Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 14th, 2008, 03:04 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun
Legal Implications of HS T-shirts?

I just wanted to ask some of the folks here this before I do this. I've been wanting to make a t-shirt with the SOTM box art on the front. Here are a few questions I have.

1. Is it legal to have a store make it for you? Will they make a shirt from copyrighted material, or will I have to do it myself?

2. Is it legal to sell the shirt once I've made it? Or is it legal to trade it, with no money involved?

Now, I don't want to sound selfish. I'm perfectly happy with making a shirt myself, for my own use, but I just want to know a few things beforehand. I'm not quite sure of the laws surrounding this. Thanks in advance.
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:09 PM

Fatespuppet has disabled reputation
I think there are better experts on the site, but I know for certain making them to sell is a big no-no. Making 1 for yourself I think is okay.

This is not the path I thought.
This is not the place I sought.
This is not the dream I bought,
just a fever of fate I've caught.
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:15 PM

Hex Sinister Woo who?
If you're just making one for yourself and a few friends just do it. Nobody's going to give a squat. I had a t-shirt made at one of those shops for this indie band nobody's ever heard of and the owner didn't blink an eye. Think of it as free advertisement. Now if you're going to print 10,000 and hawk them on eBay...

By the way, I'm an XL.

"Grimnak the Orc is doing something kinda pleasant to my arm." - Sgt. Drake
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:25 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
I don't think legally you can get into trouble making one for yourself. If you try and sell, then your in for trouble.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:42 PM

the mighty Thor has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelord
I don't think legally you can get into trouble making one for yourself. If you try and sell, then your in for trouble.
Very true, NEVER sell anything that has to do with another copyrighted product

Dumb people make me mad
VOTE THOR 08

"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" Gandhi

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Gandhi

Grammar and Spelling are 2 VERY different things
Old January 15th, 2008, 02:26 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Print away!

Old January 15th, 2008, 02:54 PM

aerofool Woo who?
Most certainly a big no-no. If you are ever not sure, take your art to the print shop pulling your shirts and ask them. In most cases, they will know what you can and cannot do.

Even if you are getting one made just for yourself, I don't think they will do it, for the print shop is selling the shirt to you. Thus they will be the ones libel.

****! I must be having a bad week!
Old January 15th, 2008, 03:56 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
On a side note..."TSA Member" T-shirts are available for pre-order....back says "Um.....what boxes??"
Old January 15th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I wore my one of a kind Jandar logo shirt at Gen Con to the Scape booth and got nothing but compliments. Had I been selling them at a booth of my own however...

See the difference?

Old January 15th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!
As long as you are not trying to make money or slander there good name no one will care. It would be best if you have your own art work and the back should say " Coming Soon, OUT OF STOCK"

Their I was a dark hallway and wave 8 in hand with trees all that stood in my way of a fun game was some D-bag from Hasbro. When I woke up my hands were empty, I had a bad taste in my mouth and a note pinned to my shirt reading "HaHaHa you thought we would let you get this now HaHaHa, Ps I took your wallet".

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old January 15th, 2008, 05:15 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
I wore my one of a kind Jandar logo shirt at Gen Con to the Scape booth and got nothing but compliments. Had I been selling them at a booth of my own however...

See the difference?
My son wore this to the HS booth at Gencon and no one complained...they actually got a big kick out of it.

I also made a bunch of these and gave them away as prizes to events.... (Gave Away being the key words)
Old January 15th, 2008, 08:22 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun
Alright, thanks, everyone. Once I get it made I'll post it here. Any ideas on a funny/in-jokish t-shirt I could make?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion