Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

View Poll Results: Best Nightcrawler card. See current post
Nightcrawler 1 2 66.67%
Nightcrawler 2 1 33.33%
Nightcrawler 3 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 8th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Drewman-chu's Updated uncanny X-men Wolverine

Here is my edited version of your card.

I would even consider dropping his Defense to 3 and raising his Life to 7 to eek out 1 more Attack value from Rage.

I didn't recognize the tension between the healing and Rage before, good job.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; March 10th, 2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old March 10th, 2011, 07:17 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I agree with your rewording on the powers but why no love for Jungle Tracking. It was the one power that I felt people overlooked on their Wolverine cards. When I play tested him on a map with Jungle and trees it added a lot to him which I liked. I still feel he needs more playtesting to get his values and points just right for ex I have thought to make his Attack 4 and defense 5.
Old March 16th, 2011, 09:49 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I figured move on to a new card for Uncanny X-Men. I'm sure many people have forgotten Thunderbird.

Last edited by Drewman-chu; March 18th, 2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old March 18th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Drewman-chu's Updated uncanny X-men Thunderbird

Thunderbird looks great, Drew, but I'm not sure how much use will come from Hot-Headed. It seems pretty avoidable. Just don't put the 1 Order Marker on Thunderbird. What if you just forced the 1 Order Marker to be moved to Thunderbird's card if you win initiative?
Old March 18th, 2011, 08:29 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice to see Thunderbird rep to you sir
Old March 18th, 2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Thunderbird looks great, Drew, but I'm not sure how much use will come from Hot-Headed. It seems pretty avoidable. Just don't put the 1 Order Marker on Thunderbird. What if you just forced the 1 Order Marker to be moved to Thunderbird's card if you win initiative
I could see that way too. Would you automatically get a initiative bonus or do think it should be tied to a X marker. I would like to hear peoples idea's for how to do this type of power. I originally thought it was good to use the 1 and then have add the 2 if initiative was won, because it represents how he just rushes into things.

Quote:
Nice to see Thunderbird rep to you sir
Thanks I wasn't sure people would even know who he was. He has a excellent Heroclix figure of him though.

Last edited by Drewman-chu; March 18th, 2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old March 21st, 2011, 02:24 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Quote:
Thunderbird looks great, Drew, but I'm not sure how much use will come from Hot-Headed. It seems pretty avoidable. Just don't put the 1 Order Marker on Thunderbird. What if you just forced the 1 Order Marker to be moved to Thunderbird's card if you win initiative
I could see that way too. Would you automatically get a initiative bonus or do think it should be tied to a X marker. I would like to hear peoples idea's for how to do this type of power. I originally thought it was good to use the 1 and then have add the 2 if initiative was won, because it represents how he just rushes into things.
I don't think you need to use the X Order Marker at all. I think the theme of Thunderbird rushing into battle will be accomplished with you winning initiative and then taking that first turn with Thunderbird. Maybe give him +1 attack and -1 to defense for the round if you want to show him as being reckless?
Old March 21st, 2011, 02:39 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No "X Marker" necessary. I like where Balantai is going though. What about if the 1 Order Marker is on Thunderbird you get +3 initiative and if you win initiative he gets +1(2) move, +1 attack, and -1 defense so to simulate him rushing in. You could also force the 2 Order Marker to be moved to him.

Old March 21st, 2011, 05:18 PM

Yeah I think you guys are right. Now the decsion is do you have to move 1 or 2 order markers? I think I will go with 2 to really represent him rushing in and fighting.
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:14 PM

I updated the card below with new Hot Headed power. If you win intiative it will lead lots of action with Thunderbird and probably a early exit for him from the game, just like his 3 issue run in the comics. How does the wording sound? Clear enough?

Old March 22nd, 2011, 01:05 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You don't need to say "this Thunderbird card" just, "if you control Thunderbird" works.The way it is now there's no way to avoid his hot-headedness. It's an interesting mechanic, though if I were facing an army with Thunderbird, I might just not attack him because the longer he lives the more turns of my opponent's will be used on him and most likely there are other bigger threats in an army that Thunderbird will be taking turns away from.

Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:51 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hot Headed
Technical
Do HS powers normally, officially, end upon destruction?
Specifically, does this power keep going when he is destroyed? - I assume "... if you control this Thunderbird card ..." is there to address this. Which can be simplified to "if you control Thunderbird, add 3 to your initiative rolls. ...". But when he is destroyed, you still control him don't you?
Mechanical / Points
This power is a drawback and should affect his points accordingly.
I spot him at 80, 100, 50, 60.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations