Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 24th, 2006, 05:57 PM

umuhiforgot has disabled reputation
our house rule

If LOS becomes a problem we roll. IF a character is on the edge of being able to be attacked we roll: If its a skull then you can attack it. No skull no attack. Makes the games go faster

GAME ON!!! I am open for in-play tips!!
Old November 30th, 2006, 11:04 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker
I only have a few and mostly use alot of yours.

Anyhow me and my freind made Tealord 80 points instead of 180. Hes freaking more than su bak na man and all he preaty much is is the opposit of realin. God what where they thinking.

Also I made Grimnak WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY cooler. You know how he has all those wepons on the side, he even has a bow and arrow set. Anyhow this is his card

base stats are the same

points 150

speceals

chomp

weilding: grimnak may weild a speir archer set sword and ax.

spear: Atk 4 Range 1 may use when enemy fig is directly infront.

ax: Atk 3 range 1 may use when enemy fig is to the sides of grimnak.

sword: atk 2 range 1 put a glyph next to grimnak and you may attack any enemy fig adjacent to that glyph.

Archer set: atk 1 range 6 alwas get hight unless defending unit is higher than grimnak.

this is a very rushed vertion and will posibly have the good one up for download soon
Old November 30th, 2006, 11:21 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
I think that this is the only scaper that spells worse than me. And my rules are,

Tae is 140 insead of 180

You must roll al of the dice at once to preavnt cheating [ even with the dice tower.]

Auction draft is alowed.

FINISH HIM!
Old December 1st, 2006, 12:19 AM

Sev_ has disabled reputation
Rolando, I think the spear should have a range of 2 since it is longer than a sword or axe.
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:43 AM

theats has disabled reputation
yeah, what he sadi.

Theophilus.
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:06 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I'm getting some great ideas from this thread, thanks guys! I'll try to post my list of rules once I get them tested.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 3rd, 2006, 02:21 PM

Adam has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotun
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
I like the push idea, but an "or less" roll is counter-intuitive to HS. Make it an "or more" roll for 18 plus or whatever. In HS, always remember high numbers good, low numbers bad.
In my example I used 2 as the number you'd want to roll or less on a d20 to push. Assuming that you were using my same example but wanted to switch it to a high number instead of low, it would be 19 plus, not 18. You may have just been picking an arbitrary number, but the point is that if someone tries to arrive at the high number just by subtracting the sum from 20 then they would actually get a 5% bonus. The rule would have to be written "Subtract the total from 21." and that's bound to confuse someone who may be younger.

I guess it's just a technicality.
I like that idea, except is it really that hard to push someone? I would say

Figure A: Height 10
Figure B: Height 5

since figure A has 50% more height, i would say that a 10 or higher would suffice to push figure B off the edge.

My existent house rules are

2 X's (both are bluffs)

When moving up a space or spaces, don't count the top of a space as a space, just count the sides and then place the figure on top of the elevated platform.

One unique per game (i only have one of each unique, so its pretty easy!)

If you come over to my house to play, then you MUST bring all the commons you can carry.

WARDEN 816~~The GRIM RAPERBOT
Old December 14th, 2006, 09:37 PM

umuhiforgot has disabled reputation
What are your fun house rules?

Castles: If there is a battlement, then for every ten height up you CANNOT attack one space out. For example, if you are 20 (2 castles pieces high) then you cannot attack 2 spaces out. If you think of it.... You really cannot see so it really cuts down on the...."oh you can see...not you cant...yes you can...." It makes life easier.

Doors: If opened... You must 1 whole round before closing it.
You must have at least 1 figure in the castle in order to control the door. Unless it is a special game. For example, if there is one archer on the wall and you kill it when a dragon then NEXT turn you can control the door.

Lava: you role for damage for EVERY lava space you walk on. Makes everything much harder.

Starting locations: **You must pick figures before starting locations.** Number the locations and then roll
1-5 is starting location 1
6-10 is starting location 2
11-15 is starting location 3
16-20 is starting location 4
**If you get the higher of the starting location you get it. (does that make sense?)

On the line decisions: (When s really really close)
Roll the red dice. If you get a skull then you can attack him. THIS TIME ONLY. **You cannot use this as an example of attack for later on**

For example, "remember when you were over there I attacked you?".. Nope, none of that.

GAME ON!!! I am open for in-play tips!!
Old December 14th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Merged.
Old December 14th, 2006, 10:12 PM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Hmm, my only house rules have to do with special items I place on my board. I don't have Taelord, so I don't have to worry about forcing his cost lower, and as I only have myself to play with (pretty much), I can add stuff mid-game. I don't, but I could... I like ignoring 'The Drop'. mostly comes from my forgetting to do it every round...

So, if any one comes here to play ever, they should bring their house rules with them.

But. If I ever find some one to play on a regular basis, I'll look here first to find things of interest...

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old March 26th, 2007, 05:21 PM

demon_llama has disabled reputation
we just run a couple of simple "starting" rules:

every team has an LZ (Landing Zone) from which to enter the field.
in this map, everyone started at a corner of the triangle.

while your "live" figurs are standing normally on their cards off to the side of the field, in your staging area.

then, before play. each player rolls 5 Defense dice. those "shields" are the number of cards that can be placed onto the filed, 1 full movement from the LZ. everyone else must be moved on using an order marker.

if a figure is not on the field, it cannot effect the field or be effected by the field (Ullar's vipers cannot get extra +2 to movement from Venic Warlord when first walking on the field), nor could Gruts use Beast Bonding to move Mimring onto the field). not on the field=not in play.

when a figure is "killed", lay it down on it's card. when it whole squad has been "killed", please remove the card and figures from your staging area.

that's it for the most part...

EDIT: we only use one set of "uniques" for any piece. doubles have not been purchased of boosters uniques (except to use in other game systems) and we have 3 or 4 masters worth of figures stored away. the way we play is "unique is unique", not "unique to my side..."

...the rich
(My HEX Game Files @ http://www.scribd.com/_the_rich)
Lawton/Fort Sill Heroscape (monthly?) Tournament:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...506#post951506
Old March 28th, 2007, 07:30 PM

Genesis1v32 has disabled reputation
in large battles you get 3 sets of order markers. so on turn 1 you can move the 3 units that have 1 markers on them in any order you choose. we dont use bluff markers.

visibility must be 20% or more to attack, no tiny speck of body showing. (we do this because we use custom trees that are suppose to be cover but you can see through some spots.)

in a large battle you can use 2 of the same unique.

if you step out for a smoke or something and your turn comes you lose it. if you need to roll defense when you are steped out the attacker will roll for you. (this happens alot in large scale games for some reason. no one can sit still)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions