Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 3rd, 2015, 02:43 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings: Complete?

Ok, I'll take a look at those threads ^^

Though I really think jumping into online heroscape is a bad idea. Maybe later on at the end of this month or something. I'm not a stranger to what competitive gaming is like so I know that going into a more competitive scene with heroscape when I'm still not familiar with more than five of the the C3V units is a bad idea.

I'm still playing with classic heroscape and my own customs at home ^^ so I really have no idea what is available in C3V for the most part yet. I'm slowing getting into all of these customs that I have to learn about now. Which takes a long time, lol, so I'm going to stay in classic/custom boards for a while... online heroscape is really not going to teach me anything at the moment. Thanks for the direction in threads though!
Old January 3rd, 2015, 02:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post

Though I really think jumping into online heroscape is a bad idea. Maybe later on at the end of this month or something. I'm not a stranger to what competitive gaming is like so I know that going into a more competitive scene with heroscape when I'm still not familiar with more than five of the the C3V units is a bad idea.

I'm still playing with classic heroscape and my own customs at home ^^ so I really have no idea what is available in C3V for the most part yet. I'm slowing getting into all of these customs that I have to learn about now. Which takes a long time, lol, so I'm going to stay in classic/custom boards for a while... online heroscape is really not going to teach me anything at the moment. Thanks for the direction in threads though!
Competitive Heroscape is not quite the same as other competitive games. People are usually pretty friendly and willing to help you understand how different armies and stuff work--ESPECIALLY if they know you are a newer player.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 3rd, 2015, 02:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Hello @Shiftrex and welcome to Scapers.

This thread is pretty much outdated in my opinion since most Competitive Heroscape uses C3V units. And the argument going on there is not very constructive honestly.
I recommend you this thread instead. This thread is still "growing" so the conversations going on there are more interesting I think.

I also like this thread, even if he's very outdated, you can have a good overview of the Heroscape metagame.

Like flameslayer I would recommend you to join us in the Online HS community, you can ask for a game in this thread. Getting rekt 2 or 3 times can give you a good overview of what competitive Heroscape is (just joking ).

If you have more specific questions do not hesitate to create a whole new thread for it. Me and other people would be pleased to answer you.
What is this??? Foudzing being friendly?? Here I am trying to neg-rep you for some post somewhere and I keep finding posts to +rep you for! By the time I can do it I'll have forgot!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 3rd, 2015, 03:07 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:

Competitive Heroscape is not quite the same as other competitive games. People are usually pretty friendly and willing to help you understand how different armies and stuff work--ESPECIALLY if they know you are a newer player.
I can't say that I've ever been in a competitive fandom (Magic the Gathering, Super Smash Brothers Melee -west coast-, League of Legends, Pokemon Online Gym Leader for Bulbagarden) that wasn't a least a little friendly and willing to teach or they wouldn't have any new fans at all that being said. Being beaten immediately over and over doesn't teach me much, I really need to learn about the units and become comfortable with them.

I'll look for some games in Online Heroscape eventually but probably not until the end of this month. I'm really more interesting in immersing into the customs instead of showing everyone how bad I am at this game xD Thanks for making me feel welcome though ^^
Old January 3rd, 2015, 06:33 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:

I can't say that I've ever been in a competitive fandom (Magic the Gathering, Super Smash Brothers Melee -west coast-, League of Legends, Pokemon Online Gym Leader for Bulbagarden) that wasn't a least a little friendly and willing to teach or they wouldn't have any new fans at all that being said. Being beaten immediately over and over doesn't teach me much, I really need to learn about the units and become comfortable with them.

I'll look for some games in Online Heroscape eventually but probably not until the end of this month. I'm really more interesting in immersing into the customs instead of showing everyone how bad I am at this game xD Thanks for making me feel welcome though ^^
It could be worse. You could be a really really bad player that just gets really lucky like me.

The nice part about the online play is that (unless you are on the league), you and the other player can still have a friendly game. Friendly games give you more of a chance to learn what works and what doesn't with the more experienced players without it going against any records or having to play the same crummy army 5 times in a row.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 06:50 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Well you know it's like League, playing is the best school. You can read articles and cards but nothing will help you more than playing a game with an experienced player.
I call it "competitive Heroscape" but it's just because it's quite different from your games at home, there is no big prize to win and people don't care much about their rank, it's mostly friendly battles.

Old January 7th, 2015, 02:32 PM

nich535 Woo who?

Put Krug higherrrrrrrrr
Old January 7th, 2015, 02:33 PM

nich535 Woo who?

Make krug higher

Old January 7th, 2015, 03:06 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hi @nich535 and welcome to the site! I assume that your double post was a mistake, but you want to be careful at posting posts with the same general content as a rule.

I hear your call to make Krug a higher ranking, though you aren't really supplying an argument beyond the posted video. Krug is a well loved and still powerful hero but there are many units and builds that he has trouble with, particularly ranged squads can chip through his low defense and whittle his health down. As such he is still good but has some weaknesses that can be exploited that otherwise prevent him from having too high of a ranking.

Do you have further reason for why he should be ranked higher? In general, we appreciate posts that extend conversation instead of a statement and a link to a video created by other users on the site.
Old January 7th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post

This thread is pretty much outdated in my opinion since most Competitive Heroscape uses C3V units. And the argument going on there is not very constructive honestly.
I'm glad you stated that it's your opinion that this thread is outdated. Where do you get the idea that "most Competitive Heroscape uses C3V units, though? We haven't allowed them here in my neck of the woods and I even lobbied for them this year (not that I use them, but for those that do). They still didn't get allowed at our NHSD tourney...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 7th, 2015, 05:54 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met

Is there a serious objection to including VC the specific forums here, as opposed to creating them specifically for VC?
Old January 7th, 2015, 06:02 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Hi @nich535 and welcome to the site! I assume that your double post was a mistake, but you want to be careful at posting posts with the same general content as a rule.

I hear your call to make Krug a higher ranking, though you aren't really supplying an argument beyond the posted video. Krug is a well loved and still powerful hero but there are many units and builds that he has trouble with, particularly ranged squads can chip through his low defense and whittle his health down. As such he is still good but has some weaknesses that can be exploited that otherwise prevent him from having too high of a ranking.

Do you have further reason for why he should be ranked higher? In general, we appreciate posts that extend conversation instead of a statement and a link to a video created by other users on the site.

Krug has 3 defense. That is what will kill him. Even if he is facing a ranged common squad, they will most likely strafe him. (Exception 4th Mass) I think Krug should stay where he is. Ixe has the right reasons why Krug is ranked that way.

Oops, rolled a 1.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion