Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old October 9th, 2006, 02:44 PM

Pattar007 has disabled reputation
Heroscape on TV & in Print

I was channel surfing this morning. I passed trough Cartoon Network, and this commercial for Heroscape popped up. It showed some clips from the official site, and showed someone building a field. Overall it was pretty corny. Has anyone seen anything like this

<edit from Bunjee - post your Heroscape TV and Print sightings here. Commercials, in episode product placement, newspaper, magazine, and mailers>

Old October 9th, 2006, 02:50 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
Yes and this is the 2nd year I have seen it. I think they show the commercial each time they are releasing something new.....but I could be wrong?!

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old October 9th, 2006, 02:50 PM

HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I want to know how to get HeroSpace incorporated into SOUTH PARK like the World of Warcraft integration in last week's SOUTH PARK episode.
Old October 9th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMouseGames
I want to know how to get HeroSpace incorporated into SOUTH PARK like the World of Warcraft integration in last week's SOUTH PARK episode.
That would be awesome Kenny versus Grimnak

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old October 9th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
... like the World of Warcraft integration in last week's SOUTH PARK episode.
That episode was hilarious! Oh man... I'm not a big South Park fan, but I watched that one on YouTube.com, and I was rolling.

.:: .H3X. | Click here to check out bloggy goodness! :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old October 9th, 2006, 03:32 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Well, World of Warcraft currently has over 6 million subscribers. That's somewhere around the population of a small nation. I think if that many people played Heroscape, it would probably end up on South Park too.
Old October 9th, 2006, 05:58 PM

jlo Woo who?
wife and kids

My wife told me that her and my kids were watching tv yesterday morning and they saw the commercial. The kids thought it was pretty cool because they enjoy playing the game too (they're 4 and 6).
Old October 9th, 2006, 06:05 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMouseGames
OMG you saw that too!!! Funniest thing I've ever seen
Old October 9th, 2006, 06:47 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Well, World of Warcraft currently has over 6 million subscribers. That's somewhere around the population of a small nation. I think if that many people played Heroscape, it would probably end up on South Park too.
All you need to do is get Trey Parker and the other South Park fella to play Heroscape, see how good it is, get completely addicted to it, then put it into South Park. On the other hand, if they have Heroscape revealed to them, get TOO addicted to it, then there might not be any more episodes of South Park period, because they are too busy playing 'Scape. Oh, then futility of the situation.....
Old October 9th, 2006, 07:14 PM

dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby!
I'm posting this as I watch the commercial. Heroscape needs a better one. One that tells about more expansions then the master set.

Currently Sigless.
Gotta Go to the Sig Bank.
Old October 9th, 2006, 07:19 PM

fejkl Woo who?
My wife watches Wife Swap. The other day, the so-called weird family had a Heroscape map set up on their coffee table. Later on, as the new wife "cleansed" the house, they showed them putting map pieces in the drawer of an end table. We were somewhat surprised by that.
Old October 9th, 2006, 07:34 PM

HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What if Hasbro did something like Chevrolet is doing for their SuperBowl ads? Invite college kids (or anybody, for that matter) to create their commercials. What's the risk? You have a whole population of gamers using their talents FOR FREE to design ads. Then Hasbro chooses the ones they like best. Sounds like WIN-WIN to me!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News