Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old April 18th, 2008, 02:59 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Lightbulb Suggestion for Map Software

I have my collection sorted by hex size and color. When I'm preparing maps for a tournament I print out the maps from the file section and count all the pieces used to make that particular map. Then I have XXXLarge Ziplock bags, one for each copy of the map, and I look at my part list and grab so many green 7-hexers and put them in bag 1, repeat for bag 2 and maybe even bag 3. Repeat for each of the different parts.

What would be wonderfully helpful is if the pdfs of the maps could include a parts list. Saying what sets are necessary is nice, and a great way to know whether or not I'm capable of producing the number of potential maps at a glance, but this parts list idea would be even more of a help, especially since I've shorted myself on more than one occasion.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old April 18th, 2008, 03:30 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Suggestion for Map Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej View Post
I have my collection sorted by hex size and color. When I'm preparing maps for a tournament I print out the maps from the file section and count all the pieces used to make that particular map. Then I have XXXLarge Ziplock bags, one for each copy of the map, and I look at my part list and grab so many green 7-hexers and put them in bag 1, repeat for bag 2 and maybe even bag 3. Repeat for each of the different parts.

What would be wonderfully helpful is if the pdfs of the maps could include a parts list. Saying what sets are necessary is nice, and a great way to know whether or not I'm capable of producing the number of potential maps at a glance, but this parts list idea would be even more of a help, especially since I've shorted myself on more than one occasion.
Excellent Idea EJ!!!! I usually only have to build 1-3 maps at a time at home and I have plenty of stuff on hand to make any 3 maps I want. With your suggestion you can compare your inventory to Map requirements and quite possibly (depending on the map requirements) be able to build 6 actual maps with only 4 MS since each map may not use an entire MS.

BRILLIANT!!!!
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM

Padwhite is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Heck, I love the idea just to make getting a map set up quickly. My kids love to help, and I could just have them start out by picking out the pieces that we'd need.
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:38 PM

HeroscapeLunatic has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej View Post

Wow, I've finally found somebody that keeps their collection as I do!

ej, I'm not sure if you've checked out my Battlefield Repository thread, but one of the things I was going to do for those Heroscapers like you and me, was give a Tile Tally for each map I had links to in the Repository.

I'll keep an eye out on this thread and see how many people actually use this same technique when they build battlefields, and if the idea is popular enough, I'll re-implement the Tile Tally for each battlefield I breakdown and list.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 03:17 PM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hi,

As usualy with my bad english I'm not sure to understand everything but can I help you if I add the count for each king of tile in Virtualscape ?
Old April 23rd, 2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz View Post
Hi,

As usualy with my bad english I'm not sure to understand everything but can I help you if I add the count for each king of tile in Virtualscape ?
Yes.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 04:34 PM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What do you prefer ? :
- You clic on a button and a new window appear with all the tile count
- The tile count is printed when you print map
Old April 23rd, 2008, 04:41 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
What do you prefer ? :
I can't speak for them but I would definitely prefer the second option.

[threadjack]
Also, did you happen to see my question in the Virtualscape news thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
Zzzzz, I've got a request for virtualscape but I have no concept of how difficult it might be to implement.

I've been looking at which maps to include in the Eugene tournament coming in April, and thinking a lot about map layout in that context. Where height is concentrated, paths from one starting zone to another, etc.

So, to that end, I was wondering if there would be a way to show a topography map in Virtualscape. Just a top down view with cooler colors for low height changing to warmer colors as the height increases. So you could look at this one picture and see right where the flow of movement would probably center. It could also have extra bright points for glyphs and black spots for LOS blockers like trees and glaciers. I think it would be very useful for map analysis for the BoV and for tournament directors, as well as map builders themselves.

Did I make any sense? Is that a lot of work?

Ah, and let me add: I cannot thank you enough for virtualscape. You have already done so much!
[/threadjack]
Old April 23rd, 2008, 04:41 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
What do you prefer ? :
I like: The tile count is printed when you print map
Old April 23rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
What do you prefer ? :
That's what I'm needing.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 06:31 PM

I agree with everybody else - definitely would be beneficial to have the tile count printed with the PDF directions
Old April 23rd, 2008, 07:05 PM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker

In LandScape, there was a check box labled "Include Complete Tile List" on the print page.

A couple other check boxes on the page were "Include Calculated Sets Used" and "List Sets Specified When Created".

Any or all of this information could be included on the final build instructions.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software