Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 9th, 2008, 10:17 PM

King Bravemore has disabled reputation
Cowboy Speculations

If there are going to be any more cowboy/old west figures, then who would they go to? The current ones are spread all over the place, and frankly I'm a little upset that they weren't all from the same general. As long as we're on the subject Utgar and Aquilla still need cowboys. As for all things concerning the future of the Wild West, speculate here.
Old April 9th, 2008, 10:31 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Utgar needs the first common squad of coboys and a hero to go with them. Something like a 'Barts Gang.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old April 9th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It doesn't bother me a bit that the cowboys got spread all over. The Old West isn't some little blip-- it's huge in the time and space it covers and the variety of people you could find there. Starved refugees, rich capitalists, killers, pacifists, missionaries and religious zealots, inventors, explorers, scientists, soldiers... I think it's very appropriate that four different generals found someone they wanted there. There's so much to pick from.

I think the reason Utgar lacks a cowboy is that he fields mostly heroes who interact well with squads. Yes, there are exceptions like Cyprien because his army is so big and sprawling, but they're just that-- exceptions. He'd rather have someone like the Warden who powers up squad figures. Maybe we should think of him as Utgar's "lawman."

As for Aquilla... what is there to say? We haven't seen any of her range yet, so we basically know nothing.

But more cowboys in general? I'm definitely interested. The only thing I wouldn't like to see is a posse using Lawman Bonding. Bonding is becoming a pretty easy answer. Go through the customs section and there's a constant drone of heroes activating squads, squads activating other squads, loads of traditional bonding... It's a strong power, but let's not overdo it.
Old April 9th, 2008, 11:16 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
In my limited knowledge of the Wild West, someone like Billy 'the kid' sounds like someone Utgar would favor.

For Aquilla, any of the Cowboy characters that Clint Eastwood played in his career.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
If Utgar gets a "law-man", he will be along the lines of a Charlie Prince or Ben Wade or a Jesse James.

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old April 10th, 2008, 03:54 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
The only thing I wouldn't like to see is a posse using Lawman Bonding. Bonding is becoming a pretty easy answer... It's a strong power, so let's not overdo it.
Fixed.

Anyway, I'd like to see a cowboy figure for Jandar who uses the classic one-pistol setup. We've got a rifleman, two cowboys with shotguns and a two-gun kid, but nobody with just one pistol, which is what you often see in Westerns. Maybe a Valiant Wyatt Earp fanning his pistol, with a rapid fire Special Attack?
Old April 10th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
Maybe a Valiant Wyatt Earp fanning his pistol, with a rapid fire Special Attack?
Or something like: Quick Draw. When New Lawman is targeted for a normal atttack by a non-adjacent figure, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll X or higher and the targeting figure is in range, then New Lawman may immediately attack the targeting figure. If the targeting figure survives, it may now attack New Lawman.
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:06 AM

Padwhite is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
Or something like: Quick Draw. When New Lawman is targeted for a normal atttack by a non-adjacent figure, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll X or higher and the targeting figure is in range, then New Lawman may immediately attack the targeting figure. If the targeting figure survives, it may now attack New Lawman.
That is an awesome idea. Great both in both theme and function.
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:12 AM

Boozehammer is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padwhite
Quote:
That is an awesome idea. Great both in both theme and function.
I think that's excellent as well. I'm going to think up a custom with Quick Draw... someone with that and another pistol skill...

By the way, Padwhite, I have a very sexy disease. Tell me, what was it again?
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:18 AM

Padwhite is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozehammer
By the way, Padwhite, I have a very sexy disease. Tell me, what was it again?
sigh.... Sexlexia
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:25 AM

jsilvrs is surprisingly tart
Quote:
I have been working on a custom with that same ability. I think that is a fundamental Wild West ability. Someone targets you, but you are fast on the draw and shot them before they get a shot off.

Great Traders: Huggable Zombie
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:25 AM

Dartheyegouger Woo who?
Cool Quick Draw idea. I'd also like to see a cowboy with a Winchester repeating rifle and a squad of mounted cowboys.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion