Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old September 26th, 2022, 02:32 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: NO POSTING - Heroscape 2.0 News from Designers and Staff

Emphasis mine.
Old September 26th, 2022, 09:28 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
The penguin is definitely ranged focused.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth26
Who designed the penguin with a machine gun?
Bill Rawley, Hasbro’s lead designer on Ghostbusters… he couldn’t help himself and started sketching out penguins with machine guns when he heard the myth.
Quote:
Every miniature included in the Haslab initiative will be highlighted on Saturday. You will know exactly what will be included in the offering by the end of the 45 minutes segment.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecna
The statement of seeing all the miniatures being made is very cool, but, will we see any army card on 10/1 or the HasLab?
There will be samples highlighted in the assets on Saturday.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1an
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine, on many occasions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth26, on many occasions
And Valkrill?
Who?
I like Valkrill... but I think the "who" is more of a "better just move on at this point"
It’s a very thoughtful and protracted conversation this community needs to have, but it’s not a discussion for today.
One day he's gonna have to sit us all down and tell us that our dog died
I wish the topic of Valkrill was that simple.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar
If the answer was simply "no more Valkrill", this response wouldn't make sense.
The best solution right now, is just to ice the topic until we can get alittle further down field with the relaunch. He just holds a ton of complicated baggage with him, asymmetrical lore, licensed units.
In other words... No Valkrill in the initial release. Neither in lore nor in gameplay. But the possibility still exists in the long term. Would've been so much easier to just say that from the start.
(This is the first time he's so much as acknowledged Valkrill's possible existence.)
Old September 27th, 2022, 06:53 PM

Why is his name "bookburner"?

Not today's reveal, but a reveal all the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Patrick
You've seen his feet, so no better time than now to see him from the knees up! One of my personal faves.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It
How are Marro escaping their hivemind?
It's a long story, buried DEEP in the reveals, to be told another day.

Last edited by Anitar; September 28th, 2022 at 12:09 PM. Reason: locally hosted image by capsocrates
Old September 27th, 2022, 07:43 PM

Quote:
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 049 – “BETTER TO FIGHT FOR SOMETHING THAN TO LIVE FOR NOTHING.” Extreme ferocity masked behind the calm discipline required to survive another day. Knight Primus Adelbern exemplifies the very training he taught within the Ordo of the Frostclaws. As the very first member of the Frostclaw Paladins to rise to the rank of Knight Primus, Adelbern has displayed his mastery of melee combat on countless battlefields across both Noxdorma and now Valhalla. Pulverizing enemies of the Clockwork Combine with his power maul, Knight Primus Adelbern plows through ranks of combatants almost effortlessly, focusing his primal strength and resolve on targeted leaders of the enemy forces while smashing aside any would-be defenders foolish enough to stand in his path of destruction.

URL for the first one is "Care_Bear_Stare".

Last edited by Anitar; September 28th, 2022 at 12:10 PM.
Old September 28th, 2022, 11:54 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 050 – “A BAD HUNTER CHASES. A GOOD HUNTER WAITS.” The Ordo Borealis are the master hunters and huntresses of the Clockwork Combine, they have tempered the instincts of their species to charge into battle with claws out and teeth revealed. The Ordo tirelessly trains their aspirants in restraint, patience and teamwork to subdue enemies of much greater scale, weakening them from distance with their harpoon canons before their adversaries can close the gap and inflict damage on Jandar’s forces. If their opponents should reach their lines, those same restrained claws and teeth are quick to reveal themselves, presenting the difficult choice of how the Ordo Borealis’ enemies wish to fall in battle on Valhalla. (say it out loud: "Polar Bear Mounted Harpoon Canons" This is why I love this brand.)

The filename for the artwork is "Can_I_Get_One_As_A_Pet"

Quote:
Do I love the Dawnraiders? Yes. I do. I think they are awesome.
--

I just noticed, for the first time, that the Designer's Notes are in *3 digits*. I am now wondering if they will continue past the panel on Saturday. Or perhaps they will just pick them up again when they start teasing the future "seasons" of releases.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; September 28th, 2022 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Thanks for the reminder Anitar
Old September 28th, 2022, 12:09 PM

Note: The Ordo Borealis's file name is "Can_I_Get_One_As_A_Pet". More importantly, though:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth26
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolpat
I’m just hoping Intergalactic Patrick will tell us what time on Saturday we can start throwing money at them for the record breaking.
2:15 ET! Please do.
So wait, the Haslab and the presentation will go live at the same time! Big news!!
Same time!
Haslab goes live during the panel.
At least that's what Pulse is telling me today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper
One of my early designs for the [Dawn Raiders] led to them playing most effectively and easily in a pod. I was not satisfied at all with that experience for them, so changes were made.

Last edited by Anitar; September 28th, 2022 at 06:10 PM. Reason: additional unrelated info
Old September 28th, 2022, 09:05 PM

A strange thing to request, and a strange thing to obsserve.

Someone asked for a uselessly cryptic image, and got exactly that.

Quote:
Note that neither Encarmine nor the CG renders have applied paint to anything; whether or not this is a photo, it shows our new terrain objects as being pre-colored.

Last edited by Anitar; September 30th, 2022 at 12:46 PM. Reason: locally hosted image by capsocrates
Old September 29th, 2022, 02:00 PM

Not today's update.
Quote:
Truthfully, these freak me out. After seeing the sculpts of the Festering Honor Guard, every time I turn on a light at night I am scared that one of these things will jump out of the shadows. Now you can have the same waking nightmare too! You are welcome.
You heard it here first: A Squad of five.

Quote:
Saw this prototype hanging out by themselves, and figured they could use a little company. (Not final and not actual color)

Another context-absent terrain shot, this one showing us just a little bit about the walls.
Quote:
It’s almost amusing how much attention these crops are getting;

Last edited by Anitar; September 30th, 2022 at 12:46 PM. Reason: many locally hosted images by capsocrates
Old September 29th, 2022, 09:32 PM

Today's update. Only one more of these to go before the big reveal.
Quote:
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 051 – “FATE WHISPERS TO THE WARRIOR, ‘YOU CAN NOT WITHSTAND THE STORM’ THE WARRIOR WHISPERS BACK, ‘I AM THE STORM.” Knight Adjutor Oberon is one of the most veteran members of the entire Clockwork Combine, having been on the front lines of Noxdorma when the wars against the Ironclad Collective first began. Oberon is unique among the Combine’s knights, rejecting the disciplined teachings of the Ordos, and instead embracing the primal gifts of his species to make war. Off the battlefield, he is a pragmatist and natural born leader, even a trusted advisor within Jandar’s war council. On the battlefield, he is a whirlwind of utter destruction, with an unpredictable fighting style, few opponents can counter or even survive against. His slashing battle claws are relentless implements of death, and his incredible speed seems almost impossible given his overwhelming size.

Image name is "Some_Must_Be_Warriors".

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfox Invid
Will the bases come with a sticker to match the old patterns for those that don't want to go crazy on basing?
Negative.
Quote:
Tomorrow is not another Clockwork reveal.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott
Encarmine -- will the newScape bases be thin enough to go into Fortress ladder rungs? Will we be seeing ladders in this first batch of newScape?
We are working through "ladder compatibility" on the new bases.

...which from a technical standpoint, is sort of insane.

Last edited by Anitar; September 30th, 2022 at 12:44 PM.
Old September 30th, 2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 052 (Our final post ahead of tomorrow's HASBRO PULSECON panel for Heroscape Age of Annihilation) - I would like to thank this community for its passion and constructive engagement over the last several weeks. This fan community has proven the value of regular and direct fan engagement, for that we are incredibly appreciative and humbled by your reactions to the work thus far. Your energy and feedback has provided the Avalon Hill team strength as we sprinted to October 1st, and given us confidence that what we are creating meets the expectations of our fans. Tomorrow is an incredible opportunity for all of us to return Heroscape to the world, please consider supporting this initiative. I will therefore end our 52 day prelude to the HASLAB campaign, with a concept piece which I consider the most obvious trophy of this community's constructive conversation... enjoy with a smile, and a hope for this brand's future. In addition, to celebrate ahead of tomorrow's event, here are two of the full-color artwork pieces that will bring to life Valhalla on each army card, providing that request so many of you made during these past weeks. THANK YOU HEROSCAPERS.

URL for the Grut war mammoth is "Promises_For_The_Future".
Quote:
Bill Rawley drew this one as well. Your reactions to our Penguin friend inspired Bill to draw up the Grut War Mammoth concept as well. As you can tell, the excitement around the Heroscape relaunch has all of Hasbro electric with enthusiasm.

Courtesy of
, we also have this lovely work of art.

Last edited by Anitar; September 30th, 2022 at 03:08 PM. Reason: many locally hosted images by capsocrates
Old October 1st, 2022, 01:16 PM

A link for you all. The video is here, though the Heroscape segment won't start for another hour.

Old October 1st, 2022, 02:40 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/...nguard-edition

$250, needs 8000 backers for production. There is only one option for buy in, it includes everything. You can buy up to 5 per person.

71 figures, 50 units. 2 are exclusive figures for the Haslab campaign.

74 terrain pieces, looks like is also comes with pieces similar to FotA and TJ. The water will be sparkly. I see Grass, Rock, and Sand.

The SotM heroes are stretch goals and are extras that will be included if they get enough extra backers. we need 16,000 to get them all.

Last edited by Hogg; October 1st, 2022 at 02:57 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion