Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old December 22nd, 2023, 06:56 PM

didgjedi Woo who?
Playing in VR

I have been toying with this for awhile, thought I would post a small video.
This uses Reality browser for Quest. This browser allows a user to place a window anywhere in you actual environment and of any size.
The video is not the best, but the table is set horizontal to mimic a play table. Players can walk around, move pieces, and resize anything.
Even though the background Recorded as black, the user is in a mixed reality setting. For me, I was sitting and walking around my dining room and able to see the game table as well as my surroundings.

Old December 22nd, 2023, 07:38 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Playing in VR

Woooow, super interesting. I’m not sure that’s any better than just doing it on your computer, but that is interesting for sure.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 23rd, 2023, 12:14 AM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is cool! The interface seems like it might be a little clunky using the app for typing order markers and messages and such. But Heroscape in VR still really fun. I wonder if this has any potential with Tabletop Simulator? Seems like bumping up into 3d might really elevate the experience.
Old December 23rd, 2023, 01:59 PM

didgjedi Woo who?

The video makes it seem more cumbersome than it really is. It's more or less similar to being able to resize your monitor, set it flat, and touch a 2d surface to place figures and manipulate them. The typing certainly isn't the best, but if your used to how the online heroscape interface works it may work well with a little patience.
I think if Virtualscape had an android version that allowed a horizontal table view that could also be anchored that would be the way to go with a headset. It's quite easy to install android apps onto a Meta Quest headset.
Old December 23rd, 2023, 02:50 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very cool! Bumping it up to 3D would certainly take it to the next level.
Old December 23rd, 2023, 03:04 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Just play on Tabletop Simulator it's already in 3D. I prefer it. I think there is a VR option too.
Old December 23rd, 2023, 07:20 PM

didgjedi Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Just play on Tabletop Simulator it's already in 3D. I prefer it. I think there is a VR option too.
Tabletop Simulator is certainly an option via VR. But via the browser, as in my vid, no cables or connections to a pc are required, and no additional software. Only downfall is that it's 2d.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software