Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 12th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
May 8th event. Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado, maybe Montana

Event cancelled due to lack of intrest.

Last edited by Cyborgs Gaming; April 28th, 2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old March 12th, 2010, 05:46 AM

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: May 8th event. Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado, maybe Monta

looking at having one large 4 player map and 5 or so normal tournament maps. If it's at any location other than my house though then the 4 player map won't happen.

links and pics of maps will be edited into this page eventually

The first map will be a symetrical map by Rednax called "Into the Jungle" It's a good map that I've played in tournys before and fits the requirment of 1 master set and 1 jungle set. Thats what I have left over after building the main map. Other than a marvel and DnD set
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmwzen...e%20Jungle.pdf

Last edited by Cyborgs Gaming; March 22nd, 2010 at 02:45 AM. Reason: added the first map
Old March 13th, 2010, 05:38 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

So is the tournament going to be scored, or just tournament maps to play on? Any rules on armies we can bring? Any cost to help make up for you hosting?

I could definately bring some meat if we want to BBQ.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 13th, 2010, 03:46 PM

at any of the game nights I host here on monday nights I have some things I sell. Soda's basicly and a few misc games. I so much enjoy playing and don't get the chance for it much so I would certainly not charge for that. Even if someone needs a place to stay for traveling a distance they could stay here.

How far we want to go into the tournament thing is up to you really. I'm not new at hosting these things and if we want a full blown tourny with prizes we can certainly do it. The rolling rumble format does work great and I'd like to use it. If it is the full tourny I'd like to do away with the big multiplayer map then. I'm still going to work on it and have a game or two on it but that can be on normal game nights instead. I do want to stick with 555 point armies. As mentioned before it is my 5 year aniversary of quitting smoking and Heroscape was bought with some of the money I bought when quitting smoking. Really it kinda helped me quit.

So, how about 555 point armies, no more than 5 common squad cards, no more than two generals in an army with marvel counting as a general. 24 hex start zones.

options for prizes are 1.completely casual game day with no prizes. 2. Prizes for first and 2nd place only provided by me with a small fee, like $1 per player. Or 3. everyone brings a prize and therefore everyone wins a prize. I really don't care about that as much. Most of the time when I do play in large groups we play for prizes so I wouldn't mind having a large group for casual play every once in awhile
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:50 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, I'll be sure to bring some soda and snack food and whatever, in addition to my Scape.

I don't have more than 5 of any common squad anyways, so that works. I was mainly just asking because if I end up bringing 6-8 people, I have to get all of their armies out of my collection. No guns or something like that would put a definate damper on it.

I talked with all of my players, and they really don't care what we end up doing. Heck, we could have one huge map and like 6 man teams, for all they care (I, however, don't even want to think about how long you would have to wait for a turn). I am planning on 555 armies though, and I'll probably only bring the pieces necessary for each army.

As far as prizes go, they don't matter to me either. I have pretty much all the HeroScape I want, and my family already has a pretty extensive collection of games. If we do do a full tournament, I'll be competing more for prestige (just kidding).

So I guess, figure out what everyone else wants and my crew will be cool with it.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 13th, 2010, 08:37 PM

Well, we will just go with the original plan then with a rolling rumble format and no prizes. I can cerainly help with figures as well, if some of the people want to use my figures for there armies or I can make some pre made armies. I kinda enjoy letting other people make armies first out of my figures and I just use what is left over, forces me to use some of the less popular units.

I will set up the first post with the information and rules and edit the 2nd post with some maps as they get picked. If you would like to decide on 2 or 3 maps that you could build, I'll have a friend use his stuff for one and I will build 1 more normal and the 4 player map giving us 5 regular and 1 team map. I have room to build more if we use the (unheated) garage as well but I'll play that one by ear if more people show up. This already gives us maps for 12-14 people to play at once. If others come I'll ask others to build some maps too.

I don't see a reason to have the maps specificly using one master set each, if part of a SOTM set is used in one with some extra sand tiles, the trees for RTTFF used in one map while a road in another, whatever as long as the maps are symetrical and balanced and not too large. Neither I or my friend have any lava so if we want any lava maps it will have to be on you.
Old March 13th, 2010, 10:10 PM

Cool, sounds like a plan, and a good one at that.

Well if someone has any preferences on maps, as long as they have virtualscape instructions, I can sign up to build those. Honestly, before yesterday, I haven't built a map as small as tournament maps in years. It wouldn't be hard for me to just toss some stuff together though.

Jugger

Old March 19th, 2010, 07:20 PM

Well, I added some more info on the front page. More thoughts on whats posted? Things I need to change or has been more set? Post some of the maps you would like to build?

I don't know what is going on with the other Colorado players. Most of them said they didn't want to have a game on may 8th and now they are planning a seperate one. I understand not wanting to have to drive far but it still doesn't make sense to have two events this close together on the same day.
Old March 21st, 2010, 11:35 PM

So what is good and what is evil? Marvel is pretty apparent, but is Jandar the only classic good and Utgar the only classic evil, or is Utgar the only evil and everyone else good?

Jugger

Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:00 AM

I've thought of it as Jandar is good and Utgar as evil, but now that I've thought about it, it's adding a bit too much complication to army building so it's just going to be no more than two generals Also I forgot to post about the limit on number of common squads so I will put that back in
Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:29 AM

Okay, cool. I could do with as few army building complications as possible. It's going to be rough enough scrounging up six or seven tourny-worthy armies from my collection. I've already had to rework my two favorites because of the 2 general limit. I'll get it done though.

My crew is starting to get excited about this thing. Any news on what the Greenies are doing?

Jugger

Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:37 AM

thre greenies are not having a May 8th event now but are having another one in May, I don't know how many if any will come to mine. I haven't talkt to any cornhuskers yet either to see if they are coming.

I'm working on putting together the big map now. Hopefully Tuesday or Wednsday I'll have some pictures. I'll go ahead and put my army together now as well as setting aside those that are for the special map. I decded to make all those B or lower units so I'll have plenty for other people to use that are good

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events