Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old March 6th, 2019, 05:24 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Doctor Who's villains are one of the best parts. His rogue's gallery isn't quite on par with Batman's, but it's probably in the next tier, IMO.

But, yeah, I think the results speak for themselves: opening the project up a bit has brought a ton of new energy and joy to it. And that's what it's all about.

And, as I've said before, I honestly think there'd be at least a C3G Darth Vader and Yoda and Luke Skywalker by now if HOSS didn't have it so aptly covered.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 6th, 2019, 05:24 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

You're not a serious superhero unless you wear your undies on the outside and punch clowns.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Wave 28 - Marvel Cosmic)
Old March 6th, 2019, 05:26 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I guess I just basically see Doctor Who as a superhero show in everything but name. It's about a strong central protagonist who uses their beyond-human abilities (mainly their intelligence and advanced equipment) to defeat a variety of evil villains. He doesn't wear tights, but each incarnation usually sticks to one iconic outfit/costume. The only big difference to me is that the Doctor usually solves problems with intelligence and tries to avoid violence, unlike your traditional superhero.
This description makes me think Sci-Fi Sherlock Holmes, more than Superhero. I'll point to the lack of a Detective Batman as an argument that this is more of a skirmish game than a "solve mysteries" game. While the 12 year old that still lives inside my heart loves the idea of adding Scooby Do and the gang, I'm not sure how they would actually function on the map, since they never really used fisticuffs or fought.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
Old March 6th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yeah, honestly, at this stage, I'm more likely to be intrigued by a design that isn't one of th Big Two - Marvel/DC is starting to get a bit stale, mostly, at this point.

Plus, 'Superhero' is frankly a broad and almost meaningless category. I mean, think about it, the Guardians of the Galaxy don't exactly fit the obvious definition of 'superhero'. Nor does someone like Thor, for that matter.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old March 6th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
You're not a serious superhero unless you wear your undies on the outside and punch clowns.
There's no way that doesn't apply to at least one anime character.

I think with Anime it's just a bias towards a Western aesthetic due to the shared background of the majority of the project's creators and members. I expect that to shift over time as those who grew up with Anime and Manga continue to grow in their roles in the group and more of us old fogies who just aren't that interested in all of that fade away.

No problem with Anime/Manga myself, just not interested in it.

Old March 6th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:

I think with Anime it's just a bias towards a Western aesthetic due to the shared background of the majority of the project's creators and members. I expect that to shift over time as those who grew up with Anime and Manga continue to grow in their roles in the group and more of us old fogies who just aren't that interested in all of that fade away.

That's pretty much my stance. I'm not personally interested, but it would feel disingenuous to veto it, IMO.

- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old March 6th, 2019, 05:33 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

A good reason for me to be glad not to have a vote.

Old March 6th, 2019, 05:34 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

See anime is another one that varies. Like, My Hero Academia - sure, they're just superheroes. One Punch Man, same thing.

But can you do Dragon Ball Z justice without a fleshed out transformation system? Shonen manga run on a different fundamental logic than western superheroes. So much of our terminology, our classes, our "basic" powers and shared mechanics... they all hinge on those fundamentals.

A shared system for DBZ/Naruto/One Piece/all those other hot blooded Shonen Jump series would be so much more elegant than trying to Frankenstein them into ours.
Old March 6th, 2019, 05:34 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Quote:

That's pretty much my stance. I'm not personally interested, but it would feel disingenuous to veto it, IMO.
I mean, I think a few licences could be veted and possibly accepted but I have a problem with the ridiculousness of some of those things, Dragon Ball and One Punch Man chief among them. If a franchise can't even take itself seriously then why should we.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

Old March 6th, 2019, 05:36 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I mean, I think a few licences could be veted and possibly accepted but I have a problem with the ridiculousness of some of those things, Dragon Ball and One Punch Man chief among them. If a franchise can't even take itself seriously then why should we.
Sorry Squirrel Girl and Deadpool, you’re out.
Old March 6th, 2019, 05:38 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

There goes my hope of Bat-Mite!

Old March 6th, 2019, 05:39 PM
Not Citrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry Squirrel Girl and Deadpool, you’re out.
Yeah, I'm with Mr.Nobody on this one. We've already embraced ridiculousness, many, many times, and will continue to do so - we are continuing to do so, right now. There's a character who's about to hit Playtesting in 2.5 second whose entire concept and world is, from the ground up, built on not taking itself seriously.

- Suicidium Scourge
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project