Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 26th, 2008, 10:18 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
STICKIED!!!
Thank you GB!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:45 PM

Location: Walking down the straight and narrow path in Denver, CO
HighElfCollier has disabled reputation
If I may make a suggestion, whitestuff...

Instead of making fewer points with the bezier, and then formatting them to curve with the figure, another thing you can do is just make A LOT of points closer together.

If you zoom in to 200%, you can do this fairly easily, and it eliminates the 'loops' and the 'image cutting.' It just takes lots of clicking, but if you are fairly coordinated, you can keep going for a while without having to back up. I just keep my left hand on CTRL+Z. Since the points are close together, you still get a nice, smooth round to your figure, and you can even fine tune tough spots like tight corners.

It seems to work for me, I have made two customs so far using your tutorial.

Thanks for your time in creating this great help!

Deus Prosapia Sapentia!

Psalm 16:8:
"I will set the Lord before me always, He will be at my right hand so I shall not be moved."
Old April 2nd, 2008, 01:02 AM

Hey guys,

I seem to be having trouble saving my edited pictures as an XCF file on my laptop. On my Desktop, it works fine, but the desktop is much slower and I prefer to use my laptop. Any ideas as to why I may be having this problem?

Deus Prosapia Sapentia!

"I will set the Lord before me always, He will be at my right hand so I shall not be moved."
Old April 2nd, 2008, 03:09 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighElfCollier
Hey guys,

I seem to be having trouble saving my edited pictures as an XCF file on my laptop. On my Desktop, it works fine, but the desktop is much slower and I prefer to use my laptop. Any ideas as to why I may be having this problem?
What happens on the laptop?
Old April 4th, 2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
Quote:
Hey guys,

What happens on the laptop?
It works for a few seconds, then GIMP stops responding and closes. I think I figured it out, though. Whenever I save the image right after I add the layer mask, it freezes, but If I wait till I put the picture on the card template, it seems to work fine. I will try that out a few times and see if that is the problem.

Also, I have discovered that you tutorial is good for more than just Heroscape! I just work some GIMP magic on my graduation photos and they look really good. Maybe i'll post it soon so you you can see.

Thanks for the tutorial whitestuff!

Deus Prosapia Sapentia!

Old April 4th, 2008, 01:23 AM

[/url]

Here it is. I pasted myself onto a backdrop that I found online.

Deus Prosapia Sapentia!

Old April 4th, 2008, 03:40 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:

Here it is. I pasted myself onto a backdrop that I found online.
Nice work.
Old April 27th, 2008, 05:35 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: whitestuff's advanced gimpshop tutorial

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I don't have pasted layer, and I can't export, do I have a different version?

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:41 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon View Post
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I missed this post. What exactly is the problem?
Old May 25th, 2008, 03:44 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Quote:
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I have my Bat card that I made, I finished it, I couldn't find out how to do the mist effect, and I cannot export.

P.S. Great tutorial! It helped alot.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old May 25th, 2008, 04:07 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Woah...I'm overwhelmed with the effort you put in this tutorial, Whitestuff. I'm saving your first post on my PC for quick reference on using the GIMP. Maybe not for making custom cards but for other cool things. Thanks.

Old May 25th, 2008, 07:11 PM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Quote:
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I have my Bat card that I made, I finished it, I couldn't find out how to do the mist effect, and I cannot export.

P.S. Great tutorial! It helped alot.
The steps for both of these parts are in the tutorial. The fogging starts at about step 22 or so. As for the 'cannot export'; what happens when you choose the export? The steps for this are at about 45.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco View Post
Woah...I'm overwhelmed with the effort you put in this tutorial, Whitestuff. I'm saving your first post on my PC for quick reference on using the GIMP. Maybe not for making custom cards but for other cool things. Thanks.
Thanks I actually made it a while ago and looking back on it now; I think I did an alright job of it. The whole thing took me for ever as I don't usually use the GIMP myself. I had to figure out how to do in the GIMP what I normally do in Photoshop. Not too bad for a novice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards