Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 25th, 2008, 11:55 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: whitestuff's advanced gimpshop tutorial

Never mind, I've given up n GIMP.

Last edited by Einar's puppy; June 25th, 2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old June 25th, 2008, 11:31 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

I made one card, but when I reopened GIMP to make another, the image layers window disappeared, and I can't find it. I need to select the other layers, but I can't figure out how. Can someone help?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

Last edited by Lord Pyre; June 25th, 2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:39 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I made one card, but when I reopened GIMP to make another, the image layers window disappeared, and I can't find it. I need to select the other layers, but I can't figure out how. Can someone help?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.
For anyone else having this problem - Ctrl-L is your answer.
Old July 7th, 2008, 07:51 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

I have a question... You mentioned that you have to buy the font used on the cards. Where exactly do you get that?
Old July 7th, 2008, 11:26 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I have a question... You mentioned that you have to buy the font used on the cards. Where exactly do you get that?
You can find them here...

They sell for $57 each font.

I use 57 condensed, 67 medium condensed and 97 black condensed.

You might be able to find them elsewhere with the help of
Old July 8th, 2008, 12:12 AM
One time at band camp...

Oh, wow, that's a lot for a single font... I thought it'd be a few dollars I could spend to enhance my cards...

Ah, well....
Old July 8th, 2008, 12:16 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Oh, wow, that's a lot for a single font... I thought it'd be a few dollars I could spend to enhance my cards...

Ah, well....
With a little poking around in the seedier parts of the web you might even find it for nothing.

Not that I'd recommend doing that of course...
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:30 AM
One time at band camp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Quote:

Ah, well....
With a little poking around in the seedier parts of the web you might even find it for nothing.

Not that I'd recommend doing that of course...
I never do anything like that, trust me.

*Says the guy who's beaten Chrono Trigger and Earthbound without a Super Nintendo*
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:38 PM

Heroic Monkey is surprisingly tart

Let me start off by saying you did a great job on this tutorial, whitestuff.

For the hitzone section, is there a way to just select the figure and Fill it in with the foreground color (solid red)? All the other tutorials I've read have done this, but I can't seem to do it with this method. My hand isn't very steady, so if I painted it manually it would probably come out sloppy. Is there a solution?

I made another copy of the figure image and changed it from .xcf to a .jpg and opened it with Photoshop. I was able to easily fill the figure in with red and add a green dot, but then it wouldn't let me copy it back over to GIMP.

Last edited by Heroic Monkey; July 18th, 2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old July 19th, 2008, 02:29 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroic Monkey View Post
Let me start off by saying you did a great job on this tutorial, whitestuff.
No problems

Quote:
For the hitzone section, is there a way to just select the figure and Fill it in with the foreground color (solid red)? All the other tutorials I've read have done this, but I can't seem to do it with this method. My hand isn't very steady, so if I painted it manually it would probably come out sloppy. Is there a solution?
You can, I think (but not certain), if you make your selection of the figure and then make a new empty layer. I think that you can them just use the bucket to fill the new layer (at least I'm pretty sure you can in Photoshop...).

However, with the outline of the figure selected (the marching ants around it) you can paint away without worrying about neatness as you won't paint over that selection line.

Quote:
I made another copy of the figure image and changed it from .xcf to a .jpg and opened it with Photoshop. I was able to easily fill the figure in with red and add a green dot, but then it wouldn't let me copy it back over to GIMP.
I actually use photoshop myself and find it better than the GIMP. You can take this tute and apply the same processes in PS and have it work just as well. I even did a Photoshop tute on the silhouette section.
Old July 19th, 2008, 03:12 PM

Heroic Monkey is surprisingly tart

Thanks. I was able to finish my card with your help. Also, it turns out that I was supposed to select my figure with the "select regions by color" tool instead of the "select contiguous regions" tool. I didn't think it would matter since the background was transparent.

Last edited by Heroic Monkey; July 19th, 2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:30 PM

dragonite is surprisingly tart

Do you have to use a Jandar card?

Last edited by dragonite; July 24th, 2008 at 10:26 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards