Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 3rd, 2009, 11:45 PM

sanddog88 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
plastiscape ( introducing myself also )

ok, so lets say you dont have enough money to buy more figures, and your buddies are coming over to play heroscape with you. even worse, you cant find the figures you already have. your so unorganized, but thats beside the point. anyway, you think about plastic soldiers you used to burn with a magnifying glass when you were a child ( if you didnt do that, then trust me when i say it was ALOT of fun )

so you think, and think....and think....and think

until your tired of thinking. then it just hits you smack in your face!

why not use plastic toy soldiers?
i would give pics, but sadly, i have no camera.

i have modded some plastic toy soldiers, made some army cards, and i do frequently come to the site to look at grishnaks custom terrain ( if i got his name wrong, then my excuse is im not goood with names. )

ive even made some terrain myself, but sadly, stated again, i do not have a camera.

but if you have some Blendy Pens lying around, a couple packs of toy soldiers, and LOTS of time, you can create an ARMY ( yes, an army, its possible ) of modded plastic soldiers. they also work out for videos ( i have a camcorder, but yet i dont have a camera... )

i stumbled onto this idea when i was modding my Lego minifigs ( yea i use legos. inspiration has to come from somewhere )

i decided "hey, why dont i just use all those little plastic dudes i have lying in that box somewhere?"

so i did. thats pretty much all i got to say about this idea. i will add more when i think of more.
Old December 4th, 2009, 09:06 AM

Re: plastiscape ( introducing myself also )

*NEW*

vehicles ( tanks, little jeeps and all that other stuff ) can be used in advanced games. i also came up with 3 skills the jeep can use, pick as you wish:

"peel out": gives the jeep +2 movement for 2 turns.

"all terrain": allows the jeep to move over mud and water without stopping. also increases speed by +1 for 1 turn

"windshield wipers": gives all nearby valiant figures +2 range
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:16 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

pretty original I like the windshield wipers.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old December 4th, 2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
pretty original I like the windshield wipers.
thanks, i really worked hard on the idea of advanced stuff ( i usually play basic games with my friends because they really don't get the concept of advanced games )

im also making a scenario for plastiscape. im gunna try to make this simpler than it has to be. when the text turns a color that is indicated below, it means its that teams story inside the scenario.

BLUE corps = blue

RED alliance = red

Tribesman = orange

Civilians = green

as the BLUE corps are heading towards the bombed city of Gisanawa, RED alliance is heading there also, to kill all the civilian survivors and ransack whats left of the ruined city. the Tribesman are there as a Nuetral player, and can help any team at any given time. Civilians are trying to escape to BLUE corps territory, but can fight off the RED alliance. as BLUE corps enter the city, a loud speaker system announces that RED alliance troops are re-bombing the city. if RED alliance rolls a 18+ then the city is bombed, and all troops inside the city will be killed.

BLUE corps should then be meeting up with the Civilians, and rescuing them from the city before RED alliance comes. Game is over when:

1) all Civilians are killed

2) BLUE corps are killed or retreated from battle

3) RED alliance troops are killed

4) Civilians escape into BLUE corps territory

thats pretty much all i have for the scenario, any add-ons or ideas will be accepted gratefully.
Old December 5th, 2009, 12:03 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

I like it!!! It has a war feel to it and reminds me of an LotR thing. Quite well done. I think you deserve this +rep.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
I like it!!! It has a war feel to it and reminds me of an LotR thing. Quite well done. I think you deserve this +rep.
thanks! all this really came to me when i got bored, and i just found some plastic dudes in a box in my closet.i really started to come up with this when i saw AE repaints. im going to be posting pics when i get my camera, and when i get some more HS sets. i have half the RED alliance army done, still trying to figure out a paint job for the BLUE corps.

maybe blue, gray and silver?

i also just came up with a tournament mode, where there are 4-5 battles in an ongoing scenario, and each map has its own advantage to either team depending where the map is located in the plastiscape world. Maybe its behind RED alliance territory? or located somewhere under a BLUE corps facility. anyway, in tournament mode, you have a set number of troops you can use. you cannot regain troops ( just like HS ), but unlike HS, you KEEP the troops that didnt die. you cannot repick troops after a battle, so tournament modes basically force you to play with the hand your dealt, just like a real military general.

i also came up with a game type i call "search and destroy"

you ( the armies general ) are ON the battlefeild, with a character of your choice and color. the enemy has to find and kill your character to win. after every turn, you get a squad of reinforcements.
Old December 5th, 2009, 03:03 PM

I like the "search and destroy" scenario. It is a good way to make a game interesting. I did something like this with Ne-Gok-sa being hunted by the forces of good, and they had to defeat him. (he didn't die in the scenario, he was just defeated.)

Old December 5th, 2009, 03:49 PM

That Guy0715 is surprisingly tart

I have actually done this before. Here are some pics:

please excuse my not so good painting/modding skills. These were regular army men that I cut, pasted, and painted.
I have hardly done any play testing with these guys, so they are probably not very balanced.

Spoiler Alert!
Old December 5th, 2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy0715 View Post
I have actually done this before. Here are some pics:

please excuse my not so good painting/modding skills. These were regular army men that I cut, pasted, and painted.
I have hardly done any play testing with these guys, so they are probably not very balanced.
they were painted pretty good actually. and i like the army cards

the army men i used were the army men you could buy at the dollar tree or any other store. if your lucky, they might have some vehicles stashed inside the pack. i have'nt painted any yet, and even if i did, i don't have a camera so i cant post pics. but i would use tan soldiers as they are pretty much like canvases for painting.

if you want my un-official recreation of the BLUE corps VS RED alliance battle, then you should paint the pants of the RED alliance soldiers gold, and the top red. any details ( helmet, boots, equipment ) should be painted black, but i painted mine silver.

BLUE corps are blue pants, silver shirt, and gray equipment and stuff.

PM me ideas for more scenarios and teams. i havent tried this yet, as im still trying to build up the BLUE corps army. my initail plans are to take pics of the forgotten canyon scenario to post up here.i dont plan on involving any vehicles ( my friends might wanna copy me and use my vehicles )

so in the meanwhile, i came up with a new map called "sands storm" ( named after me, i should have a map when since i created plastiscape )

the BLUE corps scenario ( if they win at "forgotten canyon" in tournament mode ) they must take the base located among the dunes in the Gobi desert. they have the ability to call reinforcement ( bring back 2 squads if BLUE corps rolls a 17+ ) or bomb any place they chose on the map( the blast radius is 5 hexes ) if they roll a 17+

a second brigade of BLUE corps troops should be entering the battlefield, but deployment will be cancled if a 16+ is not rolled.

as the base defenses are breached, the lights inside the base are cut by an unknown team. all units inside the base lose 2 range. the central core reactor must be activated again, and the core must be found for it to work. after finding the core, BLUE corps must head towards the reactor and turn it on. after the lights are turned on, BLUE corps must defend the outside of the base for 3 turns to win.

RED alliance scenario ( if they win in "forgotten canyon" )

as RED alliance heads toward the base, they split up into different troops. as they flank the base, one brigade cuts the power of the base, and the other takes the reactor core. as they search the base, the other brigade loses the power core and recon jets are called in. add +3 vision to all RED alliance troops on the battlefield. as the reactor core is found by BLUE corps, RED attemps to take it back when the reactor core is activated. during the 3 turn assault, RED alliance must attempt to destroy or defuse the reactor core. BLUE corps troops are forced to retreat if the reactor core is destroyed/deactivated.

thats all i got for "sand's storm", havent designed the base yet, but i have an idea what "forgotten canyon" should look like.

also, if i had to tell choose what army the 2 teams would be on, then BLUE corps would be jandar, and RED alliance would be utgar

again, PM me ideas for more armies. i need all the help i can get on plastiscape.

Don't worry, hes not in pain.
Trust me, hes hurting on the inside.

Old December 6th, 2009, 12:08 PM

im making new armies. this is what ive gotten so far:

Arkadian navy

Surdunama Workers Rebellion( AWR )

the Arkadian navy relies on pistols and rifles. almost every soldier has a pistol, the best have rifles. the AWR use shotguns, chainsaws, axes, and pretty much everything they have lying around. mainly shotguns for some reason...

a select few of the AWR have grenade launchers, some have flame throwers. only a couple AWR have megaphones loud enough to burst eardrums. many AWR may carry toolboxes full of C4 or other explosive charges.

the AWR are vydar

the Arkadian navy is einar

Old December 6th, 2009, 12:57 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

This is a good example of a place to use the extra bases from Master set where you've either cut up other figures for customs or have some lying around from carelessness (or if you have my mother, clumsy feet). I'm not sure how Army Men would work on bases (never really played with them in my younger days).

If I recall correctly, they might be a bit larger than most HS figures, which could make them hard to implement realistically into the game. There might be some of appropriate sizes...

However, if you have some paints around (Apple Barrel= great for HS paints, in my opinion), extra bases, and a bit of brush-glue, then you can create some reliable customs.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old December 6th, 2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara View Post
This is a good example of a place to use the extra bases from Master set where you've either cut up other figures for customs or have some lying around from carelessness (or if you have my mother, clumsy feet). I'm not sure how Army Men would work on bases (never really played with them in my younger days).

If I recall correctly, they might be a bit larger than most HS figures, which could make them hard to implement realistically into the game. There might be some of appropriate sizes...

However, if you have some paints around (Apple Barrel= great for HS paints, in my opinion), extra bases, and a bit of brush-glue, then you can create some reliable customs.
the army men are only maybe, half a centimeter taller than HS figures, some are actually smaller than HS figures. but they are not meant to be customs, but in a different way to play the game with different figures. i didnt use paintbrushes ( i couldnt find any and i didnt want to spend some money on paint. ) i used Blendy Pens, and they came out pretty great for markers. i cant post pics until christmas, so everyone will have to wait for pictures of "forgotten canyon" and the battle between RED alliance and BLUE corps. also, i just want to point out that inside plastiscape, RED alliance are the main bad guys, althought the Arkadian navy goes along the same guidlines as the RED alliance. BLUE corps are the main good guys, while the AWR are just nuetral, but they mainly fight against the Arkadian navy and RED alliance, occasionally encountering BLUE corps forces. im currently painting a tank for a LOS blocker, but i dont know what sides color it should be. the tank lost it's tank barrel, so its pretty much an APC ( armored personnel carrier ) for now.

im going to make ruins for the "forgotten canyon" campaign out of flower pot styrafoam. i want to put hexes on the tank LOS blocker so it feels more like its part of the map. i was planning on making buildings out of paper, and they would be able to fit inside the hexes. ( cant go inside, but can go on top of the building ) we cant really tell if army men could work thier way inside the Heroscape world until the campaign is tried out. i will keep you guys informed on how the campaign went if i can get my friends to play the "forgotten canyon" campaign. again there arent many BLUE corps troops so i will just make BLUE corps troops be unpainted army men until i can get all BLUE corps troops painted. the Arkadian navy has 1 soldier ( how funny ) and the AWR has 3 soldiers ( a chainsaw, shotgun, and axe soldier )

again, im going to keep everyone posted on the BLUE corps vs RED alliance battle at "forgotten canyon". pics will be posted in january if i get a camera.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards