Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old February 18th, 2012, 09:01 AM

Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: I'm gay

I am a student of evolution. I guess some Christians can stop reading now.

The question "Why is he gay" was put earlier in the thread.

I can tell you why.

Humans are a herd group. That's why we all have slightly different personalities, skills, preferences, allergies, etc.
Example: some of our herd group donít like potatoes. We find some potatoes and eat them. They make us sick, perhaps die. But those who donít like potatoes donít eat them, so they can help nurse the sick, thus increasing our chance of survival. Or if some die the non-potatoes eaters will still be here, and the group will not have been annihilated by killer fries.

How does this relate to being gay?

Imagine a herd group that contains a gay male. Although physically strong, he prefers to identify as female and perform female tasks ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osh-Tisch)

Scenario 1) All the males except for the gay male have left the village to hunt or raid. A bear or wolves or rival human group approaches. The village contains women and children and one male. The survival chances of the group are increased by having one with the physical strength and possibly combat training of a male. Human rivals also would be less likely to attack if males were present. Survival chances are increased because of the gay male.

Scenario 2) In a wolf pack frequently only the alpha couple has off spring, and then the entire pack raises them. This increases the young Ďuns chance of survival. If my mother has a gay brother or sister I know have an additional adult looking out for me, taking care of me, helping me, thus increasing my chance of survival. If something should happen to one of my parents I still have an additional adult assisting. Survival chances are increased because of the gay male.

Scenario 3) Our human herd group decides to raid another, and all the males go, including the gay male. The raid does not go well and we incur grievous wounds. The gay male perhaps is a better care-giver and nurse and more males make it home and survive because of his ministration. Survival chances are increased because of the gay male.

I could list more scenarios but I think the point is made. Homosexuality is an evolutionary tool to increase the survival chances of our society. It is genetically programmed. Its emphasis was not primarily same sex activity, but mixing gender roles and spreading skills and abilities over a wider range of people. The individuals in question do not have a choice. It is part of a larger species survival plan.

And if there is a God....well, Iíll let you draw your own conclusion....
Old February 18th, 2012, 09:31 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Sylvano...you could have posted that without the first and last lines and it would have been perfect.

I believe there is a God...but I don't believe that He hates gays like some ignorant sign carrying people would say. If this was a "disease" like some would like to believe then those "afflicted" with the "disease" should be the ones to hate God for making them this way...but they don't...neither do those born with Downs Syndrome or Sickle Cell Anemia or any number of conditions people are born with every day.

There is a video on the internet of a young Down's Syndrome gentleman regarding his testimonial to Jesus as his Lord and Savior that is pretty amazing. Even if you dont believe.

God made you. God loves you. No matter who or what you are. That's what God has taught me.
Old February 18th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Sylvano...you could have posted that without the first and last lines and it would have been perfect.

I believe there is a God...but I don't believe that He hates gays like some ignorant sign carrying people would say. If this was a "disease" like some would like to believe then those "afflicted" with the "disease" should be the ones to hate God for making them this way...but they don't...neither do those born with Downs Syndrome or Sickle Cell Anemia or any number of conditions people are born with every day.

There is a video on the internet of a young Down's Syndrome gentleman regarding his testimonial to Jesus as his Lord and Savior that is pretty amazing. Even if you dont believe.

God made you. God loves you. No matter who or what you are. That's what God has taught me.
Never thought I'd say this. . . but give this guy a cookie.

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:31 PM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

Alright...

So, my reasons (other than the Bible) for thinking homosexuality is wrong: men and women are different. Two men or two women simply can not complement each other the way that a man and a woman can. The largest danger of homosexuality is to the children. I have seen firsthand the extremely negative effects on a child of not having both gender roles in the household. Homosexuality falls with pre/extramarital sex and divorce in that they are ruining the base of our society: the family.

That said, my rep alone shows that there is little to no agreement with me on this matter on this forum, and that Biblical/conservative opinions are not welcome here. I'll be leaving this thread then, though continuing to devote my prayers to the various ills (homosexuality included) in our country.

L.K.R.
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:32 PM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

On a side note, just to follow a bit of train of thought. There was a gay comedian who said this best.

For every one who thinks that being a homosexual or transgenderd is a dieses, a problem of the mind, like your crazy.

That would mean all homosexuals who work and have health care, can call in Gay.

Nope can't come in to work today, still gay.

Yep still sick with the gay, can't work today either.
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:49 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Alright...

So, my reasons (other than the Bible) for thinking homosexuality is wrong: men and women are different. Two men or two women simply can not complement each other the way that a man and a woman can. The largest danger of homosexuality is to the children. I have seen firsthand the extremely negative effects on a child of not having both gender roles in the household. Homosexuality falls with pre/extramarital sex and divorce in that they are ruining the base of our society: the family.

That said, my rep alone shows that there is little to no agreement with me on this matter on this forum, and that Biblical/conservative opinions are not welcome here. I'll be leaving this thread then, though continuing to devote my prayers to the various ills (homosexuality included) in our country.
Maybe instead of a personal anecdote (which is a sample set of one, not good for science) you could post some actual evidence for your claims. Here's my evidence.

And the reason your rep is declining is because you seem to be making overly generalized statements and continue to make claims without having any evidence.

I have one more question for you, that I hope you answer before you go: What would you do if your best friend came out to you? Or your brother or sister? Or one of your parents? Would you tell them the same thing you've told us?

I am also going to repeat what others have said: go out and meet some LGBT (and asexual) people. We aren't bad. We're nice. And we're everywhere. You don't need to treat us like you are above us.
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:55 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
You don't need to treat us like you are above us.
Idk, I heard that the National Inquirer conducted this study that says that gay people, on average, are shorter than heterosexuals.

See? Just another reason to give your kids a gay gene vaccination.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by scorpiusx; February 18th, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old February 18th, 2012, 01:12 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

I think Scorp is tied with Mad_Wookie as the best person in this thread.

Quote:
Alright...

In a word: Ragequit!

Making another incorrect point and then not bothering to stick around to watch us tear it apart like the farce it is? Come on, grow a pair. I'll debate you in PM if you don't want to debate in this thread.
Old February 18th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Alright...

*chuckle*

The kids I know with same sex parents seem to be doing fine. The most miserable, misbehaved kids I know have heterosexual parents.

Like I said above, live a little. One day you'll meet a reasonably well adjusted homosexual person who doesn't give a crap what you think about him, so he'll let you know he's gay. It'll open your eyes.

Until then, yeah, docks are when a site supporter lets you know you've strayed from the standards and aren't being nice. It may have been helpful to your world view for you to see firsthand how the community outside your own thinks about your attitude toward your fellow humans.

Don't worry about it anymore, except to learn from it and move on.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
I think Scorp is tied with Mad_Wookie as the best person in this thread.
Let's add D_S to the list...
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Don't know about you, but I got 40 some rep points for my last post, mostly because I didn't try and get a lot of people mad with posts that were not well thought out. I'm a staunch Biblical Conservative, and judging from my green bars I like to think that some people like my opinion on some matters.

Old February 18th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
You don't need to treat us like you are above us.
Indeed...now go and get me some ice cold lemonade with a dash of orange juice mixed in. Also, I would love some celery sticks with peanut butter with raisins spaced exactly 1 inch apart. Now there's a good chap.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General