Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old October 14th, 2012, 03:44 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

my apologies. I completely forgot about that map. Thank you for the clarification

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12
Old October 20th, 2012, 02:54 PM

Well since you guys do not have too much going on right now why don't I put you to work? I originally nominated this map about two years ago around the time Wizards of the Coast stopped making the game and most of the judges seemed to like it, except for one thing, the glyphs.
The first time I nominated this map it made it to the review process but then got rejected because the glyphs were not balanced. After it got rejected a second time after a fairly lazy edit on my part (I was younger and stupider ) I received a pm from our friend Gamebear with his ideas on how to fix the problems the original had. About that time I stopped playing because of my life getting busy
Recently, I rediscovered my Heroscape stuff and starting playing once again. I remembered this site and decided to stop in and look around. I checked my inbox and saw that message from Gamebear still sitting there so I looked into the map a little more and I decided to try playing on it. I feel his rendition of the map fixes all the problems of the original.

So without further ado I would like to renominate mine (and Gamebear's) map

Jungle of the Ancients

Thank you in advance for any and all input on this map. I really appreciate it.

Thanks, Angear

Old October 20th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angear View Post
Well since you guys do not have too much going on right now why don't I put you to work? I originally nominated this map about two years ago around the time Wizards of the Coast stopped making the game and most of the judges seemed to like it, except for one thing, the glyphs.
The first time I nominated this map it made it to the review process but then got rejected because the glyphs were not balanced. After it got rejected a second time after a fairly lazy edit on my part (I was younger and stupider ) I received a pm from our friend Gamebear with his ideas on how to fix the problems the original had. About that time I stopped playing because of my life getting busy
Recently, I rediscovered my Heroscape stuff and starting playing once again. I remembered this site and decided to stop in and look around. I checked my inbox and saw that message from Gamebear still sitting there so I looked into the map a little more and I decided to try playing on it. I feel his rendition of the map fixes all the problems of the original.

So without further ado I would like to renominate mine (and Gamebear's) map

Jungle of the Ancients

Thank you in advance for any and all input on this map. I really appreciate it.

Thanks, Angear
Only one slight potential problem I see here. The glyph is nine spaces away from the starting zone to the left in the picture, taking knights three turns to grab it, and rats only two. I would consider moving it to the space adjacent to the single hex rock piece. One way to make it 8 from either side is to place a single hex tile under the water on the edge of the map.

Last edited by Black_Charos; October 20th, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old October 20th, 2012, 09:37 PM

Thank you for your input Black Charos. Like I said I really appreciate it. But I feel that moving it could cause some more potential problems. Primarily allowing the glyph to be easily defended from height. I can see the concern on the knights vs. rats though. Tough call

Old October 21st, 2012, 10:05 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Guys, let's keep the discussion of a particular map contained in that map's own thread. This is not the proper location for this discussion.

Thanks.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old October 21st, 2012, 10:38 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not worried about the glyph distance. Part of what you get with Knights & other 4 move squads is that you might be a bit behind the curve when you're contesting glyphs. I don't like to see glyphs at 11 spaces because that puts rats ahead of the curve against almost everyone else, but 10 and under is usually ok with me. Having said that, I'm more concerned about some of the height and bush placement - I can see some potential issues with the level 5 hexes in particular. But I'm game to give it a go.

Yes to review Jungle of the Ancients.
Old October 30th, 2012, 03:27 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Gents, I'm going to leap in and nominate another of mine. It's a bit tight, as one might expect from a map that uses only a single master set. But that said, it seems to have held up well, and — for what it's worth — has the benefit of extremely low terrain requirements.

Name from the 1979 arcade game.

Galaxian Download PDF
Uses: 1 BftU.

Last edited by Typhon2222; October 30th, 2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:46 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Maps pending acceptance for review:

Swamp Dog by GTigers55

This map is too wide open. There aren't enough line of sight blockers to create interesting moves for armies. NO to review.

Jungle of the Ancients by Angear

I enjoyed the previous version of this map and look forward to testing this revision. YES to review.

Galaxian by Typhoon2222

This is a tricky build using a limited amount of terrain. Sadly, this results in a very narrow map, made effectively narrower by the glyph placement. I just find this too restrictive for tournament play. NO to review.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 5th, 2012, 12:50 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Voting update, anyone? The last one was mid-August.
Old November 5th, 2012, 12:58 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

I'll withdraw Galaxian, gents, to spare the other judges from needing to pen responses. Thanks as always.
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

The OP has an update from 10/11/12. I think it was PMed or something and didn't get posted in the thread. My bad on that. Thanks, UtahScott, for keeping us honest.

I'm sorry that RL has given me such a beating for the last several weeks, well, months, really....
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:06 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Galaxian

I'm torn on this one. I agree with Dignan's assessment, that with the glyphs in place, this one's likely too narrow. My gut reaction is that it doesn't need the glyphs. But it also looks like it does a lot with a little, and I'm curious. So I'll go against my gut reaction and say Yes to review.

ED: If you're truly interested in withdrawing, Typhon, then that's fine - but I know it's been busy for a lot of us and voting will catch up soon. Some of us are east coast guys and I know at least personally the hurricane last week was very disruptive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios