Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 11th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: NM24 - Process

Let's all get stoned

~Aldin, who didn't mean that at all like it sounded

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:44 AM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Let's all get stoned

~Aldin, who didn't mean that at all like it sounded
What did it sound like?

Spoiler Alert!

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 53 - ARKHAM UNLEASHED
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:17 AM

Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby!

Master Tang's Comic Customs
Most Recent Custom: 7/10 Hand Ninja & Karate Kid
Master Tang's Comics & Gaming Blog Update 7/30
MASTER TANG - An Honored Ally of C3G

Old May 12th, 2010, 03:16 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

That's a rock-solid 4 , so who's next?
Old May 17th, 2010, 10:24 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm just curious as to whats going on with the next figure. I can't think of a time that I have seen this thread dormant for so long.
Old May 17th, 2010, 10:52 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I've already PM'd artemiscorso to remind him to pick the next contestant.
Old May 17th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby! badgermaniac rolls all skulls baby!

Hey PMed me with the nomination of my Starfox card:

What is interesting is that I have made no secret about my general dislike of him as a character. He was basically a guy that nobody else had done and being an Avenger, I figured if I didn't do him, nobody would.

That being said, his "stimulation of the pleasure centers of the brain" could lead to an interesting HS game mechanic.

For those that don't know about him, he is Thanos' brother, but basically the opposite in terms of temperamant/loyalty. He is basically a free-wheeling womanizer who is pretty care-free about everything.

He fought a lot for the Avengers against Thanos and the other "space" characters: Nebula, Annihiilus, etc.

His main powers (that I tried to represent) include a very strong physiology that makes him very tough in close combat. However, he is vulnerable to weapons such as bullets or arrows.

Offensively, his main "attack" is to psionically attack the brain of his opponent, basically turning them all mooshy-gooshy with pleasure and leaving them unable to fight. I choose to represent that with his OM removal power.

While I think both of his powers (as listed) are generally thematic, I am very open to alternate/creative interpretations as to how they could be portrayed.

Last edited by badgermaniac; May 18th, 2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old May 18th, 2010, 04:36 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm a little nervous about his lover not a fighter 12 power. Isn't that a little low to remove all order markers on a card? I mean granted generally you'll get 1 mabey 2 off a card but what about when someone has an army that bonds? If they put all of thier OMs on the bond activater (which I have been known to do) you can wipe out thier entire turn on a roll of 12, not to mention even rolling 12 and getting 2 OMs is still a little strong IMHO. Other then that I like the card.
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:37 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
I'm a little nervous about his lover not a fighter 12 power. Isn't that a little low to remove all order markers on a card? I mean granted generally you'll get 1 mabey 2 off a card but what about when someone has an army that bonds? If they put all of thier OMs on the bond activater (which I have been known to do) you can wipe out thier entire turn on a roll of 12, not to mention even rolling 12 and getting 2 OMs is still a little strong IMHO. Other then that I like the card.
Well, it's pretty much a tweaked version of Dund's power; it has a 20% better chance of working then Dund's, but has one less range and can only target Unique Heroes, as opposed to Dund who can target anyone. It's certainly a dangerous ability in Superscape, but I dunno if I'd call it gamebreaking or anything. Considering his stats, it seems to make up a good chunk of his point cost, which I could see going higher because of this power, but it's certainly cost-able.
Old May 18th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm with badgermaniac - Starfox is one of my least favorite "heroes". Narcisstic egotistical sexual predator

On to the card though. LnaF is certainly his iconic ability. EP I'm having a harder time understanding. Why does it make him more vulnerable to range? I don't really have a problem with some version of "tough" for him, I simply can't follow what this particular version is supposed to represent. Also, shouldn't he, like Thanos, have a ranged attack (and should Thanos specifically or Eternals generally be immune to LnaF)?

If you wanted to go a different direction, he could have some version of mind control - either temporary like Doom or permanent like Ne Gok Sa. Heck, you could keep LnaF and ADD a Doom-like mind control if you wanted to drop EP (adding some defense/life).

~Aldin, conceptually

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 18th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Each battle force in any good tactics game should force the opponent to adapt to new game mechanics. If you had a bunch of squads huddled in your start zone and I drafted Zelrig, the first thing you should do is spread them out. Just like if you brought bonding units in hopes of having easy OM placement for a game, and Badger drafted Starfox, you should realize the threat and adapt by changing your strategy and spread your OMs out until Starfox is no longer a threat. It isn't game braking, just game challenging. Remember, a good Army/player can adapt to his enemy, while boxed in thinking will get you killed.

~ Griffin, Sensei-like
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:35 PM
The Closer

OK first off I didn't say it was gamebreaking. And yes Griff I agree that you should be able to adapt. I was just a little concerned about how low the number needed is, but if no one else is then thats fine. As far as a ranged attack on him I honestly can't remember if he attacks from range or not. I'll add to the not my fave Avenger posts since I really don't like him. After spellchecking this I noticed something, I think someone added Griff to the spellchecker because it didn't question me about it. So what do you think about that Griff, you are now an official word on the site

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations