Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old May 8th, 2020, 12:21 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Dr. Jekyll's Thinking Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Or an iconic anything else, is quozl's point, I think.
Right. Nobody talks about him because hardly anyone knows he exists. If he preps like Batman, then he preps like Batman, whether people talk about it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 8th, 2020, 12:23 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah. I barely see him show up anywhere, which is part of why I question how much of a prepper he is. He'd be much more of a threat. Is he really on-par with Batman, able to formulate a plan before a battle well enough to know to bring whatever he needs to take down superman?

I'm not questioning he uses gadgets, that's fine. But our utility belt represents prep more than anything, since you as the player are prepping based on what you see you're facing.

If he just uses pepper spray and skateboard, just give him pepper spray and skateboard powers (For example)
Old May 8th, 2020, 12:25 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Or an iconic anything else, is quozl's point, I think.
Right. Nobody talks about him because hardly anyone knows he exists. If he preps like Batman, then he preps like Batman, whether people talk about it or not.
We need to answer this first!
Old May 8th, 2020, 12:25 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ah, I see your point now. You could do all sorts of things if you want it more limited. Like choose 4 and then randomly roll for which 2 he gets to have on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 8th, 2020, 12:30 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Ah, I see your point now. You could do all sorts of things if you want it more limited. Like choose 4 and then randomly roll for which 2 he gets to have on him.
Yeah we could do something like that. But still it seems more convoluted and unnecessary than just putting powers directly on a card.

But I guess we should just wait for the Thrasher experts to give some insight. If this guy is a master planner / tactician, then great. I just want to be sure as I don't like throwing more equipment characters around unless it's necessary for the character.
Old May 8th, 2020, 12:50 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I could see changing his Utility Pack to just have a few specific glyphs and nothing else. That way he is not exactly prepping, but still prepared for an assortment of situations.
Old May 8th, 2020, 01:47 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey, New Warriors were big for a few years in the 1990s!

Here's the Wikipedia list of his equipment, with emphasis placed on each item.
Spoiler Alert!

One of his main gimmicks is just always having some toy or gadget shoved in his armor, and when half of those things already exist as Utility Glyphs, I think having him tap into that system makes sense. Like I said, maybe not 3 Glyphs, cause no he's not straight-up as good as Batman. But he's definitely in the same wheelhouse, and I think locking him into just having a skateboard and pepper spray every time doesn't really sell the theme nearly as well. Maybe he can pick glyphs before seeing the enemy army, so it feels like more of an Iron Man style "I brought toys!" than a Batman style "Have a plan to kill everyone you meet?"

It's worth noting that Thrasher is totally an edgy 90s "look at how cool he is!" creation. There's a lot of points where the writers go out of their way to show off how cool and edgy the guy is. He's definitely got limitations and weaknesses (I'd put him on more of a Nightwing level than a Batman level), but he's written as pretty BA for a regular human.
Old May 8th, 2020, 02:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Yeah. I barely see him show up anywhere,
Cuz he's busy prepping, duh.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 8th, 2020, 02:49 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Poor dude was dead for almost 10 years, cut him some slack.
Old May 10th, 2020, 02:03 AM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Hope you didn’t cut yourself too much.
You jinxed me. Got myself good today.
Old May 10th, 2020, 02:32 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
GLYPH OF UTILITY: FIBERGLASS SKATEBOARD

Equipment Glyph
This figure adds 1 to its Move number. At any point before or during their normal move, this figure may subtract 2 from their movement to Jump 1 space. When counting spaces for Jumping movement, ignore elevations. A figure using Jump may move over obstacles such as ruins and may not move more than 4 levels up or down in a single Jump. If the figure is engaged when they start to Jump, they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
This is about what I had for skateboard mechanics. What do you think? It might be tricky to strike a balance where this isn’t better than the Bat-Grapple but also isn’t totally outclassed by it. Maybe only Dedicated Crime Fighters get the movement bonus?
Old May 10th, 2020, 09:38 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't think it should get disengage. If you shoot a grapple in the air and zip away, I see that giving disengage. If you pull out a skateboard, hop on, and push off ... people are gonna get a swing in.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy