Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 17th, 2010, 09:54 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Questioning myself.

Well, I hope I'm not hated for this but I am trying D&D. This seems like an unloyal thing to do with so many people boycotting WotC products. But I have thought about ti and I already have quite a few D&D figs from D&Dscape. But my question is, is this wrong? Like would this be turning my back on Heroscape?

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society." ~ Mark Twain
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:02 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Questioning myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Well, I hope I'm not hated for this but I am trying D&D. This seems like an unloyal thing to do with so many people boycotting WotC products. But I have thought about ti and I already have quite a few D&D figs from D&Dscape. But my question is, is this wrong? Like would this be turning my back on Heroscape?
I wouldn't see this as a problem, most people in this community are turning away from WotC products because of what they did to our game. It's a matter of personal opinion, and I wouldn't be afraid to say that Dungeons and Dragons is a brilliant concept, a masterpiece 30 years in the making. Design team member Rob Daviau even said he based some Heroscape characters off of the concepts of D&D (i.e. Zelrig). Before I was enthralled by Heroscape I was a big D&D player; I had two characters, a Drow Ranger and a Drakan Warrior (a custom race of dragon/elf blood mix.) As long as you don't forget Heroscape, I would venture to say you have my permission to embark on the journeys to the Forgotten Realms.

Oof...I got nothing to sign with now
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:12 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Try 2nd edition. Its not as dumbed down as the newer versions and you don't need figures to play it, just pen and paper. I've heard really good things about the Pathfinder system too, you should check it out.

Also, buying older used stuff will keep money out of WotC's pockets.
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:25 PM

SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker

I think it is ok. I was actually in the process of learning to play D&D before WotC canceled Heroscape. However, after the news, I decided to learn to play other tabletop RPGs like Microlite20 or Labyrinth Lord. Actually, if WotC had not canceled Heroscape I probably would have played D&D, but just because I'm not going to doesn't mean you can't.
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I say go for it but don't buy in to the 4th ed crapola. Stick with earlier editions, 3.5 is great and the Pathfinder stuff is solid. That is sort of not giving in to WotC as much because Paizo has that now. Personally I prefer a lot of other RPG tabletops over D&D. There are several more out there that are better IMO. D&D was just one of the first. Try, GURPS, HERO System, Rolemaster (if you can find it), Palladium, etc. D&D may not even be as much fun as something else. Trust me I've played over 40 different systems in my years of playing, some of my favorites were obscure ones. One of my faves is Earthdawn, great system and so much fun to play.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Last edited by robbdaman; December 18th, 2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old December 17th, 2010, 11:02 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would strongly suggest White Wolf "World of Darkness" roleplaying system. Their Vampire genre is my all time favorite roleplaying system.

The setting is a mixture gothic, the 1989 Batman city, Interview with a Vampire/Lestat.

However, I own just about every D&D 3.5 book, and I am not gonna stop playing due to WotC's mismanagement of Heroscape. D&D 3.5 is ALOT of fun. Building a character in that game is alot like building a Magic deck or a Heroscape Army.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old December 17th, 2010, 11:07 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been thinking the same thing about Castle Ravenloft. It's still just a game. There's no reason to stop yourself from playing something that you enjoy because of who makes it. It's still a game, and games are supposed to be fun, not moral battles with yourself.

Old December 17th, 2010, 11:07 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would suggest buying the source books used from Half Priced Books, or a similar place.

Old December 18th, 2010, 12:15 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Try 2nd edition. Its not as dumbed down as the newer versions and you don't need figures to play it, just pen and paper. I've heard really good things about the Pathfinder system too, you should check it out.

2cd edition has the Tarrasque. (Spelling?)

'Nuff said.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old December 18th, 2010, 12:25 AM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
Quote:

'Nuff said.
NO ONE wants to find a Tarrasque. (Pray your dungeon master has a heart)

Oof...I got nothing to sign with now
Old December 18th, 2010, 12:40 AM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
Quote:

'Nuff said.
3.x has a Tarrasque as well. He is in the main monster manual.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old December 18th, 2010, 06:23 AM

Mnygaard is surprisingly tart

Nobody mentioned the best RPG out there: Savage Worlds.
It was more or less Savage Worlds that got me into Heroscape since it runs miniature battles extremely well. Unlike most RPGs, using minies in Savage Worlds actually make things move quicker.

Check out the free test drive here: http://www.peginc.com/Downloads/SWEX/TD06.pdf

Or, alternatively you could invest the $10 it will cost you to get the core rules http://www.studio2publishing.com/sho...oducts_id=2364

And it has the added advantage of being completely non-WOTC

Garden of Athena book 1: Dogs of Hades out now!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion