and the results will be different.

<*I know, smack talk from someone who didn't even win a game.*>

Last edited by rym; May 24th, 2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:03 AM

Thanks to everyone for showing up and having a good time. I had a blast getting in a ton games and really hammering out this whole MoP thing. The June event should be sweet. Looking forward to it.
Old May 25th, 2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
And in thinking it over R˙chean, I bet if I had put all the AE back near my start zone, instead of where I did, I could have focused all my order markers on Cyprien for that round. That might have been the difference I think. I would've used Cyprien to eat anyone that went for the AE and of course my AE outranged you. Oh well, it's only a game, and if I'd only thought of that then.
Given the set up of the board, I agree with that assessment. However, I wasn't about to suggest it, once you started placing them on "my side" of the map. Conversely, if you had won initiative and got 4 shots off with those guys, I think the game would have ended up much different that way as well. As it was, you never got to bring their full power to bear. You had a hard to assault MoP that would have worked well for placing them back and your Cyprien was on a rampage; you would have probably done well to keep him going. Then again, hind sight is always 20/20.

Good game, Rym! Good games all! Thanks Dignan for hosting; I'm looking forward to June!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers