This is living up to its name!!!
Spoiler Alert!
I like it!

Demerge Disney And Marvel!!!
Old July 18th, 2009, 08:40 AM

Scapegeek is surprisingly tart
Re: Apocalypse

This is a great story!

Almost only counts with shotguns and hand grenades.
You found the secret message!
Rice Click my scroll
Old July 25th, 2009, 03:49 PM

foofoofun is surprisingly tart

well that is quite a cliff hanger. well there is alot of ways to make these deaths not even happen in fact there are too many to number. keep this great story a coming.

good will always win but evil will never die
Old September 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

Next part coming soon, for anyone who still reads this crap...

Last edited by Einar Gen.; October 23rd, 2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 04:33 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

Chapter 4, Part 4

The first assault came in the night. A volley of orc arrows flew over Ullar's walls, having little effect except to mobilize the troops. Aubriens were on the battlements in minutes, sending deadly accurate arrows into the orc hordes below. Kyrie hovered above the elves, picking off swog riders, sending the grut archers into disarray. Soon, the redcoats joined the fight, their guns lighting up the dark like a midnight storm. Utgar's forces did not attempt to storm the castle that night. So the battle wore on, the exchange of shots incessant.

Drake stared blankly into the pouring rain. After burying Raelin, they had found a cave to take shelter in, and settled down for the night. Drake had offered to take first watch. Not that he would have been able to sleep anyway. The shock of Raelin's death still failed to set in, her passing leaving an unfillable void. It seemed that with her gone, he had lost all reasons to fight. Grief had not clouded his perception, however. Something still bothered him about the scene of ambush: although they had scoured the field for hours, Raelin's spear of Gerda had failed to turn up. Orcs didn't have the sort of strength to wield a weapon of that power, except perhaps one or two of their champions. Then again, perhaps there was some larger, much stronger threat that they had yet to discover... And Drake highly doubted that Einar's elite guard could be slaughtered by mere gruts.

A small but sudden noise from outside made Drake jerk his head up, interrupting his train of thought. Something, or someone, had caused some of the rocks outside to move. Slowly, he drew the blade of Thorian from its sheath, the only sound being a soft *snikt*. He planted the tip of the sword in the dirt at his feet, a grim, humorless smile playing about his lips. He spoke to the darkness: "You can come out now..."
A flash of lightning illuminated the figure standing just outside the cave. A figure clothed in red armor, a bat like cape, and twin blades at his side.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 10:34 PM

Scapegeek is surprisingly tart

Didn't Drake and Cyprien already meet? You said something about "He stuck his two blades into the ground, but his fangs were still dangerous"?

Edit: Nevermind, it probably went away with the wipe.

Almost only counts with shotguns and hand grenades.
You found the secret message!
Rice Click my scroll
Old October 24th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Yeah, that was right. The original chapter was too long though, and it got wiped anyway, so... yeah.
Old October 25th, 2009, 07:47 PM

Chapter 5, Part 1

At the recognition of an enemy, Drake's sword came up to guard at an inhuman speed, honed by years of combat and near death scenarioes. Cyprien, however, merely stood there, an amused grin on his pale face. "Peace, soldier. I'm simply here to talk to you." He drew his two swords and planted them in the ground before sitting down, indian style. Drake cautiously slid his own blade into the ground, but drew his pistol, keeping it trained on the vampire as he sat down several feet away. His voice was filled with distrust and more than a little mockery. "Yeah? About what?"
Maintaining the same enigmatic grin on his face, Cyprien splayed his hands, palms up as if revealing a hidden weapon. "An allegiance..."
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:12 PM

Revloscaper is surprisingly tart

I love all fanfic but this is some of the best ive read, +rep
Old October 30th, 2009, 01:27 AM

Chapter 5, Part 2

A mixture of feelings filled Drake all at once: shock, confusion, and above all, hatred. Hatred for the lives Cyprien had stolen from him. Hatred for the atrocities he had commited. Hatred for Cyprien himself. He hated his guts, wanted to blow his brains out with the pistol he held in his hand, wanted to pierce him over and over with the blade of Thorian, make his blood run, savor the pain that he caused with each wound. "You murdered my friends." He spoke through gritted teeth. "You've killed who knows how many people. What makes you think I'd join with the likes of you?" Cyprien's face fell, and he sighed. It seemed like someone else spoke, for a moment. "I didn't murder your friends. I killed them. I bore them no ill will. I'm a soldier, Drake. We have orders, and we have to follow them, like it or not. You of all people should know that. And as for killing people... My body's different than yours. It requires blood, no matter what."

Drake thought for a moment. He was beginning to see Cyprien in a new light. "But why humans?," he replied. "Couldn't you just as easily kill an animal?" Cyprien shrugged. "We consider humans a higher form of life than animals, but human blood is so much better." "So you feed on them just for the taste?" Drake sounded outraged.
Cyprien shrugged again. "You humans kill an animal for food, even when the roots of plants are just as available, maybe even more nourishing. Did you ever stop to think about that?" Drake looked as if he'd been struck. No, he'd never thought of it that way. Animals had always been food, plain and simple. Suddenly, he saw through Cyprien's eyes.

"So you want to join us... why?" Cyprien was immediately deathly serious. "Utgar has been usurped. Yes, he is attacking Ullar's capital, but through no will of his own."
Drake held up a hand to slow the flow of words. "Woah, woah, woah. Way too much info! Ullar's under attack? And who would be powerful enough to beat Utgar?" Cyprien's voice assumed a tone of seriousness Drake had never heard before.
"Does the name Mitonsoul mean anything to you?"
Drake stroked his chin thoughtfully. Stubble was beginning to grow, he noticed absentmindedly. "I think Jandar mentioned an artifact by that name... what of it?"
"Your leader spoke of the glyph of Mitonsoul. An item of great power imbued with the power of the death god himself. Utgar has summoned Mitonsoul himself to Valhalla. Nevermind how, he accomplished it. Either way, he was too arrogant, and summoned something he could not control."

Cyprien paused and looked down. "The glyph itself has the potential to destroy all life, if emptied of its power. And if only a little of his power can do so much, then what can he destroy?"
Drake shook his head sadly. "If that's true, we don't even stand a chance. Why even talk about fighting?"
Cyprien flew forward and shook him by the shoulders. "Wrong. There may not be hope. But if we all join together, combine our strength, then we stand a chance."
He smiled. "Be it a fool's chance." Drake said nothing. Cyprien stood and sheathed his sword. "Think it over. I'll be back in the morning for your decision." Just before he took off, Drake spoke. "Cyprien." The vampire stopped. "Have you ever lost someone you cared about? Someone you would die for?" Cyprien took a moment before answering.
"My brother... attacked me. I don't know why. Some fit of rage at something I had said, or done. Anyway, I had just come to power, and was still adjusting to my newly found strength. I only meant to protect myself until his anger subsided. Instead, my spell transformed into a hideous beast, changed beyond recognition. He fled the palace that night. Soon, reports of a twisted demon came from distant villages. To this day, I don't know where he is." He looked back and made eye contact with Drake. "I'd die to change him back." He pushed off the ground, and the night sky swallowed him without a trace.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 12:53 PM

Chapter 5, Part 3

Drake stood outside, watching the sunrise, dark rings around his eyes. He hadn't slept all night. The morning sun reminded him of that morning in Jandar's castle, when he began this nightmare. Had it really been less than a week? It seemed like months, years even. The nights and days blended together in one confused mass. Shaking his head, he realized with a start that someone stood next to him. "Have you decided?" Drake looked away. He still didn't feel comfortable with Cyprien around, and his silent appearances were quite unsettling. "If we join you... What do you intend to do?"
"First, we go and deal with the troops assaulting Ullar's fortress. Without reinforcements, they will inevitably fall. Then, we rally all the other soldiers on this planet in an attempt to defeat Mitonsoul. We have little other choice."
Drake nodded. Right now, he didn't really care what they did. "Fine. I'll ready my soldiers..."
Denrick and the rest of the Jandarians, excluding the Omnicrons, stared with revulsion at the teeming mass of walking corpses, particularly the ones clothed in the blue outfit of the 4th Massachusets, the green cloth of the Macdirks, or the silver armor of the Knights of Weston. "Drake, are you sure about this?" Denrick whispered. "We have no choice," he whispered back. "But joining with these... things? Is that honorable?" Drake looked at him. "Honorable or not... I won't let anymore people die because of my decisions." And so, the armies of the living and the living dead marched, hoping, praying, that they would arrive soon enough to aid their comrades.
Old November 29th, 2009, 08:25 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

I really like how the story is coming along. The forces of good and evil fighting side by side to fight a common foe. Its funny, because it reminds me of a saying that I know of. "The enemy of my enemy is a friend." Meaning that since Cypreien is beytrayed by Utgar, who's under the control of a new leader, he would have no choice but to go and make peace between him and Drake.

It's sad that Thorgrim and Raelin past away. But other than that this story is great. Hope you keep it up.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction