Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old August 28th, 2019, 04:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I see both sides. It is worth noting the figure is blind variant of Black Widow in wild west attire. I have the mini and she looks good with the rest of the lawmen in a way josie never could.

Also if Netflix releases a show about a town where one brave woman takes up the sheriff mantel against a group of bandits when the men are all to afraid, I wouldn't be surprised if the dressed her just like this.
Actually, they did, and she looked like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'd keep her as a Lawman simply for the synergy it offers - I don't think she should be kept hermetically sealed away from thematic synergy with Clayton. Otherwise I'd be tempted by something like Vigilante.
I don't have a problem with a mechanical reason for choosing Lawman for such a mini. Designers make little compromises like that all the time. But I do agree with Cap that she doesn't quite look the part.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 28th, 2019, 06:23 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I appreciate the conversation that’s been happening!
Old August 28th, 2019, 11:11 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'd keep her as a Lawman simply for the synergy it offers
This, to me, is the wrong reason to make her a Lawman and seems to me to be the biggest (only?) one to do so.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 28th, 2019, 11:42 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

With respect, caps - when I picked up the mini, it looked incredibly obviously (to me) like a western mini and very much a lawman. Maybe not the Sullivan sort of lawman, but a more chaotic good person as opposed to his lawful good. I’m not really sure how she could look more like one, given that she’s a woman and probably wouldn’t have been given a badge.

As a counterpoint I’d also present Murphy.
Old August 29th, 2019, 04:22 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'm with PK here.
PK, stop worrying about getting past SoV. It's not worth it. Your custom is already good, and the class is important for theme and synergy. Personal bias gets in the way of 50% of potentially good SoV nominations, as far as I can see. It ain't worth it.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 29th, 2019, 06:35 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

James Murphy is Indiana Jones with a shotgun. He could pass for a cowboy, but nothing about him explicitly says "Lawman".

His character bio doesn't even say, or try to imply in anyway, that he's related to the law.
Quote:
James Murphy has left trouble in his wake since he left Five-Strings, Kansas at the age of 13. Living on and off the roailroads, using only his guile and his whip, James Murphy is his own boss, his own leader, and his own worst enemy. The only thing worse than a man with a whip is a mean man with a whip.
I'm with PK here.
Old August 29th, 2019, 06:48 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yeah... James is actually seeming more like an Outlaw there than this lady.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 29th, 2019, 08:11 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Any chance we could get some pics of the mini with the lawmen?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 29th, 2019, 09:05 AM

Unfortunately I submitted her before I left on a big move, and my figures are at home with my brother.
Old August 29th, 2019, 09:34 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Considering the figure is "Gunslinger", she reminds me of Sharon Stone in the Quick and the Dead. I wish she had a hat on, but oh well. With my VC vote, I would be fine with saying she is a lawmen.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 29th, 2019, 09:47 AM

Oh, I’d prefer if she had a hat too.

Also I went through my phone and found a couple images of her from when I was testing Clayton. These aren’t ideal - ideally you’d want like a front view shot of them together, but hopefully they help in some way.

Spoiler Alert!
Old August 29th, 2019, 10:12 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

FWIW, ultimately I agree with Kinseth. If there's a mechanical or thematic reason for her to be a Lawman, I can buy it. The mini doesn't quite look like it, but it's not so far off that it's not acceptable.

With that said, for my part, I'll bow out and leave this thread to its purpose.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs