Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 22nd, 2021, 07:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Katana (Outsiders) - Final Editing

Would make sense from a mirror match perspective.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 22nd, 2021, 07:58 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

FWIW, we do specific named powers on should be re-usable powers all the time. Not suggesting it's a thing we should encourage, but it feels like that ship sailed long ago. There's already a couple powers that are similar to it that it was modeled after, such as Gorgon's Precognitive Strike.

My logic was if Samurai were to belong to a class, it'd be Warrior. If Martial Artists belonged to a class, it'd be Fighter. So it's just a way of keeping the power centered on those themes, while lessening the wonkiness of all the different versions of sword/martial arts powers we already have and in the future from being excluded. Also makes for bigger inclusions, which actually makes the call out feel more warranted as opposed to the less than 1% of our library that has MMA(I'm counting a mere 6 designs...).
Old April 23rd, 2021, 01:57 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
a > c >>> b

I'd be tempted to MD it and make Iajutsu Strike the thing that gets around it.
I dig what Ronin is laying down here.

Turning Iajutsu Strike into a 'Samurai' keyword could be useful but even if it doesn't amount to anything it's still enough trinket text to let the name stick around.

Could also go with the Honorable personality as the weakness. Like if dudes fight square with her she returns the favor kinda deal.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 23rd, 2021, 09:45 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I don't think we have clarity on where the majority of folks stand, much less everyone. I don't think we've even heard from the majority of Heroes.

Fwiw, I'm ultimately fine with/can see the logic in the MMA call out or in a Fighter/Warrior call out. Both have their gaps and oddities, but can be justified (was honestly fine with Swordplay call out too, under the same logic, but if its inclusion was turning a Hero's stomach, I didn't mind cutting it).

So I guess I'll give a day or two here for folks to chime in with preferences between:

A. Master Martial Arts figures being immune to Iaijutsu

or

B. Fighters and Warriors being immune to Iaijutsu

or

C. No immunity

OK, not much support for A here, so I think that's out.

B has a fair amount of support, makes sense, and is supported by the guy who most plans to reuse this power (Ark). It also would make the inclusion slightly more relevant as it'd trigger for 39 figures (and more coming, I'm sure) as opposed to 1 or 2.

Only 3 Honorable figures, so not sure I really see a point there. And while the mirror match aspect makes sense to me, having it trigger on itself basically means it'll almost never be relevant.

I think having nothing there would be a poor big picture design choice. That we've made those choices before doesn't convince me it'd be a good idea to do it again.

So I'm leaning towards B, and B also seems to have the most support overall. Let me know if there are any strong objections to going B and if there aren't, I'll update for carding later today.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 23rd, 2021, 10:10 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Personally I don't like B at all because it doesn't scan - I got it when Ark explained it, but it didn't really make sense to me before that. And the archetypes it's trying to evoke still aren't the primary ones I associate with those classes. So it's kind of a theme squint for me. Plus the added disadvantage of suddenly becoming hyper relevant if you're up against Luke Cage or whatever.
Old April 23rd, 2021, 10:11 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I just like giving it immunity to itself actually. Basically like not having immunity but keeps the slight tweak so you can use the name.
Old April 23rd, 2021, 10:34 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I could see doing MMA and Iaijutsu. Makes sense to me that they would have to be a master or possess the same skill to counter it.
Old April 23rd, 2021, 11:19 AM

Hmm, so that seems to be Ronin, SW, and Tickle in favor of just referencing itself, and Karat close to that. Seems like we're split between two options, then. I guess let's poll it out for these two versions:

A. Warrior and Fighter immunity
B. Iaijutsu self-immunity

I'm not adding third options because we need to have it narrowed down and need to get to a conclusion here.

Old April 23rd, 2021, 11:24 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

B for sure.

Normally I’d be in favor of removing it entirely but that would need a name change and Bats doesn’t want that so self reference is as close to zero impact as you can get.
Old April 23rd, 2021, 11:26 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Ny main hesitation with Fighter is that it’s primarliy a Marvel/Udon class. We’ve done calloutz to that class on DC cards before (Wildcat, right?) but it does feel a little odd to me.

I guess I’ll go with B with a potential request for a rename for more reusability. I could see Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow having the power, that would be a cool way to represent their rivalry.

EDIT: , but if a rename is out of the picture, my vote still stands.
Old April 23rd, 2021, 12:05 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'd probably drop the immunity. I don't see why it's a big deal. For what it's worth if you didn't know, Shi's "Swift Strike" is intended to be the same sort of Iajutsu strike. I named it as such to be more easily reused. So mirroring that closer might make sense. Iajutsu is a hefty straight upgrade already from what Shi has though, being that it's a lower roll, works on special attacks, and ends the turn. But I'd still drop the immunity and copy Shi's power aside from the couple differences.

Old April 23rd, 2021, 12:50 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

B or no immunity. Fighter/Warrior doesn't work for me. But I'm also pro Master Martial Artist in there so...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library