Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 16th, 2009, 08:44 PM

Cheesy Poofs is surprisingly tart
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

Right now I am currently reading The Portable written by Henry Rollins and I am also reading Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.
Old February 16th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyhedwig View Post
Wow, Hex, that's my favorite collection by King, and "The Jaunt" is my favorite story in the bunch. I also like "Ballad of the Flexible Bullet," and "Survivor Type," which is pretty gruesome, but pretty good.

I recently read his newest collection, Just After Sunset. Anyone else read this one yet?
Spoiler Alert!

I'll make sure to get to the Ballad of the FLexible Bullet. Thanks to Guerillanator, I do know the premise of Survivor Type, but have yet to read the tale.

I believe G-nator has read Just After Sunset and strongly recommended I try reading it.
Spoiler Alert!
Old February 16th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I just finished Catacombs by John Farris and am going to begin Sharp Practice also by John Farris tomorrow.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 16th, 2009, 10:36 PM

Rew knows what's in an order marker Rew knows what's in an order marker

"Lord of Light" - Roger Zelazny
Old February 17th, 2009, 12:37 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation

Actually, Hex, I don't think that's in Just After Sunset, but there is a story about an artist called "Stationery Bike." It's pretty good, and in a way reminded me of "Mrs. Todd's Shortcut."

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Soon to be Mrs. Tony Stark

DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRansom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceitfulBeauty View Post
I just fished Eusebius' History of the Church, and it was one of the longest things I've read in a long while, not actually length, but it took me a while to plow through it.
There were a couple times I thougt I'd sit down and read Eusibius' book. I never got far. Maybe now that I'm older I should try again.
The thing about Eusebius is that he uses so many people's other works, that's its like a modern day term paper. But he is a very modern writer and includes some interesting stories, lots of good perspective on different early Christianities, the church, and the emperors. And Constantine, that badass, is a hero.

[And DeceitfulBeauty finally beat NecroBlade at Heroscape. With Iron Man.]
Old February 19th, 2009, 02:30 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Read The Wizard Knight books, wonderful, wonderful prose and the First Law trilogy, cool and depressing. I will start the Graveyard book soon.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 19th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Soon to be Mrs. Tony Stark

DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
Read The Wizard Knight books, wonderful, wonderful prose and the First Law trilogy, cool and depressing. I will start the Graveyard book soon.
Very much wanting to read The Graveyard Book. <3 Neil.

[And DeceitfulBeauty finally beat NecroBlade at Heroscape. With Iron Man.]
Old February 19th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceitfulBeauty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
Very much wanting to read The Graveyard Book. <3 Neil.
Ooh, I've been waiting on that one for a while, too. Still need to get around to Stardust, though. Too many books, not enough time.
Old February 19th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!

I have recently begun to collect the following series:

Bone (currently have books 1-4)
Ultimate Spiderman (volumes 1-3)
Ultimate Fantastic Four (volume 2)
Ultimate X-Men (volumes 3&4)

And for the ultimate series, I am talking about those compilation volumes that have like 7-10 comics in each.

Old February 21st, 2009, 01:28 AM

Aquaryan is surprisingly tart

I am current in between novels at the moment.

I do want to mention that James Rollins and Gregg Hurwitz will be releasing new novels, this year. James is actually doing a young adult novel that some people on here might really enjoy.

I did pick up the trade paperback of Green Lantern: Origins (I believe that is the title). Some people that I know had just opened their own comic store near my place.

Old February 21st, 2009, 02:11 PM

deadeyedan7 Woo who?

I just read the first 4 books of the rangers apprentice series and they were great. I wish i knew how to make great customs like everyone else so i could make all the characters from the series.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books