Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 14th, 2012, 12:32 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Jormi, I'm curious what kind of spray paint you use for primer? I'm just about ready to take a go at my Super Dungeon Explore minis, but I'm stuck on what primer to use. This isn't going to be an attempt at making them look all crazy professional, just serviceable, so I don't need a high-end spray, but I don't want to use junk either.

Oh, and I'm going to use white primer (if that matters) because I know it makes the colors brighter... I'm going for a cartoony look (figures, because I have enough black primer to drown myself).

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:40 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Jormi, I'm curious what kind of spray paint you use for primer? I'm just about ready to take a go at my Super Dungeon Explore minis, but I'm stuck on what primer to use. This isn't going to be an attempt at making them look all crazy professional, just serviceable, so I don't need a high-end spray, but I don't want to use junk either.

Oh, and I'm going to use white primer (if that matters) because I know it makes the colors brighter... I'm going for a cartoony look (figures, because I have enough black primer to drown myself).
Right now it is cold outside, so I haven't been using spray primer, but brushing on watered down Gesso. When it is nice out I will use Rustoleum White or Black Auto Primer.
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:44 PM

GamerHusband knows what's in an order marker GamerHusband knows what's in an order marker GamerHusband knows what's in an order marker

I've been playing a lot of Thunderstone. Its a great game. For about $150 you can buy the base game and all the expansions. It easy to learn, but has a very high level of strategy. Its a deck building game belonging to the same family as Dominion, but has a dungeon crawl theme. I play it with my wife about 3 times a week, and also play it at my weekly game night. It also as a set of rules for solitaire play.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:48 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
A CSI package is suppose to come in today. In it I will find Wiz-War, Flashpoint: Fire Rescue, Summoner Wars: Goodwins Blade, Summoner Wars: Hawke's Strike, GoSu: Kamakor, and Resident Evil: Nightmare.
It's been a few weeks since I ordered from CSI and the list grows larger of course. Worse still, I've suddenly been turned on to historical games that I want to try (a completely different world than usual for me). I'm sure I'll break down and order one (or five), but the chances of playing them any time soon... argh!

Julius Caesar is the main one that has caught my eye of late (though there are many more titles in the same vein).
I hear ya... I own a few historical games (Battlecry, Memoir '44, Frontline: D-Day, Battle for Hill 218, etc.) , but haven't had a chance to play them yet. There are others that interest me as well, such as Conquest of the Empire.

Jormi, I know you'd commission Dungeon Run figs for $10 each. What would be your asking price for Earth Reborn?

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old February 14th, 2012, 02:42 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Quote:

Right now it is cold outside, so I haven't been using spray primer, but brushing on watered down Gesso. When it is nice out I will use Rustoleum White or Black Auto Primer.
Yeah, the cold is definitely throwing a wrench in my plans at the moment. I learned the hard way not to do that a long time ago. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerHusband View Post
I've been playing a lot of Thunderstone. Its a great game. For about $150 you can buy the base game and all the expansions. It easy to learn, but has a very high level of strategy. Its a deck building game belonging to the same family as Dominion, but has a dungeon crawl theme. I play it with my wife about 3 times a week, and also play it at my weekly game night. It also as a set of rules for solitaire play.
I watched The Dice Tower's review of Thunderstone Advance today. The new 'prepare' action sounds very interesting.

Old February 14th, 2012, 02:49 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here is a good video about priming with Gesso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvSCjmtQQk4
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:08 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

"O frabjus day! Callou callay!"
--Jabberwocky

"Bam! Let's kick it up a notch!"
--Chef Emeril Lagasse

Its finally here; THE HADES EXPANSION TO CYCLADES. Much awaited has it been since the Essen show, and I'll be picking it up tomorrow at my game store. Can one of the best Eurogames ever be made even more adventurous? According to those who have played it: yes!

I'll be trying it with all four new modules, as well as the promo creature Manticore, which interacts with the new heroes (by killing them). And still to come, the promo goddess Hecate!

***See:

*All the rest of the Greek divinities through Favors of the Gods

*New creatures, including Cerberus with his own figurine

*Mythic heroes (can you say 'Penthesilea?')

*Bidding for new variable start positions

*Priestess cards

*Hades with his Legions and Fleets of The Dead

*The Necropolis

*And much, much more.
Old February 15th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Look forward to hearing how the Hades expansion goes Chas. I've got Cyclades but haven't gotten into the rotation with the gaming group yet, though it's tentatively set to get played next Monday. It looks great, I just need to get it played.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 15th, 2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:

Old February 15th, 2012, 12:05 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

White primer is definitely the way to go for the SDE guys. I like black personally for lazy reasons, but I wouldn't think twice about using anything but white on SDE. Personally, I'm really fond of the P3 primer, just because I find it very forgiving (it doesn't clump in the cracks of the details if you spray it on too thick).
Old February 15th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Let us know how that goes, Chas. I've wanted to try the expansion for a while, but haven't got a chance yet.
Old February 15th, 2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, it is a bit more work, but I kind of like the control. I might do it a bit more even in the summer.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games