Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 8th, 2009, 06:33 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart
Re: Vilsara's Customs

I see you posted in mine first to keep it from being in the "Latest Posted" column. Slick

However (and you knew this was coming)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church Monroe View Post
Marlowe is a very interesting custom.

*Presses button on tape recorder* Thank you, sir.

I think I will steal the idea of cutting off that bird, heheh.

I certainly don't mind, as long as the figure comes out all right- which, knowing you, it should. There are more uses for a bird than a scout, and if you can think of something super awesome, go for it.

Tip, though: molding on some sort of simply clay/putty might make the pose more dynamic, as long as you find something that stays on.

And your new character looks promising. I hope you find a figure for her soon.

That will come with the fancy Apoxie that's coming Friday, and with a little skill, I could throw her together in an hour or so. I just hope that I have that second little trait...

This stupid order can't come fast enough.
Comments in bold. And hey, I quoted enough and gave a few tips that justify my random post.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old December 8th, 2009, 07:24 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

On Marlowe the way it reads could also affect you. Since you do not mention opponents you would also be required to revel your own Order markers.
High Flying Scout
Any opponent figure within 6 spaces of Marlowe rolls a 20 sided die, if they roll 17 or higher view any order markers on that card.

I put birds on a custom figure but called them Falcons. Falcons are more commonly used as attack birds in wars then eagles which were harder to come by and not as easy to train.
Just a thought

Last edited by wolfeman1968; December 8th, 2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old December 8th, 2009, 08:06 PM

Hmmm. There isn't a specification on the stats for which figures are affected by the scout, and you are correct in that it currently would affect you when used. I'm definitely thanking you here for pointing that out, and giving you some free rep. I'll change that now.

In response to your second half, I could see falcons as a more logical choice for war birds, though I suppose the fact that Marlowe uses this rare and hard-to-train bird might give him a little more awesomeness ;D

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:39 PM

Church Monroe is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara View Post
I see you posted in mine first to keep it from being in the "Latest Posted" column. Slick
I didn't even realize that I did that, but atleast you get a free bump out of me saying this.

THAT'S Slick.

Not an anime fan. Just a Taiga fan.
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:49 PM

sanddog88 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

for someone who says that he doesn't have good painting skills, they look like they came out of a MS, so good job on the repaints

personally, i never really use the advanced stuff as my friends really don't know how to play advanced games

the only time i ever play advanced games is with my bro, and he doesn't even play that often, so i guess you could say i never play advanced games.

again, the repaints look pretty good. the thing i really want to know is how to morph the figures. i only have one RotV MS so i really cant do anything to my figures without never being able to use them again. and sadly, half of my Marro are um...dead.

yup, they are DEAD. or you could say that they don't have bases. my sis broke them...

anyway, i like all the figures. except Agent Carr. i prefer Drake myself, i really just pair him up with the AE and just kill everything on the field. they work together really well if you know how to use them.

Don't worry, hes not in pain.
Trust me, hes hurting on the inside.

Old December 10th, 2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church Monroe View Post
Quote:
I didn't even realize that I did that, but atleast you get a free bump out of me saying this.

THAT'S Slick.
You know what's even slicker? I get a bump (despite posting this amist Pokescape discussion) to respond to sandogg

Anyway, I don't exactly get what you mean by "morhping figures," but if you're talking about Tru-Brak-Ni and Marlowe, a trusty plastic-cutting knife and some super-glue are all you need If you can get some extra Master Sets (I manage to find plenty), keep the terrain and massacre the figures, then paste some together :P

Broken squad figures also work- Sir Tristan came from my only living Knight, since the other three were crushed by my carelessness...

And LEARN THE MASTER GAME, DARNIT. It's much more fun

Old December 15th, 2009, 04:49 PM

TODAY (the 22nd of November) IS A MOMENTOUS DAY IN MY HISTORY.

After two delays from lazy UPS drivers, I've finally received my oh-so-sculptable Apoxie Sculpt in the mail

With this clay, I can finally get on the ball and start testing out custom figures that can't be formed from gluing figures together. It appears to be an impressively easy way to make customs, and with practice, I'll be able to mold together something pretty interesting.

By the way, I have proof of purchase right here...

It is certainly Christmas time at the Vilsara household.

So, while I can't start getting into this until the weekend (teachers load us up right before break, after all), in the meantime I'll be listing off projects I'd like to try eventually, adding whenever I think of something new or am suggested by someone.

Pokemon Projects: I'll start off with a practice Absol, then try out a few Weavile, possibly a Muk somewhere. Scizor and Milotic may come eventually. Look out for Lucario, Primeape, Hitmonlee, Kecleon, and a few others later.

Other Nintendo: Hopefully, Link and Ganon will be possible with a bit of patience. Samus and Mario are also on the list. I'll be looking forward to painting custom "SSBB" Trophy Stand bases for these guys

Misc.: Or basically, everything else. Lorentha (my sketch on page one) will come very soon, along with a possible Squad of Omnicron Soldiers. I'll also want to make a few Warlords for the Viper army, building off the "Onyx" Vipers.

NEW UPLOAD: January 1st, 2010

It's been a while. I've been working hard in school (even over break!), meaning customs has come close to taking a backseat. Unfortunately, customing with Apoxie isn't easy. Even my first serious attempt wasn't too hot. HOWEVER, I've still been working occasionally, and now present to you my newest work- a Doggin hunter who fights for Utgar.

Isn't that just creepy. It doesn't have a tail, and really doesn't look like a Doggin. Perhaps Hellspawn is a better species?

I got THIS fancy little plastic thing from an old Star Wars collection I had. I think it was from Episode 2, in the colleseum scene... one of the three beasts. Oh well, it's unrecognizable now that it's in Valhalla.

And look, I'm even putting the stats in quote bubbles this time!

Quote:
Rakangi
Utgar

Doggin
Unique Hero
Hunter
Relentless

5 Life
Move: 8
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 3

Pursuit
Whenever an opponent's figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Rakangi moves out of that range, you may place Rakangi up to 2 spaces away from the figure immediately after its movement ends. Rakangi may not move more than 8 spaces in this way.

Bloodlust
For every figure that Rakangi destroys, place a purple Experience Marker on this card, up to a maximum of three Experience Markers. When attacking with Rakangi, add 1 additional attack die for each Experience Marker on this card.

140 Points
And here is the "official" version, the completed card:

I feel really bad for Dund. Not only is he disregarded competitively in the first place, but along comes this little customs maker and creates a Doggin Hunter that blows him away. Dund still has his uses, but Rakangi (working title) is an offensive predator worthy of respect.

...I know, I know. It looks really overpowered, and Pursuit doesn't exactly read very smoothly. Sorry.

In his defense, I don't find him too overpowered for 140, as 5 life and 3 defense isn't too hard to kill if you're fielding squads. If he's not used relentlessly, then he'll fall quickly, but if you chase after as many glyph grabbers and Sharks as
possibly, Rakangi will certainly earn his kills. Those kills, of course, rack up Bloodlust, leading to a massive attack of 7- holy hell! If you let him loose for too long, he'll dominate- in which case you've pretty much lost a lot of your army.

I'll test this puppy out later...

Last edited by Vilsara; January 2nd, 2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Added in Range for Rakangi.
Old December 16th, 2009, 06:58 PM

bobthebuilder000 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara;974473
[B
Other Nintendo:[/B] Hopefully, Link and Ganon will be possible with a bit of patience. Samus and Mario are also on the list. I'll be looking forward to painting custom "SSBB" Trophy Stand bases for these guys
SAMUS! (By far my favorite Nintendo games) I cant wait to see her and whatever abilities you give her. I'm also a fan of The Legend of Zelda and would like to see Link and Ganon in sculpt. And of course Mario is cool too. I also love the idea of Trophy Stand bases for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara;974473
[B
Misc.:[/B] Or basically, everything else. Lorentha (my sketch on page one) will come very soon, along with a possible Squad of Omnicron Soldiers. I'll also want to make a few Warlords for the Viper army, building off the "Onyx" Vipers.
I obviously want to see Lorentha with the interesting (but risky) abilities. The Vipers sound cool. I love the Viper army. (We really need to get the Venoc Warlord already!)

(Why is the bold not working?)
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:28 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Other Nintendo: Hopefully, Link and Ganon will be possible with a bit of patience. Samus and Mario are also on the list. I'll be looking forward to painting custom "SSBB" Trophy Stand bases for these guys
That's kind of funny that you would bring that up. I was actually working on some Zelda custom cards (without figures) in my spare time. I wanted to put them all up on the forum at once, but lost interest after a few cards. Of course, I was more interested in making general enemy characters for more of a scenario-type game (which would tie in with the dungeon crawl in the D&D set ) than main characters, but I did make a basic "sans-equipment" Link. That way he could get stronger as he made his way through scenarios by getting items and pieces of heart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:37 PM

Re: Vilsara's Customs- Has Apoxie, Needs Ideas.

That sounds pretty fun, actually. The Link I currently have written out is meant for casual, non-dungeon crawling games, but I could probably make a few adjustments if I decided to... do a dungeon crawl. Mind if I steal your idea?

I probably wouldn't make a lot of extra figures for general enemies, as my base collection is actually pretty small unless I snap off a ton of extra figures. With DnD providing me with 12+ extras (that I probably won't repaint), I'll have space for a Redead or two :P

I might post the stats soon, though again, I dislike not having figures behind the units.

Old December 17th, 2009, 08:03 AM

Church Monroe is surprisingly tart

It may interest you to know that I have remade Vilsara for my own collection.

Don't think that I am stealing him, just know that I liked your paint-job and color scheme, so I decided to make my own.

Not an anime fan. Just a Taiga fan.
Old December 17th, 2009, 05:26 PM

Stealing? Naaaah. I don't mind people taking paint jobs and stats if they like them. In fact, it gives me that little giddy feeling that all custom creators get when their work is recognized like that :d

For clarification, though, are you taking the card idea with the figure, or making a different unit to go along with the paint job?

(In other news,)

The weekend's coming so close... within 52 hours or so, I'll probably have another custom posted. This time, I'll probably have a card to go with it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards