Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 5th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Dodge
Figures with D20 abilities are often given higher point costs than one would expect due to their game breaking effects.
*cough*
Me-Burq-Sa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Dodge
Not only can Lily absolutely crush support (goodbye Raelin/Q9 Combo, Snipers/Taelord Combo, basically ANY combo requiring adjacency)
Reread the cards for Raelin and Taelord. Their auras don't work only on adjacent units, they work up to several spaces out, which is an incredibly huge difference.
Stop panic-mongering and trying to scream that Lily is the death of all support units. She's not. Maybe she could use some tweaks, it's arguable, but she's hardly the ultimate unstoppable answer to all units with auras or other friendly supportive powers.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old January 5th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Yes, but what about Lily and Jotun or any other high attack unit in the same army? The power makes no distinction that it needs to be enemy figures, giving a friendly Jotun multiple attacks of 8 is pretty potent.
Granted, that's a powerful thing to happen, when it does happen. But is it really more powerful statistically, to put an order marker on a weaker unit and hope for a good d20 roll, instead of putting all your order markers on the more powerful unit and getting a sure-thing powerful attack every turn?

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old January 5th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkadinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Yes, but what about Lily and Jotun or any other high attack unit in the same army? The power makes no distinction that it needs to be enemy figures, giving a friendly Jotun multiple attacks of 8 is pretty potent.
Granted, that's a powerful thing to happen, when it does happen. But is it really more powerful statistically, to put an order marker on a weaker unit and hope for a good d20 roll, instead of putting all your order markers on the more powerful unit and getting a sure-thing powerful attack every turn?
That sir is a very good point.

After some more theoryscape and thinking about her powers, I think that she isn't as powerful as she comes across.
Old January 5th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
In my Custom thread. I addressed the use of Nightmare. I'm gonig to clarify opponent's figures. It's the way I intended it, but did not word accordingly.
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:12 AM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
A long time ago, I promised myself that, when the time was right, I'd nominate a certain unit to the Halls, for Historical Significance, in a World War II kind of way -- like it or not, it's historically significant for the effects it's had on the community.

The idea, however, was not to make trouble for the creator, and thus I waited until the wounds healed a good bit. Now, truth finally brought it up and discussed it on Scapetalk, and thus I feel it's become a subject that can be discussed again.

Also, the Halls have been dead for weeks.

Thus, without further ado, on grounds of historical significance, as definitely one of the top three customs with the most impact on the history of our community, I nominate truth's Elite Onyx Vipers:

This card was created as a joke back on HSHQ, presented as a real version of the final card, and quickly rose to a 47-pages thread, including some death threats at the instigators.

Personally, I think it was great. Others don't. But most of all, the significance of the event cannot be denied. I strongly suggest that, along with the card's introduction, we have someone with first-hand knowledge of the debacle write up an account for future generations. This was as big as the shelf, and we should no longer try to pretend it never happened.

By respect for your fellow posters, please refrain from gratuitous use of the terms "******", "****", "****", "*****", "***", "****", "***", "******", "******" and "GenCon exclusive".
Old March 16th, 2007, 04:36 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Well, I just missed out on this little prank, joining HQ not too long afterwards. It would definately need a write-up about the incident.

I will consider it for a vote.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old March 16th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
I agree that the EOV hoax card should move on to a Nomination thread for discussion. Honoring our Roots - this is, after all, one of the most nototious customs ever...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old March 16th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
I think it's Halls worthy, strictly for the nostalgia.

smallboxgames.com
Old March 16th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
I remember, I guess the right time was after reaper left. It has my vote

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old October 26th, 2007, 08:34 AM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
We still need to post 'em...

By respect for your fellow posters, please refrain from gratuitous use of the terms "******", "****", "****", "*****", "***", "****", "***", "******", "******" and "GenCon exclusive".
Old December 30th, 2007, 08:00 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
We still do this anymore?
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:31 PM

Magic Darkus Woo who?
Re: HALLS OF VALHALLA (Best Of Custom Units) - Nominate Here

Id like to nominate tubafication and his submission in my Knight contest.
His custom knight is called Sir Caper
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/u...perDSLR2-2.jpg

Please consider it, he was really good at making it.

All heroscapers meet their end if they lose a game 10 times in a row. It's even worse if the opponent(s) use(s) really weak characters.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards