Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 26th, 2019, 08:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I think the assumption is that the Acolytes will need to be finalized before we do all of our testing on Agrith.
Old September 26th, 2019, 11:43 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I tend to agree with caps that 4 defense seems unjustified here. That's a pretty naked demon, so 3 defense seems better thematically and as far as its full aggression role goes. Also may incentivize destroying a friendly for Sustained by Blood since he'll take wounds more easily. Also he's obviously designed to work with the Acolytes, so he won't start on the board and is in no danger of taking wounds until he's ready to burst out and wreak havoc anyway.

Speaking of Acolytes, I don't love the idea of beginning the process of reviewing Mr. Naar while they're still in the flux of play testing. There's a lot that can still change as far as their power level goes, which will effect Naar's power level in turn, and I'm already concerned about his power as a quadruple-attacking bonder. It's a hefty check to write; seems better to wait until they're finalized.

Sweet sweet mini, and I overall like the idea, but those things tip me the other way. to review for now.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 27th, 2019, 12:03 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm not concerned about the Acolytes still being in flight. We've tested units that had synergy with C3V in-flight units before and I don't recall it being an issue.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 27th, 2019, 02:21 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I tend to agree with caps that 4 defense seems unjustified here. That's a pretty naked demon, so 3 defense seems better thematically and as far as its full aggression role goes.

Maybe with 4 arms he have a good ability to parry ?
Bahadur is quite naked too but only one heavy weapon to defend himself and have 4 defenses
Old September 27th, 2019, 03:08 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Yeah, he wouldn’t be the first unit to have 4 defense and be arm-orless . I mean should armor really be an indicator for 4 Def? I mean, a lot of beasty units like Grimnak, Wearwolf Lord, Gregor and Rogirg have 4 Def and are naked of armor. Heck, Brunak has 7 Def and no armor. I don’t think there’s much of an argument for 3 Def any more than there is for 4 here. Why do some Dragons have 3 Def while others have 4? Idk, but it ain’t cause ones scales are harder than another. I’d imagine it has to do with 1) simply the power level of the unit and 2) maybe it indicates a certain skill level of the unit. I’d say the same here.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 27th, 2019, 03:26 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I’ll to review Agrith-Naar, giving decent odds that the Acoytes will be finalized by the time we get around to him anyway.

4 defense doesn’t bother me. Plenty of units have higher defense with less apparent physical toughness than a big scary demon. If it were any higher I might side-eye it, but I suspect the design hardly functions with 3 defense and 4 is within an acceptable range for me.
Old September 27th, 2019, 03:32 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

It is my opinion that with 4 arms/swords to block with, 4 defense (1 for each sword he can block with) makes perfect sense.

Also Uzog was in playtesting before the Durgeth Ravagers were finalized.
Old September 27th, 2019, 07:26 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Uzog was different. if I recall correctly, uzog wasnt even a durgeth at first. Additionally uzog value doesn't change much with the ravagers since the squad carries the cost, and it is arguable if you are better taking pel.

in this case the hero seems to be designed around a squad in playtesting. the wounding a friendly figure seems to be tied to bonding. Also the summoning power of the Acolytes is very relevant to move him up the board without taking turns. finally the attack output is considerable when joined by a 3 man squad making this potentially one of the preferred builds for the Acolytes.

This is why I'm abstaining since Agrith seems to be a faction submission with a part of his faction missing whereas uzog did not. this would be similar to submitting boroes while Talingul was in playtesting, where I see no issue with Lilja.

as an aside I don't have issue with 4 defense demon, cause you know DEMON.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 27th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Agrith-Naar has received 5 Yea votes to review (Scytale, Astroking, superfrog, BiggaBullfrog, and All Your Pie) and moves forward in the process.
Old September 27th, 2019, 10:15 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

What world is Agrith-Naar from?
Old September 27th, 2019, 11:00 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Agrith-Naar has received 5 Yea votes to review (Scytale, Astroking, superfrog, BiggaBullfrog, and All Your Pie) and moves forward in the process.
I mean this would be great, but I'm pretty sure Bigga and Caps actually downvoted...which would make it a 4/2 vote

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 27th, 2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
What world is Agrith-Naar from?
I envisioned same as Morgoloth, Toril

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs