Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 21st, 2012, 10:33 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker
That dreaded sound *snap*

Okay, I am having the worst of luck. As a few of you may have read I recently got back the game after being a long time player (got my first master set the first Christmas it came out). After playing the game for how many years and never having any problems with terrain breaking on me my luck has finally ended. Within the past week and a half I have broken two water tiles while taking apart two different maps and tonight out of boredom I set up the aarglynn (spelling?) official battlefield just to look at it and I broke, not only one, but two ladder pieces. This really frustrates me. Has anyone else had problems with terrain breaking?

edit: the other ironic thing about this is when I got my original set I was in like 4th grade. I am now a junior in highschool and now I decide to start breaking pieces apart

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12
Old October 21st, 2012, 10:48 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: That dreaded sound *snap*

I've never had a terrain piece break before, and I'm not the gentlest with it. I've heard of ladder pieces breaking before (they're cheap, thankfully!), but I've not heard of water tiles breaking. Maybe it's something to do with the temperature at which you store it or something?
Old October 21st, 2012, 10:49 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No idea if this is why what happened to you happened or not, but was your terrain stored anywhere in those years that extreme climate may have affected the plastic? (Like in an attic that gets really hot during the summer and really cold during the winter?)

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 21st, 2012, 10:55 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

I've been there. Just a couple months ago I had my lava set stacked up in a brick on the floor and accidentally tripped over it while walking backwards and broke a single hex tile and a lava piece . It was one of the more tramatic experiences of my summer vacation
Old October 21st, 2012, 10:58 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've had similar problems with 2 of my water pieces. Do yours break at the corners? Both of mine have broken at the corners, I don't really know the reason though.
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:00 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
No idea if this is why what happened to you happened or not, but was your terrain stored anywhere in those years that extreme climate may have affected the plastic? (Like in an attic that gets really hot during the summer and really cold during the winter?)
I suppose my basement could be considered cold in the winter. I actually thought that could be part of it. The corners of the water tiles just got stuck to a 24 hex piece and broke the end off.

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:03 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
I've been there. Just a couple months ago I had my lava set stacked up in a brick on the floor and accidentally tripped over it while walking backwards and broke a single hex tile and a lava piece . It was one of the more tramatic experiences of my summer vacation
That must have burned, huh?

I have had a couple water tiles and a seven-hexer break on me before, and one of my 24 hex grass tiles has a soft spot in the center.
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:10 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

None of my terrain's broken before, though I think one of my Ladder Pieces is on the fragile side.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; October 21st, 2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:28 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The ladder pieces are very susceptible breakage as they become brittle with time.

I recently had a water tile break - my first. Probably about the temperature shift.

You can buy individual pieces pretty cheaply from Auggies, if it bothers you to be short.
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:36 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

we buy all our terrain from ebay. We have bought at least 12 sets or so and have different sellers for just about each one. I have had the misfortune to buy whole sets like this. Luckily for us we have got our money back, but it never addressed the real problem. Why should some terrain come from some buyers and be totally brittle and shatter at the slightest touch. I'm talking totally unusable terrain pieces. My guess was always related to how they are stored. Plastics can plasticize in a variety of environments. exposure to alcohol, direct sunlight, extreme cold or heat. I'm thinking that age is probably the most determinate factor though. If you ever figure it out I'm eager to hear about it. I just superglue them back together and paint them as a custom so that you cant tell. They will still break again though if you don't find a better use for them. Sometimes we will take a broken water or two and just glue it in the center of 6 other good waters to make a small per-assembled lake. That way it never has pressure on it anymore.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:45 PM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla heroscaper2010 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have my terrain stored in plastic drawers (sorted by type), and I pulled one of them out once. Well, I was building a map, and forgot I had that drawer to the left of me. I get up, step to my left and right into the drawer...breaking 2 sand pieces at the corners. Oh well, what can you do? Besides being less lazy...

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:46 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
That must have burned, huh?

I have had a couple water tiles and a seven-hexer break on me before, and one of my 24 hex grass tiles has a soft spot in the center.

Yea, it did, but the worst part was getting grounded for a week for swearing in front of my dad.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion