Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 9th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Tavern

Nukatha walks into the old place, its been boarded up for years. Today, however, it the door was unlocked and wide open.

The chairs, and tables are covered in dust, but the floor and counter had been swept, and the glasses were all as clean as they could be.
The air was musty, but it had a familiar scent. Even after all this time, the Tavern still felt like home.

On the wall still hang the old shelf holding the discoveries of Zanafor, a portrait of Santa Krug, Big Green, the mother of all maps, and a map of the cruel Mystwar battleground.

Many memories were made here, friends have come and gone, some forever, and others for a time, and some may yet return.

Nukatha notices the old barkeep, smiling at him jovially as though the place had never closed.
"What'll it be?"

"The usual."

Tavern Rules:
1.The tavern is a place for conversation in a light RP environment. Enjoy!
2. Post as your own character, all details of said character are up to you. I recommend you character's common name be your username to make things simple.
3. No single person plays the bartender. You may have him respond to your own inquiries as you desire. He wants his tavern to be the best gathering place for wearied souls around. He keeps his glasses, steins, and counter clean, his stores of spirits are fully stocked, and he's working on refurbishing the place since it was severely damaged several years ago. He's an amiable fellow, and will get along with most others.
4. If a Bar fight occurs, the involved parties must clean up after themselves. The bartender does not approve of such fighting, but knows that it will happen.
5. Outside forces should not attack the Tavern.
6. The name of the tavern is 'The Tavern'.

Nukatha is Spartacus...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE

Last edited by Nukatha; January 17th, 2015 at 02:19 AM.
Old January 10th, 2015, 12:06 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death!
Re: The Tavern

In a dark corner, prostrate under a table on the floor, lay a large, vaguely humanoid shape. Stirring at the sound of the opening door the dust covered lump slowly turned it's head.

"Grishnakh no dis place open again. Dat why Grishnakh never leave."

My Custom Terrain Thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=448
My tribute site to TFT/Melee & Wizards: http://www.meleewizards.com/
Old January 10th, 2015, 12:15 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun

The dusty character picks his head up from the bar. He wipes the old drool off his face and grasps his shot glass.

"erm.. wha? Wow, finally someone other than me decided to show up. How are ya', partner?"

The younger fellow reaches out his hand, in a greeting manner.

W
Old January 10th, 2015, 09:43 AM

Owlman is surprisingly tart

A detachment of Gruts and Marro Warriors approached the old tavern. Their leader, the black knight known as Sir Hawthorne, held up his armored gauntlet for silence. The rowdy crowd obeyed immediately. None wished to risk the wrath of the fearsome, armored warrior clad in black. After a few seconds, he motioned a Marro to his side.

"Ba-tuk-ra, open yonder door, and scout the premises therein. I wish us not to wander into an ambush."

The Marro gulped visibly, and clicked its tongue in apprehension. Hawthorne drew his blade.

"Must I convince thee further, foul creature? Forward." The knight's voice radiated calm, yet all present knew he wasn't bluffing.

Ba-tuk-ra shook his head, and quickly stepped forward. He carefully turned the handle to the door, and jumped back a step as it creaked on its hinges. The crowd of Orcs and Marro laughed and jeered, and the jumpy Marro glared at them. He readied his plasma rifle, and stepped inside the decrepit building...

Be polite: Don't tell other people not to put politics or religion in their signature
Old January 10th, 2015, 10:24 AM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A middle aged man suddenly appears in the corner. He's asleep and an oddly shimmering cloak by his side. Suddenly he snorts and jerks awake.

Snzzzk-! Huh? Whu? What's happening?

He says groggily and begins to wake up properly.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old January 10th, 2015, 12:03 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

A dark clad figure turns from his drink at the bar, his black robes seem to whisper secrets with every motion he takes. The air about him is thick, as if covered by a blanket, and he radiates a fear about him, a fear that only the bravest can bear.

He mutters something intelligible, as if speaking to some unseen creature. Upon the arrival of the marro, a gust of wind surges through the tavern, casting back the hood that shrouds the figure's face -- it is all too plain to see, that this is a dark elf.
Old January 10th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death!

Grishnakh moans, recalling past times in the tavern. Drunken brawls, post parties with a slew of bar maids, beer, the wooden beams of the ceiling falling on his head. Grishnakh grunts once and passes out, face down on the beer soaked floor. A patron sitting in the corner would later recall that he thought he heard the large Orc say something to the effect of "Oh no, not again".

My Custom Terrain Thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=448
My tribute site to TFT/Melee & Wizards: http://www.meleewizards.com/
Old January 10th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Slim Jack faces the nearly empty tavern, grabs up a filthy rag that lays where he left it crumpled. He leans over and spits upon the counter and begins wiping with deep-rooted motion, scanning the couple of remaining occupants. It's late and most of the regulars had stumbled home years ago. This leaves only the hardcore drinkers. Incoherently telling each other loud and obnoxious jokes where they all squat at the far end of the bar. Slim Jack had ceased to clean, sightless, lost in one of those dark corners of the mind.
The tavern's door opens with its long telling whoosh of night air rushing in. Silhouetted against the night stood a robed figure of good height. The patrons took notice but turned back to their ramblings with out pause. These were troubled times and no one wanted trouble. Slim Jack found himself suddenly busy, the bar needed scrubbing and the mugs arranged.
Outside a rogue Tornado sweeps away the Marro and Orcs.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 10th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

A lean man in a weather-stained coat leans against the bar, his wide-brimmed hat sitting askew over an easy smile. "Two mugs of your finest ale," he calls to the barkeep, plucking a coin from his belt. Eyeing the groaning Orc beneath a nearby table, he adds, "and a bucket of cold water, if it please you, good sir."
Old January 10th, 2015, 01:48 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

The police come in, asking for ID's.

Welcome back Nukatha!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; January 10th, 2015 at 01:50 PM. Reason: VPD only enforces 20% of Valhalla.
Old January 10th, 2015, 02:45 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

The elf rolls his eyes at the sight of the orc tumbling earthward, "And to think, in ages past, we were both spawned from the same god." He snorts, and takes a sip from his mug. "Perhaps his brain will serve well in my studies, I don't suppose he will miss it as it t'would appear that he never uses it anyway." He sighs, caressing the brim of his mug with his delicate, dark fingers.
Old January 10th, 2015, 04:07 PM

Owlman is surprisingly tart

Owlman turned his head as the Marro warily approached his table. He took a swig of beer (root), and set his mug upon the table.

"You lookin' for somebody, pal?" he asked.

The Marro clicked something, and his face grew smaller, as if he was concentrating.

"Grjk jck bah tckk ga!"

Owlman raised his eyebrow.

"Yeah, sorry buddy, but I don't speak Marro-ese". Feel free to sit down, and take a load off. From what I hear, the war's been put on standby, thanks to Drake and his motley crew. I heard they assassinated Cyprien Esenwein himself, at the Rock of Ages, near the Durgeth Swamp. Looks like Utgar has to find himself another general to command his legions of horror freaks."

At this, the Marro bristled, and raised his plasma rifle angrily.

"Jrak grrk hbok nok kraa!" he clicked angrily.

Owlman took another swig from his mug, then raised his hands in an attempt to calm the skeletal creature down.

"Relax there, Jack Skellington. Your team took a hit. It happens. Just because Jandar's side won the battle, doesn't mean we won the war."

The Marro lowered his rifle, looking slightly unsure of himself.

Owlman took another drink, then winked at the Marro. Y'know, it's funny...I don't know half of your kind half as well as I would like, and I like less than half of you, half as well as you deserve."

Now the hapless Marro looked completely confused. He clicked his tongue in response.

"Erggk jahgk, kre gok ta bak...?"

Owlman took one final swig of his beer-root, and set his mug down for the final time.

"Yeah, whatever you say, fella'...Oh, and one last thing..."

Owlman motioned for the Marro to bring his head close to his ear.

The Marro cautiously came nearer, lowering his head.

Owlman whispered, "Crk'tak ma su'jand'ma..."

Before the Marro could react, Owlman grabbed him, putting him in the sleeper hold. A few seconds later, the Marro went limp, out cold, but alive. Owlman sat him at the table, placed his empty beer mug in its hand, and rose to leave. As he rose, a fellow Tavern occupant asked what it was that he whispered into the Marro's ear. Owlman replied:

"Long live Jandar."

At that, Owlman calmly took his trench coat from the rack, placed it over his shoulder, and strolled out the back door.

Be polite: Don't tell other people not to put politics or religion in their signature

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General