Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old October 13th, 2019, 07:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Sounds like a good idea @TREX . That will make it easier to play gridless Heroscape. Thanks for the consideration, but I won't be playing any Heroscape. Haven't in years and am selling my collection as soon as a guy that I know that is interested raises the money.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 13th, 2019, 09:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Sounds like a good idea @TREX . That will make it easier to play gridless Heroscape. Thanks for the consideration, but I won't be playing any Heroscape. Haven't in years and am selling my collection as soon as a guy that I know that is interested raises the money.
Yeah. I dont get much scape to the table lately either. I considered selling all my heroscape terrain. The minis are great because of how many games they can be used in and they are already painted. Playing it gridless and possibly playing my Heroscape skirmish assault variant is probably how we play if at all going forward. Im not much interested in collecting any more c3g or c3v customs really either. It makes no sense for me to go and purchase specific models for customs at 5+ dollars each when I could buy a booster for legion, or these other fun games for a fraction of the cost per model. Also. Putting in time testing new designs is quite a bit of work compared to getting to play stuff that is already completed. My customs testing and collecting days are limited to possibly making a few of my own for fun with limited testing. Thanks again for showing me these other games. They are so much more fun when having other options of games to play. I used to buy all kinds of models just for heroscape when they were probably fun enough for their own games as well. Im debating selling the terrain first though. I started painting a hero booster of spanish pirates for rum and bones second tide. I stopped painting that set 1 and a half years ago. From here forward Im going to grab a random box and go for it out of my collection and knock them down 1 at a time.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 14th, 2019, 05:13 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Yeah. I dont get much scape to the table lately either. I considered selling all my heroscape terrain. The minis are great because of how many games they can be used in and they are already painted. Playing it gridless and possibly playing my Heroscape skirmish assault variant is probably how we play if at all going forward. Im not much interested in collecting any more c3g or c3v customs really either. It makes no sense for me to go and purchase specific models for customs at 5+ dollars each when I could buy a booster for legion, or these other fun games for a fraction of the cost per model. Also. Putting in time testing new designs is quite a bit of work compared to getting to play stuff that is already completed. My customs testing and collecting days are limited to possibly making a few of my own for fun with limited testing. Thanks again for showing me these other games. They are so much more fun when having other options of games to play. I used to buy all kinds of models just for heroscape when they were probably fun enough for their own games as well. Im debating selling the terrain first though. I started painting a hero booster of spanish pirates for rum and bones second tide. I stopped painting that set 1 and a half years ago. From here forward Im going to grab a random box and go for it out of my collection and knock them down 1 at a time.
$5??? Most of C3G figures are less than $1 per. over half of my collection was less than $0.50 each. But yeah hard to justify collecting stuff you aren't playing.

Quote:
I also talked to my brother about making ruler sections that connect together similar to how legion range rulers are, but they will be in lengths of 2 to 3 space sections to keep the range and movement of heroscape. After we get it designed, I'll 3d print a handful of them and if they are awesome, I'll send you a set. Not sure when that will happen, but when it does, it will be really neat. What do you think of that idea. It will essentially be a Legion range ruler with two to three space sections on each piece. The sections will be 1.5 inches wide, and be used to count spaces and range. They will have an insert peg just like the range ruler in legion. Should be fun. My brother is really excited to be able to make some heroscape cards for some of my really big miniatures that otherwise would not play the game on hex spaces.
This is interesting. I need to check out Legions range finder things here.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 14th, 2019, 07:54 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@japes , for expensive figures I was referring to mostly c3v stuff. I have tons of c3g that I picked up for very reasonable prices but dont get those to the table enough to want to collect more. As far as the gridless range sticks for legion go. Im talking about their idea but not them specifically for gridless heroscape. When my brother or I get around to making the 3d printable scape ones Ill get the file loaded up here for sure and you should be able to just print them.

On a side note, it seems I have a little more sunshine today so Im going to go ham spray priming a few hundred more models.

Old October 14th, 2019, 08:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I pulled the trigger and ordered the Fallout Wasteland Warfare RPG last week and got it Sunday. Modiphius released this version a little bit ago, and it's a hybrid of traditional RPG and tabletop minis game. Basically, you do the RPG narrative and storytelling like DnD, but then when you get into battles that you go into knowingly or are surprised and have to fight, then you can break off to do the fighting with miniatures and such. So in that respect, it's challenging to be able to have the battle scene kind of setup but hidden from the players' view so it's a surprise. One battle wouldn't be hard, but if there are several, then it will take a bit more preparation or, just not worry about being so detailed battlefield wise, like a traditional game setup I do.

I don't know when I'll get to run this, but there is a lot to read and take in first. It comes with pre-generated characters of several types, even a couple Super Mutants and Mr. Handy the robot. You can even be a Ghoul that hasn't turned feral of course. The different characters have certain pre-determined extra skills and when you first start with them, you have 5XP's to spend but you have to buy at least 1 Perk that can cost 2-4 XP's, and at least one specialty for 1XP, which is a subset of a skill you already have. Any leftover XP's you can use to buy another skill for 1XP. Then you have to choose 2 Gifts from a list, which are extra good things for your character, but then you also have to choose 2 Scars from a list, which are bad things for your character.

The book gives lots of background info, tips for the Overseer (DM) and 3 scenarios that are linked into a narrative campaign. Of course there are all the other rules as well. They still use the custom dice from FWW, and they still work the same for combat, but they also each have a different function for skill tests like picking a lock or hacking a computer.

Old October 15th, 2019, 12:54 AM
"like" happy

That sounds pretty fun @Hahma . Is that playable solo as well? I think I'm narrowing down which game I'm going to play first solo myself will be. Its between, Frostgrave, and Walking Dead: all out war. I'm leaning more towards frostgrave, but, I really want to check out perilous dark rules before I dive in. It just seems like that will be very fun to utilize. Also, I want that spellcaster issue 5 in print copy, even if its just for the xp values of the monsters. I think it would be super fun to run a warband through all of the scenarios. I think it will make it really quite fun to get attached to each individual character in your warband as you go through it. With that said. Perhaps I'll just double down on painting and creating that last couple pieces of scenario specific terrain for the campaign. I need to make a celestium out of 2 inch xps foam, and a couple other small pieces that will probably be easy to find and 3d print.
On a side note, I've decided to do something fun with my painting. I've listed all my sets of figures in sizable groupings or boxes in a list on my quick memo on my phone. The categories are by game, then by group. I'm going somewhat of a treasure table roll to see what I paint next. I will be rolling between the models that I have primed and ready to paint. I'll roll a number for what game, then another number for what box is next. That should keep the painting fatigue down for a specific type of models and keep it pretty exciting. The two games I play with my brother and bro in law are Walking Dead, and Star Wars Legion and those two are completely caught up. So that is what I'm going to do. I just finished another box of pirates from Rum and Bones that were started ages ago.

I'm going to start playing the scenarios in walking dead I think until Perilous Dark and Spellcaster 5 physical copy come out. Then I will probably be traveling to Felstad to see how crazy my wizard will become.

What do you think about my little painting roulette mini game?

Old October 15th, 2019, 06:43 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wasteland!
Old October 15th, 2019, 06:56 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
That sounds pretty fun @Hahma . Is that playable solo as well? I think I'm narrowing down which game I'm going to play first solo myself will be. Its between, Frostgrave, and Walking Dead: all out war. I'm leaning more towards frostgrave, but, I really want to check out perilous dark rules before I dive in. It just seems like that will be very fun to utilize. Also, I want that spellcaster issue 5 in print copy, even if its just for the xp values of the monsters. I think it would be super fun to run a warband through all of the scenarios. I think it will make it really quite fun to get attached to each individual character in your warband as you go through it. With that said. Perhaps I'll just double down on painting and creating that last couple pieces of scenario specific terrain for the campaign. I need to make a celestium out of 2 inch xps foam, and a couple other small pieces that will probably be easy to find and 3d print.
On a side note, I've decided to do something fun with my painting. I've listed all my sets of figures in sizable groupings or boxes in a list on my quick memo on my phone. The categories are by game, then by group. I'm going somewhat of a treasure table roll to see what I paint next. I will be rolling between the models that I have primed and ready to paint. I'll roll a number for what game, then another number for what box is next. That should keep the painting fatigue down for a specific type of models and keep it pretty exciting. The two games I play with my brother and bro in law are Walking Dead, and Star Wars Legion and those two are completely caught up. So that is what I'm going to do. I just finished another box of pirates from Rum and Bones that were started ages ago.

I'm going to start playing the scenarios in walking dead I think until Perilous Dark and Spellcaster 5 physical copy come out. Then I will probably be traveling to Felstad to see how crazy my wizard will become.

What do you think about my little painting roulette mini game?
Sounds like a good and fun way to determine what to paint next. The games you play with your brother are caught up with minis painted, so now it's whatever comes up as there's no hurry for those.

As far as the Fallout rpg, I suppose it can be played solo, but my intention is to get a few buddies to at least give it a try, with me being the Overseer/Dungeon Master. Likely not before spring though.

On a side note, a guy that I played The Drowned Earth with last March did a Q&A video with the designer of the game and found out that he's coming out with solo and co-op rules next spring and doing a kickstarter for that and some other related things. The guy I gamed with and let borrow some terrain for him to demo the game with at Adepticon, is an inside guy so to speak and asked if I'd be interested in beta testing the solo and co-op rules for the game. I love the game so I would like to help out craft the AI system. Should be fun, especially since it's a system I love but hard to find players for.

Oh yeah, I just saw that the print on demand version of Spellcaster 5 is ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Wasteland!
Yeah, this could be fun for sure. I've never DM'd a game before, so it will be daunting. I'll have to have the rules down pat and prepare for players to stray from the mission at times. But at least I've been in a DnD group for the past year and a half, so I've gotten to see how my buddy Brian DM's. Could also ask him for tips for how he handles things when we stray far off the path

Last edited by Hahma; October 15th, 2019 at 07:17 AM.
Old October 15th, 2019, 07:50 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Just kill the party when they stray. They learn to fall in line pretty fast.
Seriously though, I would suggest the equivalent of a dungeon crawl. Keep them contained.
As you get more comfortable you can open things up.
Old October 15th, 2019, 08:56 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Just kill the party when they stray. They learn to fall in line pretty fast.
Seriously though, I would suggest the equivalent of a dungeon crawl. Keep them contained.
As you get more comfortable you can open things up.
Thanks for the tips. And my buddy Brian often comments about killing our party

Well the 3 scenario campaign in the book is outside and traveling. But I'll have to be sure to have some interesting challenges for them if they stray. I could just roll a die and have a list prepared to see what they run into. Or make it boring for them to keep wandering.

Old October 15th, 2019, 09:01 AM

Following something prepared is probably best for a new GM.
I would try some sort of sewer crawl if you wanted to really keep things contained.
Let me know if you need any advice.
My friend you has been GMing lately as really dug into using tech.
He finds pics and clips (mostly from video games) and uses them to enhance the setting.
Old October 15th, 2019, 09:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

Cool. Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures