Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 14th, 2010, 11:45 AM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SANDSHREW!

I still think Grass should be added, Grass is so rarely mentioned in powers anyways.

Old July 14th, 2010, 12:46 PM

BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just a quick thought I had; what if we keep Sand Attack primarily as an adjacent power, but gave Sandshrew range with it when on a sand space. Just a thematic thought, may or may not be useful in the end.
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:48 PM

caltemus Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
Personality: Of the two listed, ALERT for sure. While timid makes sense, in the game Timid was a nature that raised Speed growth while lowering Attack growth, so it is a nature you would never want your Sandshrew/slash to have.
If you want to go by game natures, we would one that raises Defense, or Spec. Def., and lowers Speed or Attack. Impish fits the bill as it raises Defense and lowers Special Attack. Another one that works is Careful, which raises Spec. Def and lowers Spec. Attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Just a quick thought I had; what if we keep Sand Attack primarily as an adjacent power, but gave Sandshrew range with it when on a sand space. Just a thematic thought, may or may not be useful in the end.
That is an interesting idea, but, since things are costed in ideal conditions, would he become undercosted on a sandless map?

Charlie is the slightly less dexterous, Russo-Israeli KMA
Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE
Old July 14th, 2010, 01:58 PM

BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltemus View Post
Quote:
That is an interesting idea, but, since things are costed in ideal conditions, would he become undercosted on a sandless map?
Probably. Like I said, just a thought (a nice thematic one, IMO), but probably won't be used due to costing complications, etc.
Old July 14th, 2010, 02:10 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltemus View Post
Quote:
Probably. Like I said, just a thought (a nice thematic one, IMO), but probably won't be used due to costing complications, etc.
Pokemon (for the most part) I think should be ok on all terrain. I mean dig should work on grass as well. Lava field would be a bit weird though.
Old July 14th, 2010, 02:41 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SQUIRTLE!

Edited Sand Attack and Tunneling per recommendations.

Quote:
Sandshrew

Sandshrew v7

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

~40 - 60 points?

Special Abilities/Attacks:

Defense Curl:
If this Sandshrew does not attack this turn, you may add 1 to his defense until the start of his next turn.

Sand Attack 14:
When this Sandshrew or any friendly figure adjacent to this Sandshrew is attacked by a normal attack from an opponent within 2 clear line spaces, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the targeted figure may not attack again until its next turn.

Tunneling:
Instead of moving normally, if this Sandshrew begins its movement on a rock or sand space, you may use Tunneling. Choose an empty rock or sand space up to 5 spaces away. This space cannot be more than 1 level higher or 3 levels lower than the space that this Sandshrew started on. If this Sandshrew is engaged when it starts its Tunneling, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Okay, a few things:

While giving Sand Attack range if Sandshrew is on a sand space is cool... I don't know. There's something about it that throws me off.

I would rather keep Tunneling restricted to rock and sand spaces, seeing those are the only places that Sandshrew are found in the games. Plus, it keeps with the theme.

And I know Timid/Impish/etc. are abilities, I made a note from Versions 1-4 introducing a question about having natures as personalities. But he has already been declared Alert, so don't worry about it.

And we still need a definite point value.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old July 14th, 2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Sandshrew

Sandshrew v7

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

~40 - 60 points?

Defense Curl:
If this Sandshrew does not attack this turn, you may add 1 to his defense until the start of his next turn.

Sand Attack 14:
When this Sandshrew or any friendly figure adjacent to this Sandshrew is attacked by a normal attack from an opponent within 2 clear line spaces, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the targeted figure may not attack again until its next turn.

Tunneling:
If this Sandshrew begins its turn on a rock or sand space, instead of moving normally, you may use Tunneling. Choose an empty rock or sand space that is within 5 spaces of that Sandshrew and is no higher than one level above that Sandshrew's height or 3 levels below that Sandshrew's base. If this Sandshrew is engaged when it starts its Tunneling, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.
This is a bit more official and I think a better version of Tunneling. The changed powers are the green ones.
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:09 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
Quote:
Sandshrew

Sandshrew v7

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

~40 - 60 points?

Defense Curl:

Sand Attack 14:

Tunneling:
If this Sandshrew begins its turn on a rock or sand space, instead of moving normally, you may use Tunneling. Choose an empty rock or sand space that is within 5 spaces of that Sandshrew and is no higher than one level above that Sandshrew's height or 3 levels below that Sandshrew's base. If this Sandshrew is engaged when it starts its Tunneling, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.
This is a bit more official and I think a better version of Tunneling. The changed powers are the green ones.
I guess that's fine. I took it by the space the Sandshrew was on, since it was going into the ground at Point A and coming out at Point B.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Tunneling:
I guess that's fine. I took it by the space the Sandshrew was on, since it was going into the ground at Point A and coming out at Point B.
Look closely...it still has to start on rock/sand. I only changed the wording a tad and mad it so that it can move up more levels.
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:00 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Tunneling:
Look closely...it still has to start on rock/sand. I only changed the wording a tad and mad it so that it can move up more levels.
I think it looks good, especially the tunneling part, since thats such a big part of "shrew. The +range on sand spaces sounds cool, but I don't know if it would originally do that, in the show when sand attach is used, how close does the pokemon get to the target? I think 50 points would be good.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old July 15th, 2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Tunneling:
I think it looks good, especially the tunneling part, since thats such a big part of "shrew. The +range on sand spaces sounds cool, but I don't know if it would originally do that, in the show when sand attach is used, how close does the pokemon get to the target? I think 50 points would be good.
We are taking the moves from the games (mostly) and then making the power to fit the theme, so a few minor changes here and there to help the move fit the theme of the pokemon isn't bad.
Old July 15th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

So are these the powers we want and do they do exactly what we want them to do? If so, I'll make them official wording.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum