Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: Should Q9, Braxas, Nilfheim, Theracus, and Jotun be banned from the tourney?
Yes 7 30.43%
No 16 69.57%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 24th, 2007, 10:21 PM

Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker Chuckrock knows what's in an order marker
RE: Another Clear Lakian?

Welcome Pastor JK!
Sweetcurse and I are also in Clear Lake. We have been getting together testing the maps for the tourney out near the NASA area.

Send a PM if your interested.

CR
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:03 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Pastor JK is one of the friends I mentioned coming. So you can replace one of the "friendrods" with his name on the front page.
Old April 26th, 2007, 06:54 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Okay, the 4 confirmed maps are on the front page - I tweaked Ice Caves a little to allow 4-height figures to be able to get on top of the caves.

The only real hanging question is what we should do about DrLivingston's castle map. Anybody else get a chance to playtest it?
Old April 28th, 2007, 01:40 AM

PastorJK Woo who?
Glyphs and Multiple Armies?

Are we mixing one of each of the glyphs and choosing at random which ones will be on the battlefield face down? I never play with glyphs because I think they change the game too much, but I need to know which ones we will be using. The wind glyph and summoning glyph could be devastating on certain maps and/or certain armies. Also, the defend+2 is pretty deadly. Not to mention the move+2 . . . Sorry, I told you I think they change the game too much. HA!

Also, do we have to use the same army the entire tournament or can we change the army according to the army we will be playing against and/or battlefield we will be playing on?

Thanks in advance.

Seek ye first His kingdom and His righteousness and all of this will be added unto you!
Old April 28th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Glyphs and Castle map

It is my understanding that you use the same army throughout the day.

Glyphs have been discussed, but not finalized.

Up to 3 glyphs on a map.

The glyphs that were considered for the random glyph pool:

+1 attack
+1 Defense
Healing
Move +2
Iniative +8
Summoning
+1 d20

Range +4 was also being considered for this tournament.

I like playing with glyphs as they encourage movement on the board and add, I think, more strategy to the game. I do agree that some glyphs can seem unbalancing, (I hate the healer glyph when my opponent has krug/braxas/charos and summoning on a lava map can sometimes be fatal...) but when they pop up in a game, I just do my best to deny my opponent access to that glyph.

As far as including the castle map in the tournament--I just thought it would be cool to have A castle map. Doesn't have to be MY castle map.
I should get a chance to play on it more this weekend. I welcome all suggestions/critiques--my feeling will not be hurt! (Although praise will certainly swell my head...)
Old April 28th, 2007, 10:53 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
The 7 glyphs DrLivingston mentioned should be considered finalized. No range +4, Wind, etc.
Old April 29th, 2007, 04:36 AM

Liam_l has disabled reputation
Re: Glyphs and Castle map

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston
It is my understanding that you use the same army throughout the day.

Glyphs have been discussed, but not finalized.

Up to 3 glyphs on a map.

The glyphs that were considered for the random glyph pool:

+1 attack
+1 Defense
Healing
Move +2
Iniative +8
Summoning
+1 d20

Range +4 was also being considered for this tournament.

I like playing with glyphs as they encourage movement on the board and add, I think, more strategy to the game. I do agree that some glyphs can seem unbalancing, (I hate the healer glyph when my opponent has krug/braxas/charos and summoning on a lava map can sometimes be fatal...) but when they pop up in a game, I just do my best to deny my opponent access to that glyph.

As far as including the castle map in the tournament--I just thought it would be cool to have A castle map. Doesn't have to be MY castle map.
I should get a chance to play on it more this weekend. I welcome all suggestions/critiques--my feeling will not be hurt! (Although praise will certainly swell my head...)
Correct me if I am wrong, but did you just mention that summoning glyph stinks, but yet we should play with them?

In any case, everything looks good to me, maps look decent, everything is pretty much finalized. Looking forward to this tournament veryveryvery much =D

Warriors of fate, It's now time to stand up.
Use the sword of lightning to scatter your enemies.
Believe in the future and love that you must protect. To eternity! To eternity!
Old April 29th, 2007, 01:20 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

I like the summoning glyph - it really makes you think on your toes!

(Does that expression even make sense?)
Old April 29th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It can stink...

Sucks if you get summoned onto a lava space.
It is fair if the glyph starts equidistant between you and your opponent, but it does suck.
So, Yes, I am saying that it sucks, but we should use it anyway because its fair.
Or even if its not fair, it IS fun.
Old April 29th, 2007, 10:28 PM

PastorJK Woo who?
Glyph of Kelda

I was reading the Glyph of Kelda thread in the Rules BB. How are we going to play it? This is some of what they said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBeast
The senario goes as this: Healing glyph is face down and a squad figure lands on it with its last move and reveals to the world that it's the kelda glyph.

1. Does the squad figure get to move to any adjacent space since it does not have any wounds or must it "back up" and go a different route before ending its move.

2. Since the healing glyph is now revealed, does it remain face up till someone wounded steps on it or is it out of play for the rest of the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Official Answer: The Glyph was never designed to be used face down.

The Boring Answer: The Glyph cannot be stepped on by a Squad or unwounded Hero.

House Rule: You decide.
Are we playing with it face down? If we are, then will it automatically disappear no matter who lands on it, i.e. a squad figure or unwounded hero? Like I stated earlier, I never play with glyphs, but when I first began playing Heroscape I dabbled with the glyphs. We played that once you landed on the glyph it was automatically used up no matter who lands on it. I guess I was playing incorrectly.

Seek ye first His kingdom and His righteousness and all of this will be added unto you!
Old April 29th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Super Doopa

The low down on the glyphs

I understand, glyphs can get confusing if you haven't played with them a bunch--especially at a tournament.

Here is my understanding of how glyphs will work at the tournament:

After choosing starting zones and placing their armies on the map, but before deciding who goes first, opponents will take turns drawing face down glyphs from a pool of 7--+1 attack, +1 defense, +1 d20, +2 move, +8 iniative, healer, and summoning.

The opponents will then place the glyphs FACE UP on the map in the designated spaces shown on the map instructions.

Ta-dah!

There you go, no problem with the Gylph of Kelda because it, like all the other glyphs, will be face up.
Old April 30th, 2007, 11:18 AM

PastorJK Woo who?
Glyphs Revealed

Thanks, Doc.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events