Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 12th, 2010, 09:10 PM

caltemus Woo who?
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SANDSHREW!

Why are we adding Fury Swipes now? Sandshrew doesn't learn this until level 47, he is way past evolution by then, if we are to use it, use it on Sandslash. Also, kaiyu's updated wording sounds good. with slight change

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Sand Attack
When this Sandshrew is targeted for an attack from an adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the figure cannot attack for the duration of the its turn.
Change in Blue

Charlie is the slightly less dexterous, Russo-Israeli KMA
Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE

Last edited by caltemus; July 12th, 2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltemus View Post
Why are we adding Fury Swipes now? Sandshrew doesn't learn this until level 47,
Nope, he learns it at level 19, and evolves at 22.
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:18 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Why are we adding Fury Swipes now? Sandshrew doesn't learn this until level 47, he is way past evolution by then, if we are to use it, use it on Sandslash. Also, kaiyu's updated wording sounds good. with slight change

Quote:
Sand Attack
When this Sandshrew is targeted for an attack from an adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the figure cannot attack for the duration of the it's turn.
Change in Blue
Btw...I like the wording for the new sand attack. If you add fury swipes, it may be better to knock his attack down to 2. I don't know though. What do you guys think? (that is if we keep fury swipes.)

I don't know where you got the data that he learns it at level 47! It's a pretty low level attack that is learned early on.
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:19 PM

caltemus Woo who?

I went with the 3rd gen dex, as we are nowhere near DPPt.

http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/027.shtml

And I made a mistake, it is level 37, not 47

Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Meh, that doesn't matter to me all that much. A movepool is a movepool. It's not like Fury Swipes deals as much damage as Hyper Beam.
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SQUIRTLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post
Fury Swipes:
After moving and before attacking with this Sandshrew, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-7, you may attack normally with this Sandshrew. If you roll 8-13, after attacking with this Sandshrew, it may attack one additional time. If you roll 14-16, after attacking with this Sandshrew, it may attack two additional times. If you roll 17-19, after attacking with this Sandshrew, it may attack three additional times. If you roll a 20, after attacking with this Sandshrew, it may attack four additional times. You may attack the same or different figures with each attack. Roll each attack separately.
But as far as the power goes...
Whoa! With 3 attack and a 30% chance to attack 3 or more times, with a defensive avoiding skill, he just became the new Q9. Maybe lower his attack to 2 and giving the chance to not be able to hit. Fury Swipes in Pokmon has an 80% chance to hit, so "If you roll a 1-4, this Sandshrew must immediately end its turn."

Quote:
Sand Attack
When this Sandshrew is targeted for an attack from an adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the targeting figure cannot attack for the duration of the it's turn.
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:

That sounds more reasonable. I looked it up and you're right. Still I think that being a rather low key attack it's appropriate for him.
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:24 PM

caltemus Woo who?

I am using the 3rd generation pokedex for data because Sandshrew is from Red/Blue/Yellow, and they remade that with FireRed/LeafGreen, so the FireRed/LeafGreen dex is better to use than the HeartGold/SoulSilver one. Also, I see fury swipes for Scyther, not Sandshrew.

Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post
Fury Swipes:
After moving and before attacking with this Sandshrew, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-7, you may attack normally with this Sandshrew. If you roll 8-13, after attacking with this Sandshrew, it may attack one additional time. If you roll 14-16, after attacking with this Sandshrew, it may attack two additional times. If you roll 17-19, after attacking with this Sandshrew, it may attack three additional times. If you roll a 20, after attacking with this Sandshrew, it may attack four additional times. You may attack the same or different figures with each attack. Roll each attack separately.
But as far as the power goes...
Whoa! With 3 attack and a 30% chance to attack 3 or more times, with a defensive avoiding skill, he just became the new Q9. Maybe lower his attack to 2 and giving the chance to not be able to hit. Fury Swipes in Pokmon has an 85% chance to hit, so "If you roll a 1-3, this Sandshrew must immediately end its turn."

Quote:
Sand Attack
When this Sandshrew is targeted for an attack from an adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the targeting figure cannot attack for the duration of the it's turn.
If you did Fury swipes that would be best having a chance to miss. Good idea!
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Caster of Crying

Quote:
Quote:
Sand Attack
Wrong "it's." (you have "it is," not the possessive "its")
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:35 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Updated Sandshrew.

Quote:
Sandshrew

Sandshrew v3

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert (Timid? But that's a nature...)
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

~70 - 80 points?

Special Abilities/Attacks:

Fury Swipes:
After moving and before attacking with this Sandshrew, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-7, you may attack once with this Sandshrew. If you roll 8-13, after attacking with this Sandshrew, it may attack one additional time. If you roll 14-16, after attacking with this Sandshrew, you may attack two additional times. If you roll 17-19, after attacking with this Sandshrew, you may attack 3 additional times. If you roll a 20, after attacking with this Sandshrew, it may attack 4 additional times.

Sand Attack 14:
If this Sandshrew is attacked by a normal attack by an adjacent figure, and at least one skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-13, roll defense dice as normal. If you roll a 14 or higher, this Sandshrew takes no damage and the attacking figure may not attack again for the duration of its turn.

Climb x2
When moving up or down levels of terrain, this Sandshrew may double its Height.
Changes in Indigo.

@WA- Thank you, I was waiting for someone to catch that.

@ Kroz- And, actually, I got the Fury Swipes idea from Warlord Alpha a few pages back. Credit where credit is due.

@caltemus- I see Scyther with X-Scissor.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:41 PM

caltemus Woo who?

X-Scissor? I haven't heard of that. I got Fury Swipes and Fury Cutter confused, but i still don't like swipes on Sandshrew, It could raise his cost too much.

Edit: Found X-Scissor, its a DPPt move. I haven't encountered since I haven't trained any of the pokemon that learn it.

Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum