Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old February 1st, 2012, 05:07 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Monthly HeroSkype Skirmish

Here is my idea to create a monthly HeroSkype tournament for people (like me) who don't have the ability to go to normal tournaments with other people. It would also be a tournament that could be finished in a day, rather then taking several weeks to complete. The other beauty of this tournament would be the ability to mix up the type of armies/maps allowed. For example; The first tournament could have a mix of Classic and C3V/SoV with maps in the BoV, Classic, or Custom Maps section of the HeroSkype Map thread. The second could have a mix of Marvel and C3G with maps in the Marvel sub-section or the C3G map section of the HeroSkype Map thread. The third could be a mix of Classic and HoSS figures, with any map allowed, etc. Also, every month a new person would direct it, so their would only be one month out of the year that someone could not play in this tournament.

If their is enough interest in this then I will set up a month-by-month schedule for the army mixes allowed. The directors for the diferent months, however, will dictate which day/week to hold the tournament in, what maps to use, point size for armies and what glyphs will be in the glyph pool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maps to be used:
Spoiler Alert!

People playing this month:
Spoiler Alert!

Glyph Pool:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Restrictions (What figures are eligable and the point size required for armies):
Spoiler Alert!

The tournament will be comprised of 8 people who will play three rounds of Swiss. After you have signed up, you will need to pm me your army and I will assign you an opponent. You will need: Filthy's HeroSkype Application and if you are new to HeroSkype: Griffins HeroSkype Instruction thread.

Last edited by Fi Skirata; February 3rd, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Monthly HeroSkype Skirmish

Reserved!
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Please count me in, although I must admit that completing an online tournament in a day will be a definite challenge. A week could be doable and a bit more realistic.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:03 PM

See, I was thinking that round one would be played from 10:00 A.M-12:00 P.M. with a one hour break, and then round two and condolence round from 1:00 P.M.-3:00 P.M., then Round three would go from 3:00 P.M.-5:00 P.M. Everyone would post the results of their battles as soon as they complete them, and to make sure everyone stays on track, if the round has ended (the main 'rounds' for the tournament, not a round in the game) , and neither of the two opponents had won yet, then they will use Swiss scoring to see who won.

Also, thanks for being the first to sign up, as such, do you have a map you would like to have on the list?
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Honestly... I just don't think this is a realistic model for online play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Clerics in D&D are not adept at fighting.

Online Heroscape!
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:51 PM

I was basing this off of my own experience, all of the games I played seemed to be mostly, if not over after two and a half hours, with the exception of my game with Izner, which was because of a standoff between DW9000 and Agent Carr. I could however, change the time table to so, though it leaves less time for a break, or I could eliminate the break altogether.

Round 1: 9:30-12:00.
Break: 12:00-12:30.
Round 2: 12:30-3:00.
Break: 3:00-3:30
Round 3: 3:30-6:00.

Or, without the break.

Round 1: 9:30-12:15.
Round 2: 12:15-3:00.
Round 3: 3:00-5:45.

I don't want it to start any earlier, and it cannot end any latter then 6:00 P.M. Eastern time. Which timeframe do you think works better (the second version adds +45 minutes to each match compared to the original time, while the first version only adds +30 minutes to each match compared to the original time).

Last edited by Fi Skirata; February 2nd, 2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 07:05 PM

Added maps.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 07:18 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death!

Seems long for one day online. Plus, I like building physical maps, so unless you play the same map for all games, building and taking down three maps (or even having them already built earlier in the week) is near impossible for one day.

Maybe my bias is I'd rather play 2 real game games in 2-3 hours than one online game, and on Saturdays I have the option to do this. Good luck with it, it is just not the way I would play. My suggestions (take it or leave it):
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I'd like to see one "league" where some people can play weekly and others can ad-hoc join various weeks. The only issue is that people would have to give a weeks notice and that matches could not be set more than one week in advance. This could kinda be like Rolling Rumble in an online format where matchups are done kinda on-the-fly, and you would have to change the methods to do rankings, which I guess is best at:
  1. Wins-Loss
  2. Winning %
  3. SOS based on opponent's total Win-Loss record
Putting Win-Loss ranked first gives an edge to those who play more games than if wining % was ranked higher. However, having a different format/map/etc each week assures no one can play more than once a week, but encourages people who can only play some weeks to be able to play every now and then. Also, if for some reason 2 players have to postpone their game, they don't have to hold up everyone else and can just do it the next week, either in the originally planned week's format, or in the format for the week they actually play the game.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 07:19 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Although my online scaping experience has been through facebook, I must admit my games tend to last at least 3 hours. And that doesn't even include set-up time. Either we're slow or we just have too much chatter, mistakes, etc.

I'd join, but I'm too casual and I'd probably never get a game finished, so sorry.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; February 2nd, 2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: What we need is a thread for just single games, no league, no tourney, just single rounds...
Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
What we need is a thread for just single games, no league, no tourney, just single rounds...
Try here for some individual matches: Izner's HeroSkype Match thread.

As far as the time for setting up the next map, how does this timetable look.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:22 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
Quote:
What we need is a thread for just single games, no league, no tourney, just single rounds...
Try here for some individual matches: Izner's HeroSkype Match thread.
Never noticed that...
There shouldn't be much reason to SEARCH if your looking at the forums daily...
Quote:
As far as the time for setting up the next map, how does this timetable look.
30 minutes to tear down a map, and put another one up...that seems like too little time for someone who dumps all of their terrain into various boxes...

But for most of the folks here, I doubt it's a big deal.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 04:57 PM

Added Glyph list.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events