Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 8th, 2007, 11:29 AM

VValker Woo who?
Bonus points for army comp.

I did a search and could not find anything so if this has been covered... sorry

The question is has there been any discussion on awarding bonus victory points in a tournament if your army was all from one faction.
Or maybe a penalty for having a units from a bunch of different factions.
Old April 8th, 2007, 11:57 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
I suppose it would depend on the amount of points given. I would think Vydar could make a heinous army if it were given enough points to field glads/blasts, laglor and Q9. That scares me a bit....

Maybe armies of all the same race too? A Soulborg, Human or Marro army could be awarded extra points. I'm sure a tourney could be constructed that way.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 8th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
In a tournament situation I could see this as a vote made by the players themselves. Essentially what you do is have each player write the name of his opponent for each game he plays. When the tourney is over each player circles the name of the player who he feels had the best army composition. Total up the votes and the person with the most gets a prize etc.. So If you don't like Q9 and think he is cheesy then don't vote for anybody who used him in their army etc..

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old April 9th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I really like that idea, we have extra prizes at the tourneys, so they would get given out as awards verses the random D20 rolls and the highest gets the prize for the extra prizes.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I really like that idea, we have extra prizes at the tourneys, so they would get given out as awards verses the random D20 rolls and the highest gets the prize for the extra prizes.

Sleeps with Monkeys

Old April 17th, 2007, 12:32 PM

WBDH has disabled reputation
the post so nice it was said thrice.

in casual play if we want to speed up draft my friends and i will each roll a d20 and highest picks the general. we then draft straight general. you get the think through of a normal draft, a dash of suprise (will he choose kravs or nakitas? oh my!) and you can shave some minutes off the process and generally see combos you might not otherwise consider.
Old April 17th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Yea we almost always play a general battle if there is anyone half ways new playing with us... and often times if it's a 1 on 1 battle of veterans we'll play a Double General Battle.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old April 17th, 2007, 02:00 PM

WBDH has disabled reputation
related question: when i play four man scenarios, i'll often play staright generals two on two: do you allow army bonuses to activate even when your friendly player has oppsoing personalities etc.?

ex: my friend and i are playing marro and jandar: does his army futz with my valiance?
Old April 17th, 2007, 03:28 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBDH
related question: when i play four man scenarios, i'll often play staright generals two on two: do you allow army bonuses to activate even when your friendly player has oppsoing personalities etc.?

ex: my friend and i are playing marro and jandar: does his army futz with my valiance?
Nope they do a very good job of distinguishing when a power is only yours and when it affects teammates.

Quote:
Valiant Army Defense Bonus
If every Army Card you control has a valiant personality, each soldier in the 4th Massachusetts Line receives 1 additional defense die.
You do not control your teammate's army, so you are fine. If the power said "If all friendly units have a valiant personality" then you'd have some problems.

You control = Yours and only yours
Friendly = Yours and all your allies

The best example is the Defensive Auras for Thorgrim and Raelin.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old April 29th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

sorry for the triple post!

This thread got me thinking of my tourney in Oct.,

if you take all 1 army you get extra pts. ( a 425 pt tourney, 435 if you have a flagbearer, 450 if you have a flagbearer and everyone is from the same general).

The thing is , eveyone would pick Vydar I have a feeling

I also thought of having a tourney where you would have to have someone from all 5 generals in your army.

Having a all one general army I think is a great idea, but since range rules I have a feeling you would end up with almost all Vydar armies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion