Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 24th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Mon-El

The Book of Mon-El

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 20
FUTURE VISION

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Superman and the Legion of Superheroes set.
Its model number and name are #005b / Mon-El.

Character Bio - Mon-El is a Daxamite superhero inspired by Superboy. His powers are very similar, although he is vulnerable to lead instead of Kryptonite. Superboy put him in the Phantom Zone when Mon-El was fatally poisoned, and Mon-El stayed there until Brainiac 5 discovered a cure in the 30th Century. This lead Mon-El to become a member of the Legion of Super-Heroes.

When the villain Glorith temporarily erased Superboy from time, Mon-El took his position in history. In this new Glorithverse, Mon-El began his career at L.E.G.I.O.N. with the name of Valor. The Valor legacy made him a religious idol in the future where he arrived. He has also been a member of the Green Lantern Corps and the Justice League. His longest romantic partner is Shadow Lass. During New Krypton, he temporarily replaced Superman as the protector of Metropolis. (DC Database)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Mon-El's Inspirational Valor special power allows him to add to the Attack and Defense numbers of other Legionnaires you control.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Karate Kid's Super Karate makes him a great partner for Mon-El.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:58 PM. Reason: png
Old January 24th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Book of Mon-El (Breathing Period)

NAME = MON-EL
SECRET IDENTITY = LAR GAND

SPECIES = DAXAMITE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = 390

HEAT VISION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 2 + Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 2 attack dice, or 3 attack dice if the chosen figure is an Android or destructible object. For each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling an additional attack die for each additional skull rolled until no skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense normally.

INSPIRATIONAL VALOR
If Mon-El inflicts a wound on an opponent's figure with a normal or special attack, all other Legionnaires you control are considered Inspired for the remainder of the round. Inspired Legionnaires add 1 to their Attack and Defense numbers.

DAXAMITE DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian or Daxamite, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as additional shields.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH

Original Post
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; April 6th, 2019 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Ronin's wording updates
Old January 24th, 2019, 12:04 PM
Just A Head

Okay, here's my initial thoughts;
1.I lowered his life to put him closer to Superboy's level. I'm not against further stat drops, but he is basically a Kryptonian so I want to keep him in that general area.
2. I'm hoping I can get him to 340 so he can be an alternative to Clark in a lot of builds. (That was his role in the comics for a long time too so it fits.)
3. I really want to try to get Daxamite Defense back in there again, if possible. It just feels so thematically correct to me.
4. I believe Spidey was saying he'd want Inspirational Valor to be more like a viking spirit and only apply to one figure. I could see that happening, and it might be a bit OP as is.
5. Lead Antidote might not be 100% thematically accurate. He generally doesn't carry it on him as far as I remember, and only needs to take it every 24 hours. However, I do think the lead weakness is a big thematic element that needs to be covered in some manner. I'm happy with how it works now but I wanted to throw it out there in case it would be a problem.
6. Speaking of Lead Antidote, I'm thinking of dropping it down to 2 wounds instead of 3. Thoughts?

EDIT: There are two Mon-El minis. Ronin has pics of one, but it's the second one I really want. I'll link Ronin's pics for now but I want to change to the other one if I can. I'll see about purchasing it, but I'm not sure yet.
Old January 24th, 2019, 01:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What did you have for Daxamite Defense?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 24th, 2019, 01:16 PM
Just A Head

DAXAMITE DEFENSE
When rolling defense against a normal attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian or Daxamite, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as extra shields.
Old January 24th, 2019, 02:08 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Don't forget to link new design threads in promotions and welcome threads.

I'm not ready to make my own comments, but I will share that @A3n expressed an interest in keeping all Legionairres to 2 powers, except for Ultra Boy. He can speak more on this, but I wanted to share that insight from an earlier conversation.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 24th, 2019, 02:36 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I'll echo Scapey's sharing of A3N's comments. As the primary mastermind behind the Legionnaires we have, I think his comments should carry some extra weight. I think 2 powers would be really nice and fit the aesthetic, but I think 3 is OK if the powers are shorter or familiar. (i.e. Heat Vision SA)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 24th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Agreed. Short and concise or vetted would be best.
Old January 24th, 2019, 04:29 PM
Just A Head

Okay, I'm generally against a hard 2 power limit because I think it won't be the most beneficial thing for every Legionnaire. Ultra Boy is the big one, but there are a few others where I think 2 powers would hold back the design. Also, Superboy has 3 so it's already a rule that's been broken, sort of.

However, if that's the angle everyone wants to go with for Mon-El, what if we ditched Heat Vision and rolled Daxamite Defense and Lead Antidote into a single Daxamite power?
Old January 24th, 2019, 05:36 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I'd roll Daxamite Defense and Lead Antidote into one power. If you riff off of Kryptonian Defense it will feel familiar and still work to make it new. I think the Valor power if made more similar to the Vikings would also feel familiar and then you would be able to get your 3 powers. IMO, no way this card gets 4 powers.
For that combo, maybe something like this:
Quote:
DAXAMITE DEFENSE
When rolling defense against a normal attack from a figure that is not a Kryptonian or Daxamite and within 4 spaces, if at least one shield is rolled, all blanks rolled count as extra shields.
This way most guns (Range 5 or more, or Special Attacks) would still get through his defense.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old January 24th, 2019, 06:19 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

It's not a, he can't have 3 powers, just trying to maintain the aesthetic. Which is to say to keep the number of 3 power designs to a minimum and if there are 3 to keep them fairly simple and concise.

By the way, I'm loving your ideas for simplifying him
Old January 24th, 2019, 08:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
However, if that's the angle everyone wants to go with for Mon-El, what if we ditched Heat Vision and rolled Daxamite Defense and Lead Antidote into a single Daxamite power?
That would've been my suggestion.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library